#43 - 30/04/11 - Hibernian 1-2 Saints - SPL

Radford 72

As has been touched on I thought we were very poor in the 1st half and feared the worse when they took the lead. We never seemed to settle into the game and Hibs looked threating every they went forward. What was everyone's view on the Hibs goal? Enckleman looked rather slow in coming off his line to me.

Thankfully we improved in the 2nd half and sarted to control the game, although we were lucky to see Vaz Te's effort bounce out off the post. The first goal came courtesy of a fantastic corner from Danny Grainger with Liam getting his head on it to sent it in for the equaliser. This leads me on to the treatment by some of our supporters both on here and at games of Danny Grainger which has been nothing short of disgraceful. Sure he has not had a great season (like many of our players) but for some to be questioning his professionalism is an outrage.

The goal gave us a major surge of confidence, which was visibly noticeable in our play with the full backs overlapping, players taking men on and the midfielders getting beyond the strikers. Thankfully the winner came and the celebration were a joy to behold.

Jamie Adams slotted in well and will be an important player for us if as expected Muzza leaves us in the summer. Mooner will be wishing the season is not coming to end, he is really beginning to hit form and i hope he avoids injury as he would be key player for us next season. Fair play to Andy Jackson as well, he never stopped running and gave the Hibs defenders a hard time with his movement.

It was great to see what the goals and result meant to the players. Looking forward to seeing the highlights tomorrow to see the celebrations on the pitch and in the stands again.

apr11hibs3.jpg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but for some to be questioning his professionalism is an outrage.

apr11hibs3.jpg

why is it an outrage?? If they had a face to face conversation with him and he was openly stating that he reckoned we would be relegated, they have every right to question his professionalism.

For anybody who wasn't there to be so dismissive about it is the outrage

Perfect day!!A cuddle fae 1884 and Hazel at the winner, thanks girls!! I felt your love............for Saints!!:):) xx

:laugh:We felt the love fae all of the other 165 Saints fans that made the journey to Easter Road today too. What a relief when that first goal went in...even better when the second one hit the back of the net! Brilliant!!:D

why is it an outrage?? If they had a face to face conversation with him and he was openly stating that he reckoned we would be relegated, they have every right to question his professionalism.

For anybody who wasn't there to be so dismissive about it is the outrage

It is an outrage because people are questioning Danny Graingers professionalism a player whom has done nothing but try to do his best for St Johnstone F.C.

Were you present when Grainger was "openly stating that he reckoned we would be relegated"? I suspect you were not, so therefore how can you know he definately said that. Your not a child Edstar, you should know that you shouldnt believe everything you hear.

I repeat that it is an outrage and embarrassment that so called supporters of our club are calling into question a players professionalism without any substance or real evidence.

And Hudders:laugh::laugh:

We were out and only returned at half time to be greeted by those who stayed at home saying Saints were losing 1-0

In a house full of Terriers I kept saying 'Keep the Faith' and then we scored twice as Brighton looked like taking something against Town.

I was ecstatic that we scored twice, and got the second at full time, but with the other Saints winning comfortably the pressure is on Town to keep their unbeaten record going and still have a slim chance of going up automatically.

It is an outrage because people are questioning Danny Graingers professionalism a player whom has done nothing but try to do his best for St Johnstone F.C.

Were you present when Grainger was "openly stating that he reckoned we would be relegated"? I suspect you were not, so therefore how can you know he definately said that. Your not a child Edstar, you should know that you shouldnt believe everything you hear.

I repeat that it is an outrage and embarrassment that so called supporters of our club are calling into question a players professionalism without any substance or real evidence.

You are correct, I wasn't there, and that is why, at no point, were my comments ever about his professionalism...they were about his ability....now, I have been there on many an occasion to witness that.

You may notice my use of the term 'they' during my post - in reference to those who posted and were present

I don't think the victory should gloss over the fact it was yet another terrible team selection from McInnes. 4-5-1 / 4-3-3, left us short up front, completely exposed down the left hand side and the midfield had very little balance to it. At times I thought some of the players (moon & peaso in particular) looked confused as to where the manager actually wanted them to play.

His constant pissing about with the formation has resulted in a very frustrating season which never really got off the ground at any stage. The reason (before today) that we were the lowest scorers in British league football this season was because he has changed the strikers every week with players sometimes appearing from nowhere (Jackson) then suddenly becoming his first pick. Had he chosen a front two early on in the season and given a partnership the time to create an understanding and blossom this season could have been so different.

Great result today though, and it was good to see how much it meant to all the players.

His constant pissing about with the formation has resulted in a very frustrating season which never really got off the ground at any stage. The reason (before today) that we were the lowest scorers in British league football this season was because he has changed the strikers every week with players sometimes appearing from nowhere (Jackson) then suddenly becoming his first pick. Had he chosen a front two early on in the season and given a partnership the time to create an understanding and blossom this season could have been so different.

Good on Del for trying something different today and trying adams out at the back, no doubt he was forced into it with garts injury and the suspensions, he was without Ando, Dubes, Jody, Garts, parkin etc

All very well for you to think that he should keep a constant pairing but he had to put up with various injuries and players being out of form.

:laugh:We felt the love fae all of the other 165 Saints fans that made the journey to Easter Road today too. What a relief when that first goal went in...even better when the second one hit the back of the net! Brilliant!!:D

You've mis-counted, there were 213 Saintees !

You've mis-counted, there were 213 Saintees !

I can't take credit for the mis-counting I'm afraid! Sportsound reported 167 blessed Saints fans at the game! How ever many there was of us - we were all relieved at full-time!!

What joy - 2 goals and 3 points.

Sorted.:cool:

It cant be radford praising Robertson!!! haha only joking it indeed was a brilliant pass

Haha, yeah! Always prepared to give players credit if they deserve it and it was a brilliant ball, the sort we've been crying out for. He was only on the pitch a few minutes though, so not gonna say it changes everything but he's maybe worked himself another chance next week. Unfortunately it might be in place of Peaso.

I don't think the victory should gloss over the fact it was yet another terrible team selection from McInnes. 4-5-1 / 4-3-3, left us short up front...

... and it was good to see how much it meant to all the players.

I tried to be more diplomatic in my post last night and wanted to enjoy the win but in truth, I share a lot of those concerns you raised. It worries me that he still thinks 4-3-3 is an option for us at this level. Can't think of a single time it's worked? What a difference when we went to 4-4-2. I guess there is always the risk we become predictable playing that every week but when we've been struggling for goals, surely the focus should be on keeping things as basic as possible.

Haha, yeah! Always prepared to give players credit if they deserve it and it was a brilliant ball, the sort we've been crying out for. He was only on the pitch a few minutes though, so not gonna say it changes everything but he's maybe worked himself another chance next week. Unfortunately it might be in place of Peaso.

Personally I think Peaso just signed his goodbye card yesterday. I would use Robertson, May, reynolds and Jackson for the last few games. I think the fact that samuels has been missing for the last few games is a sign that he will be away at the end of the season.

as for the 4-3-3 v 4-4-2 debate I agree with Gordon Stachan that it is irrelevant it is what the players do with the ball that matters not the shape they are playing.

It's not professional to say you want to leave a club during the build up to their biggest game in years, especially when there is no reason for it at all.

It's not professional to say you want to leave a club during the build up to their biggest game in years, especially when there is no reason for it at all.

Possibly misquoted though,he's just tweeted he's not going to Carlisle and it's all rumours and no truth!

I hope he's no stupid enough to sue the papers and its never worth believing what you read. In my last job I was interviewed a lot for the papers and it was part of my job to make up quotes for others. It was quite amusing what we had them say and I know what the papers claimed I said was rarely what I meant, just the most newsworthy spin they could get.

Personally I think Peaso just signed his goodbye card yesterday. I would use Robertson, May, reynolds and Jackson for the last few games. I think the fact that samuels has been missing for the last few games is a sign that he will be away at the end of the season.

as for the 4-3-3 v 4-4-2 debate I agree with Gordon Stachan that it is irrelevant it is what the players do with the ball that matters not the shape they are playing.

who is samuelS??????