Summer clear out!

SJFC1988-

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt I'll get pelters for this, but I'm past caring. Ando must go. Costs us too many games. The guy is a ****ing nightmare. He's not an SPL level player. It's beyond me how people can defend him.

Thank u j w for coming out with this as i now know i am not the only saints fan that does not think ando is as good as most people on here make him out to be.

Thank u j w for coming out with this as i now know i am not the only saints fan that does not think ando is as good as most people on here make him out to be.

yes, it seems to be sacrilege to criticise Ando. Whilst I'm happy to admit he has improved especially in the air, I just don't get how people can actually think he's any good.

No doubt I'll get pelters for this, but I'm past caring. Ando must go. Costs us too many games. The guy is a ****ing nightmare. He's not an SPL level player. It's beyond me how people can defend him.

I totally agree, the lad is a total bombscare at times.

Get rid of- peaso, parkin, moon, taylor, rusty, smith, novakovas and samuel.

Would keep doobs one last season aswell as morris.

Would like to see haber back and a new left winger.

People calling for Parkin's head beggars belief. The numbers do not lie. With him we averaged a goal a game. Since then, 4 goals in what, 12 games? 1 of which was an own goal.

Get rid of Craig? Are you joking?

Honest to God if some of you people called for these players' heads to my face I'd shout at you until I was blue in the face. You lot beggar belief.

People calling for Parkin's head beggars belief. The numbers do not lie. With him we averaged a goal a game. Since then, 4 goals in what, 12 games? 1 of which was an own goal.

Get rid of Craig? Are you joking?

Honest to God if some of you people called for these players' heads to my face I'd shout at you until I was blue in the face. You lot beggar belief.

Your calling for del's head then saying this about the folk who call for the head of his signings!

Your calling for del's head then saying this about the folk who call for the head of his signings!

Parkin has been a solid acquisition. No Deuchar, but decent enough.

McInnes playing 4-5-1 in a national semi final two years in a row is unforgivable, especially given last year he inferred the team were far better with two up front after the game - which Walter Smith agreed with!

I don't know if you're allowed to ask this, but I will anyway...

For all those players that 'need' released (think the phrases used are passed it/shit/deadwood), who is out there to replace them (that's within our price range, available and going to improve what we already have)?

Nobody will be hiding from how bad Saturday was - I certainly wouldn't want to have been in that dressing room today going over the mess! A wee chill out on here might help from these knee jerk reactions and posts.

Also, remember we are going to struggle anyway in terms of finance with how much our pitch is going to cost us - 5 games to try and get the best finishing position in the league and get us more money...

rid of the deadwood. 3 wingers, since we dont have any, a goalkeeper and a striker. Thats to start.

Yeah, I agree we need a new goalkeeper:

SPL Clean Sheets

Fraser Forster 16

Allan McGregor 13

Marian Kello 12

Peter Enckelman 11

Dusan Pernis 10

Darren Randolph 10

Jamie Langfield 7

Cameron Bell 7

Ryan Esson 5

Tomas Cerny 5

Jamie MacDonald 3

Graham Stack 3

11 clean sheets plus several in the cup just simply isn't good enough for a bottom six side. Shocking - imagine where we would be if we had a decent keeper.

For all those players that 'need' released (think the phrases used are passed it/shit/deadwood), who is out there to replace them (that's within our price range, available and going to improve what we already have)?

Nobody will be hiding from how bad Saturday was - I certainly wouldn't want to have been in that dressing room today going over the mess! A wee chill out on here might help from these knee jerk reactions and posts.

Also, remember we are going to struggle anyway in terms of finance with how much our pitch is going to cost us - 5 games to try and get the best finishing position in the league and get us more money...

Right you take that logic to somewhere it might be understood :laugh:

I asked this last week or the week before and was shot down because football fans supposedly don't know which players are available on the general market.

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

I think we're quite entitled to ask for better in many cases.

Samuel, Peaso, Dobie and Jackson have scored 3 SPL goals between them this season. I'm pretty sure we could find ONE striker to contribute more than that for next year. Andy Kirk is out of contract I believe and in our price range. Haber I'm sure would jump at the chance to come back up here too, if Del was to go down that avenue again. Rory McAllister and Curier are also out of contract in the summer (I think?). It won't be too difficult replacing those four in my opinion, even if it's not with one 20 goals a season striker. Far easier than replacing Sheridan and Deuchar last summer anyway.

Taylor has contributed 2 assists as far as I can remember. One on the opening day of the season against Hearts, and another against Thistle in the cup. He also scored an equaliser against Killie. He's been directly responsible for 2 points in the league, and helping us advance in the cup. Not great. I'm absolutely certain we can find a lower league player to do more than that. Rumour has it we're in for David Robertson at United - far better player, and I doubt he'll be on that much more than what we're currently wasting on Cleveland. Paul Burns will also be available, and Craig Forsyth wouldn't be out of reach for us either, especially if Dundee haven't got their finances in order by the end of the season. Danny Green from Dagenham and Redbridge looks an excellent player too, and I very much doubt he'll be on anything that would rule us out of a move.

Invincible started off well, but he's tailed off now and I don't think he'll consistently get in ahead of Millar. We'd be as well getting shot at the end of the season and opening up more in the way of wages for more priority decisions. We'll likely have to offer big money to get a striker good enough to score with any level of consistency for us, so we could use his wage in addition to a couple of the strikers that may be on their way out. We could bring in one player who would be more than good enough to replace both Taylor and Invincible.

Smith will be on big money for a back up goalie. It might be time to cut losses and let him go. We've got a couple of decent young goalies by the looks of things, so I wouldn't lose too much sleep about losing him either. He's a decent SPL back up though, and wouldn't want to push him out the door without offering him something. If he does go, and Del is absolutely determined to replace him with another proven SPL goalie, the other Graeme Smith will be available from Hibs. Not a great 1st choice, but certainly good enough to play second fiddle to Enckleman. We'll likely get linked to Paul Gallacher as we always seem to as well. He'd be on big money though, and wouldn't be a guaranteed starter with Enk about.

There's plenty of options available to Del in the summer. There's going to be a massive cull in players from most teams in the SPL, and indeed in England, so there's no reason why we can't replace those who have consistently under performed with other, cheaper options. If they don't perform, then we're not really any worse off and paying much less out in wages. We've got a pretty decent SPL standard back bone already here, we just need better options up top and some more creativity/pace in the midfield.

This will be a very interesting summer.

Would love to see Lewis Stevenson in, good left foot can play left back, midfield and centre midfield. Would defo add something tithe team, definatetly keep Craig and granger if he says on thier toes.

IMHO I don't believe we need another goalkeeper, I am more than happy for Clark and Duffy to play second fiddle to Enks.

So I reckon we need, 1 centre back, left sided player, creative midfielder, at least 1 winger and probably 2 strikers. So 6 player in at least, and considering i reckon at least 8 will go in the summer, assuming the budget is t same, a slightly higher calibre player is possible.

stevie may is a terrific young striker and certainly one for the future, but surely you dont expect him to be our main striker after 2 or 3 starts and several substitute appearances.

If he is a terrific young striker why not have the faith in playing him as our main striker, i dont see any of the other guys that have played most of the season doing much in the way of scoring goals!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):)

If he is a terrific young striker why not have the faith in playing him as our main striker, i dont see any of the other guys that have played most of the season doing much in the way of scoring goals!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant just throw him in at the deep end, we need a proven goal scorer at the moment, and i dont think he,s ready to be the main striker just yet.

Was he not the last saints player to score a league goal!!!!!!!!!

yes he was, but as i said it was against the worst defence in the spl, he is a young lad still learning the game and it would be best in my opinion to have him playing beside an experienced striker and not as the main striker.