We Are Perth Awards - Winners

Voting for the Young Player of the Year and Goal of the Season has now closed and the winners of those two categories are Stevie May (Young Player of the Year) and Danny Grainger (Goal of the Season). It was Grainger's goal against Rangers that won him the award. The goal is below...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qIp67lbFBxc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The third WAP award is for Player of the Season and is based on the standings in the man of the match awards after round 41, which was Saturday's match at Hampden. Every registered forum user has the opportunity to vote for a man of the match after each game Saints play, with players receiving votes on a three, two, one basis as a result. Those votes are tallied at the season passes and the standings after the Motherwell match are at the bottom of this post. As a result of the current standings, Murray Davidson is the We Are Perth Player of the Year.

All three players will be presented with their awards at the ceremony at the Lovat Hotel a week on Sunday.

WAP Man of the Match Standings after 41 rounds - Motherwell (n)

43pts - Murray Davidson

38pts - Steven Anderson

27pts - Chris Millar

17pts - Jody Morris

15pts - Dave Mackay

12pts - Danny Grainger, Collin Samuel

11pts - Alan Maybury, Cleveland Taylor

10pts - Michael Duberry

9pts - Sam Parkin

7pts - Peter Enckelman

6pts - Stevie May, Graeme Smith

5pts - Danny Invincibile

3pts - Marcus Haber, Andy Jackson, Peter MacDonald, Jordan Robertson, Kevin Rutkiewicz

1pt - Jamie Adams, Liam Caddis, Liam Craig

I think the right choices have been made on all the competitions.

I watched Danny's goal at Ibrox and we and the rest went mental.

Muzz han individually had a great season ( succeeding where the rest of our midfield have failed ) but it is rumoured that this season might be his last as Wolves have been scouting him.

For his first season Stevie has had a cracker with his first two goals coming against Hamilton.

Edited by JSaint

Voting for the Young Player of the Year and Goal of the Season has now closed and the winners of those two categories are Stevie May (Young Player of the Year) and Danny Grainger (Goal of the Season). It was Grainger's goal against Rangers that won him the award.

Why are they closed with a number of games left? It won't matter about the Young Player as Stevie's a shoo in for it but, even allowing for our drought, any remaining game could produce a goal of the season.

Why are they closed with a number of games left? It won't matter about the Young Player as Stevie's a shoo in for it but, even allowing for our drought, any remaining game could produce a goal of the season.

Think it might have something to do with the presentation being next Sunday.

Are you going to put up pictures of the TTL awards ghostie.

The awards dinner is a week tonight and as The ghost of Jim Morton has commendably managed to secure trophies for presentation, time is required to get them engraved and into his hands for presentation. The Motherwell match was therefore always going to be the last that could count towards the Player of the Year award and the other awards were tied in to finish at the same time. If we'd scored a wonder goal this month, there was scope to include that but if WAP wants to be part of the awards night and have trophies then there needed to be a deadline of late this week.

Sorry if you feel that's not very good but it was the best we could come up with. I know we're never gonna please everybody but as said, it was the best we could come up with. Apologies again.

The awards dinner is a week tonight and as The ghost of Jim Morton has commendably managed to secure trophies for presentation, time is required to get them engraved and into his hands for presentation. The Motherwell match was therefore always going to be the last that could count towards the Player of the Year award and the other awards were tied in to finish at the same time. If we'd scored a wonder goal this month, there was scope to include that but if WAP wants to be part of the awards night and have trophies then there needed to be a deadline of late this week.

Sorry if you feel that's not very good but it was the best we could come up with. I know we're never gonna please everybody but as said, it was the best we could come up with. Apologies again.

Thanks guys. Under the circumstances, perfectly understandable.

Are you going to put up pictures of the TTL awards ghostie.

I will certainly take some photos but might have to put them up on FB because I have continually failed in the challenge of putting photographs from my computer onto WAP. :oops:

Who's giving the trophy to Danny? Good chance he'll chuck it back at whoever if he's read this forum

He wouldnae chuck it far enough and would most likely fail to beat the first man:wink::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously, I am sure that even if Grainger has read some of the shite on here he won't take it to heart. He's a pro footballer and will be very used to all sorts of abuse...

I see Sunday night is the players player of the year night in Glasgow. Does that mean that some players will be missing??

No. As far as im aware all player will be in attendance at the Lovat tommorrow night, looking forward to a great night.