#42 - 25/04/11 - Saints 0-3 Inverness CT - SPL

We can manange three goals in five games against lower six opposition, hopefully :sad: and without conceding with that great defense of ours :cry:

A goal in three separate games without reply in all five would give 11 points. :laugh:

How dire would that be? Don't we want to be entertained at all?

Is it really all/only about league position/maintaining our place in the spl?

I'm off to East End Park on Saturday for some atmosphere and excitement. Actually looking forward to it. :laugh:

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they're no sitting anywhere near me. Wee shi*tes :laugh::laugh::laugh:

stick em in the ormond stand:wink:

A goal in three separate games without reply in all five would give 11 points. :laugh:

How dire would that be? Don't we want to be entertained at all?

Is it really all/only about league position/maintaining our place in the spl?

I'm off to East End Park on Saturday for some atmosphere and excitement. Actually looking forward to it. :laugh:

sadly it seems to be, but i see it as a chance to go gung-ho on the opposition, as the reverend says- "if you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much room" we could continue to play the same cautious way and still end up 11th, so why not go for it, attack attack attack before they change our name to st johnstonenil

I'd like to see something along these lines for the ICT game:

_________Enckleman

Mackay__Duberry__Anderson__Grainger

Millar*__Morris__Davidson__Taylor

________Robertson__May

*Invincibile if Millar still isn't ready.

I think Taylor in particular deserves a decent chance between now and the end of the season - his delivery from the wing is good and Robertson could give him something to aim at. I'd also like Adams to get a run at some point but, those players aside, I don't think there are too many fringe players knocking about who we're likely to learn anything new about. McInnes already knows who his best players are, and they're the ones who normally play.

I'd like to see something along these lines for the ICT game:

_________Enckleman

Mackay__Duberry__Anderson__Grainger

Millar*__Morris__Davidson__Taylor

________Robertson__May

*Invincibile if Millar still isn't ready.

I think Taylor in particular deserves a decent chance between now and the end of the season - his delivery from the wing is good and Robertson could give him something to aim at. I'd also like Adams to get a run at some point but, those players aside, I don't think there are too many fringe players knocking about who we're likely to learn anything new about. McInnes already knows who his best players are, and they're the ones who normally play.

Will Morris be available? Based on his twitter he was still in pain on Friday with his back so I can't see him being risked if he is struggling.

Taylor has had a number of chances and has appeared pish when I have seen him and sounded pish reading other reviews on this forum

I beg to differ. When he was given a run of games last season (around the Motherwell away game) he really shone (MOTM ratings on here confirmed that). He may not have the pace we really want and doesn't always beat his man, but the boy can cross. And can win a foul like nobody else. He also put up a fantastic fight against this season's SPL Player of the Year on Tuesday.

I beg to differ. When he was given a run of games last season (around the Motherwell away game) he really shone (MOTM ratings on here confirmed that). He may not have the pace we really want and doesn't always beat his man, but the boy can cross. And can win a foul like nobody else. He also put up a fantastic fight against this season's SPL Player of the Year on Tuesday.

I think Cleveland is good, in a crap kind of way.

Give him a chance. Never mind what 101 says. :laugh:

Are you living in a parallel universe?

Taylor has only been with us this season and the SPL Player of the Year hasn't been decided yet.

We'll be without Duberry and Anderson for this match (and the Hibs one) and did I read on here that Gartland is going for an operation? Could see a debut for Mark Durnan alongside Mackay, with Maybury at right back as he tries to win a new contract and Grainger on the left?

Not been that impressed by him and don't think he'll be the answer to our goalscoring problems but surely Jordan Robertson has to be involved heavily in these five games as well, in essence an extended trial period? Just about given up on Samuel (although he has scored a couple of times against ICT this season - easy to remember as it's his only SPL goals) but not quite on MacDonald. I'd be happy enough if May, Reynolds, MacDonald and Robertson are the four strikers used over the next month.

Would have said Taylor maybe deserves a final chance but in truth can't see him really wanting to stick around up here for another year if he's only going to be involved as much/little as he has been this season. Don't expect Morris to pull on a Saints shirt again this season either and there seems little point in Novikovas playing again.

Players need to restore some pride over these next five games though and also arrest a run that all of a sudden has become ten games without a win or indeed a Saints player scoring!

Hate to sound negative about a positive gesture by the club but isn't this the wrong game to do it for from a business sense?

With it being on TV we'd surely expect a low crowd and I don't see many folk changing their plans with half price tickets.

Wouldn't the Hamilton game have been a better one to do it for?

Having not done any form of economics I appreciate I could be completely wrong here.