Encourage Fans Back??

St Mikey

I don't think there's any point in them doing that for the remaining home games this season. I'm getting in on a season ticket and can't be arsed going!!!

I think they should, if they can with the pitch, get a couple of really decent preseason games played at McDiarmid Park. A very, very well advertised open day with lots of attractions at it and absolutely slash the prices for the first home game of the season. People will forget Hampden as the summer goes on, particularly if a buzz can be created about the start of next season with prices and signings.

better still...get rid of doobs ,,jody m . p.mcdonald , 10 years injured ,done sod all!! yet hardie gets bums rush and single handly gets the pars up?? not yet!! also samuel!!! and i may return to MCD. if murray davidson is the future of scotland then dear o dear o dear!!! never will forgive del for negative tactics in a major semi...made well look good!!!! say hi to bill....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

better still...get rid of doobs ,,jody m . p.mcdonald , 10 years injured ,done sod all!! yet hardie gets bums rush and single handly gets the pars up?? not yet!! also samuel!!! and i may return to MCD. if murray davidson is the future of scotland then dear o dear o dear!!! never will forgive del for negative tactics in a major semi...made well look good!!!! say hi to bill....

Agree. If any of those you name left it wouldn't bother me. We need a bit of an overhaul. Unfortunately, I expect the McInnes revolution will be built around Jody, Chris and Doobs (if he stays). Players who have conspired to make us dreadfully dull to watch will be the core of the 'new' team. Any bets?

Agree. If any of those you name left it wouldn't bother me. We need a bit of an overhaul. Unfortunately, I expect the McInnes revolution will be built around Jody, Chris and Doobs (if he stays). Players who have conspired to make us dreadfully dull to watch will be the core of the 'new' team. Any bets?

Good honest post, we do have good midfielders but apart from chris millar , dont give 100%

We need quick exciting players and a recognised striker if this is not done then fans will vote with their feet

missing fans? Lost fans? Tv is killing the game. What fan would be interested this season now. Semi final slaughter, then a clinical operation. On tv two games, no goals conceded 6. We are the laughing stock of scottish football! I know of 3 who are not renewing season tickets. Im not sure they will attend all home games if they did not have one. I will continue to pay at the gate, but not even ten quid represents value for money. See you pre season, i am off to play some golf!

Speaking as the parent of a young teenage perth football fan, at the end of last season he decided he wasnt interested in going to see Saints anymore.

Among many (Not all) of the local youth, Saints are not taken seriously as a team, the clubs attitude towards the local youth players, and local clubs is very poor. This rubs off on the local coaches, and therefore gets passed onto the lads they are coaching. Several of my sons pals no longer go to Mcdiarmid. Just like grass roots football in Scotland needs a total overhaul, so does grass roots encouragement in and around Perth need a fresh approach.

Agree with you Cockneysaintee, Saints Board seem not to care and i feel that they think it is beneath them to try and encourage fans back. We will get the usual look at the kids saturday morning football, free tickets there, etc, etc. But it aint working. Have to try something and be more proactive with the local community, clubs, supporters clubs, local papers, getting out and about, etc. Its not all about bringing in more cash (pretty sure our gate money is pretty low on the overall money coming into the club, on which the directors etc should be applauded) its about getting bums on seats and people into the games. The club needs to try massively more on this front

• 2 weeks later...

So Vancouver Whitecaps are new to the MLS this season and have been relatively successful in getting fans to the games. However as the initial hype wears off it is obviously having an effect on attendances. Their latest marketing ploy is to offer a package deal where you get a glamour tie (vs NY or LA), plus 3 regular league games and the friendly vs Man City for $150 (average ticket price for a game is about $40)...i think this is a great idea and think its a great way to get the fans back, especially when they will sell tickets for the friendly and glamour ties no problem and capitilising on getting bums on seats for more average games. Even if people buy the tickets for those higher profile games, the club will still be earning revenue for the smaller teams even if people decide not to go...Do you think this ploy would work with Saints?? I realise that it may be difficult to find a "glamour" game in the SPL these days but do you think a 5 game package for say 80quid would work??

So Vancouver Whitecaps are new to the MLS this season and have been relatively successful in getting fans to the games. However as the initial hype wears off it is obviously having an effect on attendances. Their latest marketing ploy is to offer a package deal where you get a glamour tie (vs NY or LA), plus 3 regular league games and the friendly vs Man City for $150 (average ticket price for a game is about $40)...i think this is a great idea and think its a great way to get the fans back, especially when they will sell tickets for the friendly and glamour ties no problem and capitilising on getting bums on seats for more average games. Even if people buy the tickets for those higher profile games, the club will still be earning revenue for the smaller teams even if people decide not to go...Do you think this ploy would work with Saints?? I realise that it may be difficult to find a "glamour" game in the SPL these days but do you think a 5 game package for say 80quid would work??

wont know if it works until we try .worth a try at your suggested 5 match package perhaps around a cup tie..the problem is as you rightly highlighted what would constitute a glamour spl game these days.fans are now specifically not attending home matches against the old firm anymore. playing each other a minimum 4 times is a shit factor as well.

up to geoffrey and his board of trend setting directors.