#42 - 25/04/11 - Saints 0-3 Inverness CT - SPL

Oh, and Jordan Robertson is not the answer. Not even worth another game if you ask me.

Fully agree with this. There were two strikers on the pitch in the second half last night playing for their futures. One showed exactly what you'd want to see as a bare minimum and the other showed as little drive and effort as he has done in every other appearance for Saints. Amazed there are still fans who think this guy could solve all our problems.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

comical_ali.jpg

We came out of the game with nothing because we can't score goals. If that was the first, or even the second, or maybe even the third time it's happened, excuses can be offered up but how many bloody times now have we seen that movie?

Hard luck stories don't win you points, keep you safe from relegation in the long-term or satisfy the supporters when it's happening every week.

Radford, you have started to sound just like me in the last few days.

I hope my negativity and criticism isn't rubbing off on you. Do be careful, it can be catching. :laugh:

Just what I said about our midfield, in isolation. Collectively sh&*e, individually ok.

I'll get shot for this but I hate Jody and Chris. :shock::laugh:

Not as people or individual players, but for how they perform as part of a (useless) collective.

Fully agree with this. There were two strikers on the pitch in the second half last night playing for their futures. One showed exactly what you'd want to see as a bare minimum and the other showed as little drive and effort as he has done in every other appearance for Saints. Amazed there are still fans who think this guy could solve all our problems.

i dont think people think he can solve all our problems but he has looked better than in his little games than the likes of samuel and peaso this season

I didn't think he could solve our problems but showed previously he had something to offer coming off the bench. Was poor last night and I doubt he'll get offered anything but I'd also say he wasn't helped by a lack of support from midfield until late on. He was good at holding the ball up but too often he had to come deep to get the ball and didn't have the pace to take the ball forward on his own.

i think we have the slowest wingers in world football, and it took del 86 minutes to realise that last night so who does he put on to solve that problem a striker at right mid. get a fecking grip mcinnes, as for his after match interview what aload of crap he thinks the fans will stick with them if they atleast show determination? i fro one wont. and i wont be going back untill i see a massive improvement in personel and effort

I'll get shot for this but I hate Jody and Chris. :shock::laugh:

Not as people or individual players, but for how they perform as part of a (useless) collective.

Why? One thing the semi highlighted to me was the lack of movement forward and wide of Jody. If he doesn't have these options he has no alternative but to turn and look elsewhere. The problem isn't always the man on the ball.

He was good at holding the ball up but too often he had to come deep to get the ball and didn't have the pace to take the ball forward on his own.

I don't think he is actually good at holding the ball up, though the way he throws his body about may make him look like he's trying to protect the ball. If a high ball comes in he doesn't ever jump for it he just sticks his backside into the striker and hopes he can take it in but more often than not its a foul.

His first touch is actually poor and he's very flat footed which means he can't react to a bad pass to him (i.e. one not into his feet). I really can't see what an imobile striker who is poor in the air can possibly offer to Saints.

. get a fecking grip mcinnes, as for his after match interview what aload of crap he thinks the fans will stick with them if they atleast show determination? i fro one wont. and i wont be going back untill i see a massive improvement in personel and effort

And just how will you be able to see a massive improvement in personnel and effort if you make yourself a stranger to McDiarmid Park and such other salubrious fitba grounds?:wink:

You young ains have been spoilt.

We've just recently spent 7 seasons in Division One.

I miss the regular 3pm Saturday kick-offs, the cheaper gates and kiosks, the better banter with the opposition fans, the days out at places like Dumfries and Dingwall etc...

But due to the success that Messrs McInnes and Docherty have brought to us we find ourselves in that footballing heaven commonly known as the SPL. Granted, they can't live off that success for ever and the product on the park this season hasn't been great. The problem staring everyone in the face is the lack of goals scored.

Del and Doc aren't going to be able to change things over night ferfuxake! It's been nine days since our Hampden debacle. Did people really expect last night to be that much different in terms of scoring goals? Did we sign a prolific goal scorer in the last week? The players, like Jacko, Peaso, Samuel, etc have all had plenty of game time in recent seasons to show Del what they can do. Savo was given his chance too and was unwilling (unable) to step up to the plate when it mattered.

I guarantee you if we were 4th top scorers in this league right now but with a very hefty goals against record like last season and still sitting in 9th place there wouldn't be nearly as much negativity fae some Saint fans.:roll:

Edited by 1884

Good to see Jacko, Muzz and Millar actually acknowledge the crowd last night. The rest of them seemed to disappear awfully quickly, which is probably for the best.

Grainger can GTF, its beyond a joke how bad he is at set-pieces, yet he still takes every one of them. Surely we have ONE player that can beat the first man with a corner?

Didn't think we were too bad last night,in that we were always taking the game to ICT and were unlucky quite a few times.Three very cheap goals to lose,which was my only real disappointment in our performance.Think it's quite telling that Butcher said on radio last night that we were unlucky,and he didn't expect their clean sheet,with the amount of chances we had.Jacko really impressed with his application and technique considering his lack of matches,Muzz was great too,with a few others acceptable.One aspect they were much better,was their midfield got up to support very quickly,often got 6 flooding forward at pace,we lacked slightly in that department,some of that's down to lack of confidence imo.

Edited by dave mc

As stated i didnt think we were to bad last night, but what i am worried about is the gulf that is showing between us and other teams like Caley and Motherwell, these teams play football, have movement understanding, and score, etc. We at present dont do either and haven't played like these teams for a while. For us to survive in this league we need to be like these teams (as there will be a small club of 1 or 2 at bottom next year) but don't see where it will come from, we are at least 1 season behind and probably much more, no young ones coming through, too many journeymen, and although it has got us where we are we need to build for the future and think we are missing the boat. Dont think it is over reacting, just extremely concerned!

I still say the lack of goals is having a major effect on the teams confidence and overall play.

We could easily have been 2 or 3 up by half time and we'd all have been sitting here today happy as larry. I don't think people realise what a boost a couple of early goals would have given the players. Instead, ICT score with virtually their first two shots at goal and were looking at a similar scenario to the semi final.

Having said that, Craig and Grainger wouldn't play for me again this season. Craig needs dropped and told to prove he's worth getting back in the team. Grainger can bugger off to who ever is stupid enough to want him.

I still say the lack of goals is having a major effect on the teams confidence and overall play.

We could easily have been 2 or 3 up by half time and we'd all have been sitting here today happy as larry. I don't think people realise what a boost a couple of early goals would have given the players. Instead, ICT score with virtually their first two shots at goal and were looking at a similar scenario to the semi final.

Having said that, Craig and Grainger wouldn't play for me again this season. Craig needs dropped and told to prove he's worth getting back in the team. Grainger can bugger off to who ever is stupid enough to want him.

agreed about grainger the guy never even looked interested. the sooner he ****s off to carlisle the better

I think we were all hoping that Saints would rebound just like Bolton did after their cup disaster.....

Myself included, Coltrane. But it wasn't to be.

I fully admit I wish this season was over already. Four games to go...that finishing line still seems a long way off.:neutral:

Regarding Grainger, and it boils my pee pee by the way, he totally shit himself and avoided a fifty fifty on the half way line in the second half last night and for that reason alone I'm happy to pay his train fare (first class) to Carlise or indeed anywhere else (within reason) as long as he never defames our colours again.

Derek Mcinnes (if you read this) you saw that last night and that is not acceptable!

Regarding Grainger, and it boils my pee pee by the way, he totally shit himself and avoided a fifty fifty on the half way line in the second half last night and for that reason alone I'm happy to pay his train fare (first class) to Carlise or indeed anywhere else (within reason) as long as he never defames our colours again.

Derek Mcinnes (if you read this) you saw that last night and that is not acceptable!

Totally agree.... I am more than happy to contribute to the cost of his rail ticket!!

Didn't think they played too badly last night, but we cant even buy a goal. Davidson and Jackson were best players on the park, and considering his lack of game time Jackson was very good. I still think if he can stay injury free and get a good partnership with someone he could do well for us.

Defence seemed unwilling to tackle last night which cost us. Gartland is a complete and utter waste of space and I've said that for a couple years now. Im still amazed he got a 2 year deal. I work pretty much every saturday and when checking the BBC mobile site, most weeks without fail, Gartland will have got himself booked (as hes 2 yards short of spl pace) and then we will have lost a goal from a free kick or as a result of that free kick.

I still wonder what would have been had we a fully fit and playing Haber as he looked a class act. Parkin's loss is a blow as well. Samuel, like Scotland in his last season just looked as though he could not be any less interested for most the time. After that we are reduced to a couple players brought in from youth team and those on the road back from recovery. Players who are thru no fault of their own lacking sharpness and cant be expected in the two or three games they get build a partnership with whoever is along side them.

Hopefully we can get someone who has shown they can score goals and that their talent isnt surgically removed from them like so many players who have pulled on a saints top over the years