#42 - 25/04/11 - Saints 0-3 Inverness CT - SPL

Perhaps a return of the infamous 3-5-2?

Can't see that at all. If anything it's even less likely with us three centre backs down as even if you move Grainger and Maybury into the heart of the defence, you then have to find wing backs. If Gartland doesn't make it, he's going to either need to use Jamie Adams at centre back or, the option I'd prefer, hand a debut to Mark Durnan. Between Maybury and Mackay would be a good place to hand him his first appearance.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see that at all. If anything it's even less likely with us three centre backs down as even if you move Grainger and Maybury into the heart of the defence, you then have to find wing backs. If Gartland doesn't make it, he's going to either need to use Jamie Adams at centre back or, the option I'd prefer, hand a debut to Mark Durnan. Between Maybury and Mackay would be a good place to hand him his first appearance.

It will be interesting to see if Grainger plays following his comments in the press re wanting a move to English Champ or Div 1

Can't see the 3-5-2 either,but thought he might go with Mackay and Maybury at CB,and two youngsters at full back,getting guidance from inside,although Hayes is a handfull for a youngster,but i'm not too familiar with the capabilities of our youngsters to be honest,maybe Liam back there?Caddis has played full back,and did well enough,but maybe not his preferred position.As posted earlier i'm looking forward to Dels choice,and hope he does freshens things up,and the fans give support and tolerance to any of our less experienced players on show.

I know GB has said that Del is going to start building for next season but with Jody,Doobs & Ando out I can`t see him making too many other changes. I think he will still want to finish as high up the league as poss` & wont want the humiliation of finishing second bottom.

Bottom is still arithmetically possible.

At last! Someone who doesn't say 'mathematically possible'. :laugh:

Always annoyed me to hear that.

I know, who cares?

You're not alone, Andrew! The pedant in me cares too...:oops::laugh:

I'm old enough to have gained an A pass at O'grade arithmetic but it 'counts':wink: for nothing these days, except for working out whether or not Team X can win the league or be relegated!:laugh::laugh:

A sell-out crowd, an atmosphere, something at stake, both teams likely to turn up, a good chance of a few goals, some entertainment, a bit of midfield creativity. I could go on, but you get the picture.

No, I'm not watching St Johnstone today - I'm off to Dunfermline v the Rovers where the pedant in me will draw on my considerable numerical skills to count the incidents and measure the enjoyment factor :laugh:

Then, on Monday, its back to the joys of watching Saints. :cry:

A sell-out crowd, an atmosphere, something at stake, both teams likely to turn up, a good chance of a few goals, some entertainment, a bit of midfield creativity. I could go on, but you get the picture.

No, I'm not watching St Johnstone today - I'm off to Dunfermline v the Rovers where the pedant in me will draw on my considerable numerical skills to count the incidents and measure the enjoyment factor :laugh:

If you hate it that much why go.

Because he is a FAN and that's what we do. We go even when we hate it . What we don't do is pretend everything is rosy in the garden when it aint..

Hope that answers your daft question:wink:

Always got to stick that massive neb of yours in :)

never hated it myself, even when we were going through our darkest days.

Couldn't get a ticket for East End so took in Alloa-Stenny instead,plenty of passion,commitment and a modicum of skill as well as three good goals.Ah well no doubt normal service will be resumed on Monday night.

If you hate it that much why go.

Why go?

Hmmm.

Got all of that.

Dunfermline have got this player, what a guy. Won the game almost single handed. Everything good went through him as he spurred them on, scoring the two goals.

Forget his name. Martin somebody. We're crying our for a player like that. :cry:

As for you mainstand, the Ghost answered your dumb question well enough for me. :laugh:

Why go?

Hmmm.

Got all of that.

Dunfermline have got this player, what a guy. Won the game almost single handed. Everything good went through him as he spurred them on, scoring the two goals.

Forget his name. Martin somebody. We're crying our for a player like that. :cry:

As for you mainstand, the Ghost answered your dumb question well enough for me. :laugh:

Was talking about the saints game on Monday, not the game today.

Always got to stick that massive neb of yours in :)

never hated it myself, even when we were going through our darkest days.

Re-arrange the following you dobber... Kettle black pot:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was playing fitba with your arch nemisis 101 on Friday night and although he made no comment on you at all, I suspect he still thinks you're a fecking drongo and on the off chance I am correct and given his lack of posting rights, I feel it is my duty to post this.:wink::laugh:

Also, the food at East End Park is so much better than the sh*t we get at McDiarmid. So much better that I don't mind paying the price.

Home made lentil soup. Stovies far better than the Muirton Suite - which I have to say have gone downhill vastly this season. And the famous steak bridie.

Nae wonder I'm almost the size Ghostie once was. Almost, mind :P

Also, the food at East End Park is so much better than the sh*t we get at McDiarmid. So much better that I don't mind paying the price.

Home made lentil soup. Stovies far better than the Muirton Suite - which I have to say have gone downhill vastly this season. And the famous steak bridie.

Never mind,you will have a couple of chances to savour them again next season thanks to our Martin.

Re-arrange the following you dobber... Kettle black pot:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was playing fitba with your arch nemisis 101 on Friday night and although he made no comment on you at all, I suspect he still thinks you're a fecking drongo and on the off chance I am correct and given his lack of posting rights, I feel it is my duty to post this.:wink::laugh:

WHO?? I was going to follow him on twitter (on as banned101saint but I decided against it. :)

Sounded a good atmosphere on the radio. Think they could have got a few more thousand at the game had they had room.

Not excited about this game.. here are the excuses... a poor surface, weakened team, in front of an empty stadium, great advert for SPL football?

I would love to know how many home fans will pay the reduced gate price... I'll estimate 5 fans (cos the left their season ticket at home by mistake)

I still have that bitter taste of the semi final, reckon will have it until July!

Cant make this game due to saints feckin about with the kick off time for this .the 2pm ko was ideal as my sons away back to newcastle at 9.15

Was dismayed to find ko been changed to 7.45 ; the club werent interested in changing the previous ko times against the old firm

Missed enough games in my st book this season but in a predicament whether to go or go and leave at h time or not bother

Decisions decisions

Hoping to see a few of the younger players given a chance on Monday. The rebuilding starts now.

I'd personally go-

Smith (prove he is worth a new deal.)

Maybury - Mackay - Gartland - Caddis

Millar - Davidson - Moon

May

Robertson- Jackson

Subs to include Reynolds and Durnan in the hope of giving them game time.