#43 - 30/04/11 - Hibernian 1-2 Saints - SPL

Radford 72

Any thoughts on a team for Saturday?

Enckelman/Smith

Maybury - Mackay - Gartland/Durnan - Grainger

Millar - Davidson - Moon - Craig

Jackson - MacDonald

Subbies: Smith/Clark, Adams, May, Reynolds, Caddis, McIntosh, Durnan/Other

Have to admit I was pretty disappointed with the squad selected last night and the suggestion that players won't play for the manager again appears to have been said in the heat of the moment. Personally I've seen enough of Invincibile and Robertson and see little point in going with Taylor, who will surely be away in the summer. All three of them are at least Saints players though. Why did we have a Hearts player on the bench last night ahead of one of our own youngsters?

Anyone else going though and will we see a goal?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enks,

Maybury, Mackay, Durnan, Caddis

Millar, Moon, Davidson, Craig

May, Reynolds

Subs: Clark, Garts, Taylor, McIntosh, Jacko, Adams, Invincible

Absolutely nothing to lose playing the kids now

temple, do you not think johny lindsey would be better option at left back?

Grainger shouldn't play again for three reasons. He's rubbish, rubbishity rubbish.

The interesting thing about Grainger is that if he wasn't our set piece taker I reckon he'd be a hundred times more popular amongst the fans. The pretence (set by himself I might add) that he's Roberto Carlos is what has disillusioned most people - his general defending is actually good enough for Saints as finding a left back is not an easy thing to do.

Still - his form lately has been poor and he obviously wants a step 'up' to the lower levels of English football so fair play to him. See ya!

cannae muster the enthusiasm to even try to predict what the team will be, just glad that some folks seem to be agreeing that Grainger is a total waste of space. I know many will ask who is better, but if that is the standard of left backs out there then football really is in the doldrums

The interesting thing about Grainger is that if he wasn't our set piece taker I reckon he'd be a hundred times more popular amongst the fans. The pretence (set by himself I might add) that he's Roberto Carlos is what has disillusioned most people - his general defending is actually good enough for Saints as finding a left back is not an easy thing to do.

Still - his form lately has been poor and he obviously wants a step 'up' to the lower levels of English football so fair play to him. See ya!

Agreed. Although Danny has had a generally wretched season form-wise (goal at Ibrox notwithstanding), he's not the only one to have lost it among those who did well for us last season. He does however, seem to be the one who's taking the flak from the fans - undoubtedly not helped by his comments to journos. It's never a good idea to drop hints when you're not at the top of your game yourself. At the very least, you have to wonder what that says to some of his team mates.

I would rather we only started players who are going to be here next season, or are playing with half a chance of a new contract. Couldnt care other than that. My enthusiasm is somewhat dwindling.....

I think our left back of last night should be placed or garden leave......

I would bury him after last night, backed out of a tackle last night. I can forgive lots of thing but not that.

He did something unforgiveable last night that prompted my early exit. He "opted out" of a challenge to protect himself and for that reason more than any other he should never don a Saints top again.