#42 - 25/04/11 - Saints 0-3 Inverness CT - SPL

Why won't you discuss your point over mine? Why resort to a childish response like that?

Okay

If players get a run of interupted games injury free,confidence they can play every week it means you can head into the break on a positive looking forward to getting started again.

Compare that to sitting on the bench not getting picked,always injured it becomes depressing and does nothing for your confidence.

Yes some players are still under contract if it was up to me these are the players i would move on. you see it different thta is football

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a rumour ( one of these 3rd hand ones, where someone heard it from someone that knows someone etc etc ) that Jackson has signed a contract with Morton for next year and Mcinnes isnae chuffed with him at not taking advantage of the 6 months he gave him to prove himself here and thats why he aint getting a chance.

No idea how true that is though.

That would not surprise me, There is obviously some reason that he is not getting an opportunity.

Gartland still has a year left on his contract so I am 100% certain he will be here next season, especially if Duberry leaves. Maybury is a great option for the bench and in his last few appearances has shown how good he is.

Don;t know if it has been said earlier but according to Gartland he is unlikely to play again this season as he need a hernia op.

Would folk be happy if McInnes experimented but as a result we finished eleventh, going into next season as at best joint favourites for relegation, with the fact we haven't won in however long in the back of the minds and with a budget that is more than £200,000 (maybe significantly more) down on what it could be?

IMO finishing seventh and getting the money that goes with it is more important than tinkering with the side. We've played forty games already this season so he pretty much knows what everyone apart from Robertson can do.

Also have to say I don't see the rush to decide if May, Reynolds, Caddis etc... are good enough. They are still very young. Look at where guys like Murphy, Goodwillie and Maguire were at the same age. Probably at the same level as Stevie May. We can't just cast guys off at 18-years-old if they aren't in the first team.

The way I see it we won't be getting near 7th, right now 10th might be doubtful depending on what the Dons and St Mirren do. I don't see much changing if we keep the same so I don't think it's going to hurt if we change the starting 11 a little bit.

Playing the 3 young lads mentioned isn't to see if they are good enough or not, it's to give the team something different, freshen us up a bit. When May started his 1st game we played better as a whole and we looked like scoring again. I don't see why we shouldn't give Reynolds a chance, none of the current strikers starting for us are doing us any good. The worst he could do would be that he didnt make any difference upfront if given the chance.

I think McInnes just needs to let the team go out and play and not concentrate on not conceding for a change. Get the team going forward as a unit and try and inject some pace in us.

That's of course true but I'd at least rather try and finish seventh and put a few extra quid in the kitty to try and improve the squad. Taking this £200,000 as a figure, that could be four extra players.

A good month and the pain of yesterday will at least be dulled IMO and folk will be looking forward to next season. Last thing we want is to be heading into August with the thoughts of yesterday and what's followed still in the minds.

I might be wrong but is it really as much as £200k difference between 7th and 11th? I would have thought it was quite a bit less.

Also have to say I don't see the rush to decide if May, Reynolds, Caddis etc... are good enough. They are still very young. Look at where guys like Murphy, Goodwillie and Maguire were at the same age. Probably at the same level as Stevie May. We can't just cast guys off at 18-years-old if they aren't in the first team.

Idon't think anyone has suggested playing them to evaluate their worth to the club - more a case of giving them experience.

Okay

If players get a run of interupted games injury free,confidence they can play every week it means you can head into the break on a positive looking forward to getting started again.

Compare that to sitting on the bench not getting picked,always injured it becomes depressing and does nothing for your confidence.

Yes some players are still under contract if it was up to me these are the players i would move on. you see it different thta is football

That's better.

Adams and Moon have obviously spent most of the season injured and still aren't match fit along with Robertson who probably needs a couple more games. Yes the only way to get them fit is to play them but you also don't want to sacrifice a higher finish for a guy to get fit, something he can do in pre-season.

I might be wrong but is it really as much as £200k difference between 7th and 11th? I would have thought it was quite a bit less.

Went and tried to look up it there but having a quick scan, the best I can find is the figures from 2007/08...

Celtic - £3.06m

Rangers - £2.7m

Motherwell - £1.71m

Aberdeen - £1.53m

Dundee Utd - £1.44m

Hibs - £1.35m

Falkirk - £1.26m

Hearts - £1.17m

Inverness CT - £1.08m

St Mirren - £990k

Kilmarnock - £900k

Gretna - £810k

So in that season, the difference between seventh and eleventh was £360,000. I remember last season the chat when we lost to Accies on the last day and dropped from seventh to eighth was that it cost us £80,000.

I don't buy that we can't get into seventh either. The players have plenty to prove after yesterday and McInnes should be lifting them and getting them going out there ready to right some wrongs. Equally I should say, I wouldn't exactly be amazed if we just go out lamely with five of the same performances.

Idon't think anyone has suggested playing them to evaluate their worth to the club - more a case of giving them experience.

There were a few comments in the thread about clearing the squad out but take your point and don't disagree with it, just think it has to be a balance when there is still a lot to play for IMO.

Hopefully we can go out fired up for each game, go three up and then bring them on for the final thirty minutes!

That's better.

Adams and Moon have obviously spent most of the season injured and still aren't match fit along with Robertson who probably needs a couple more games. Yes the only way to get them fit is to play them but you also don't want to sacrifice a higher finish for a guy to get fit, something he can do in pre-season.

Thanks Miss

Went and tried to look up it there but having a quick scan, the best I can find is the figures from 2007/08...

Celtic - £3.06m

Rangers - £2.7m

Motherwell - £1.71m

Aberdeen - £1.53m

Dundee Utd - £1.44m

Hibs - £1.35m

Falkirk - £1.26m

Hearts - £1.17m

Inverness CT - £1.08m

St Mirren - £990k

Kilmarnock - £900k

Gretna - £810k

So in that season, the difference between seventh and eleventh was £360,000. I remember last season the chat when we lost to Accies on the last day and dropped from seventh to eighth was that it cost us £80,000.

I don't buy that we can't get into seventh either. The players have plenty to prove after yesterday and McInnes should be lifting them and getting them going out there ready to right some wrongs. Equally I should say, I wouldn't exactly be amazed if we just go out lamely with five of the same performances.

Wow - I hadn't realised fair play.

In that case we need a bit of a push for money sake but also a good time to asses the squad.

Celtic - £3.06m

Rangers - £2.7m

Motherwell - £1.71m

Aberdeen - £1.53m

Dundee Utd - £1.44m

Hibs - £1.35m

Falkirk - £1.26m

Hearts - £1.17m

Inverness CT - £1.08m

St Mirren - £990k

Kilmarnock - £900k

Gretna - £810k

Not only will it be worth money to the club to finish higher up the league but I think the players will be on a bonus system which will reward them for a higher league placing.

i noticed at the hibs game was free for bairns tae get in, r we doing that sometime soon.

i recon saints should do this for both the remaining home games, get as many kids as possible through the gate, play all-out attacking football and hope some of them will want to return.

i recon saints should do this for both the remaining home games, get as many kids as possible through the gate, play all-out attacking football and hope some of them will want to return.

As long as they're no sitting anywhere near me. Wee shi*tes :laugh::laugh::laugh: