Del to Brentford?

Derek Patterson

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid only Saints fans seem to rate him highly, no-one else! He's done ok, and is still learning, but has he done any better than Billy Reid, or Gus McPherson? Championship clubs have 10 of millions to budget, and rarely pick rookies unless its from within, Owen Coyle was the exception which proves the rule!

So why was your Eddie Thompson sniffing around Del when Levein left Utd then? Houston was not first choice or didn't you know that?

The bad news is that Del IS talking to Brentford . I figured this story was total bollocks but it would seem it is not. I can only hope that either they decide against him (unlikely given they made an approach), they lack the cash to pay compensation ( unlikely to be a problem) or my biggest hope, Del says thanks but no thanks.

If he goes to Brentford I will be gutted...

Agree someone that gets sheffield wednesday going is always going to be at an enourmous club Sturrock just about did it He is still a hero there for getting them out of the 3rd div last time they were there.

brentford crowds 4000-5000

Sheff wednessday 20000 when poor largest travelling support to a play off final i think around 40,000.

Who wouls you go to.?

You might find they will double his salary! That's the choice, I'm sure, higher profile, Hampden, the OF (and Tannadice :wink:), or a financial deal which will go a long way to secure his future!

Can't blame anyone for the latter!

The bad news is that Del IS talking to Brentford . I figured this story was total bollocks but it would seem it is not. I can only hope that either they decide against him (unlikely given they made an approach), they lack the cash to pay compensation ( unlikely to be a problem) or my biggest hope, Del says thanks but no thanks.

If he goes to Brentford I will be gutted...

Not half as much as DEL will be if he takes it and they seem to think they are a big team:laugh: My neice and her man did not know they existed and they stay in Hounslaw.

Not half as much as DEL will be if he takes it and they seem to think they are a big team:laugh: My neice and her man did not know they existed and they stay in Hounslaw.

I must confess to being an infrequent visitor to Griffin Park, when I lived in London in the 80's. Fine wee club, their fans are a bit mental though!

I must confess to being an infrequent visitor to Griffin Park, when I lived in London in the 80's. Fine wee club, their fans are a bit mental though!

You are the one then:laugh:

Only seen it from the air i am afraid but my late uncle and his mates were posted near there during the post war years i think there was barracks near there and they played a few games for them however i must admit in all my times staying and visiting London Brentford was not on my agenda i have been hounslaw a few times though.

I supose as the wee team from Dundee you will understand:wink:

You are the one then:laugh:

Only seen it from the air i am afraid but my late uncle and his mates were posted near there during the post war years i think there was barracks near there and they played a few games for them however i must admit in all my times staying and visiting London Brentford was not on my agenda i have been hounslaw a few times though.

I supose as the wee team from Dundee you will understand:wink:

I lived in Ealing, so the choice was QPR (just could not shout for Rangers) or the nearest - Brentford. Went to loads of games but in those days top division games were quite an experience! Herded like cattle in and out of tubes, grounds, by hundreds of riot police and frisked at regular intervals. Going to the Bees was a much more pleasant experience!

surely this isnt for real. I'd be amazed if Brentford could afford his compensation. Also Del can get a much better club than this. Totally shocked if this goes through and will also be disappointed in Del - a manager I have so much respect for with his assessment after the semi final he struck me as someone intent on doing better than he'd ever done before at saints. Don't let this be, I have no faith in our ability to bring in a manager that will bring us the success we've under Del. Mark my words, If Del goes our next manager will have us struggling against relegation

I lived in Ealing, so the choice was QPR (just could not shout for Rangers) or the nearest - Brentford. Went to loads of games but in those days top division games were quite an experience! Herded like cattle in and out of tubes, grounds, by hundreds of riot police and frisked at regular intervals. Going to the Bees was a much more pleasant experience!

Aye i usually went to Upton park and that was an experience for some reason i always thought Upton park was about the same size as gayfield Arbroath but had 30,000 in it a tight squeeze.

According to a my sons mate who is a taxi driver and was at glasgow airport this morning he spoke to a Paisley taxi driver whos other driver picked Gordon Strachan and was heard to ask directions to Muirton Park you heard it here first. :eek:

Aye i usually went to Upton park and that was an experience for some reason i always thought Upton park was about the same size as gayfield Arbroath but had 30,000 in it a tight squeeze.

According to a my sons mate who is a taxi driver and was at glasgow airport this morning he spoke to a Paisley taxi driver whos other driver picked Gordon Strachan and was heard to ask directions to Muirton Park you heard it here first. :eek:

Upton park is where i wanted to go, but only made it a couple of times, just too far! WGS now that would be an interesting appointment!

You couldn't make you people up. Brentford are probably paying 5 times as much as us in wages, have a bigger stadium, larger support and are in a better league system. It's a step up and Del will be all over it. He's taken us as far as he can, and it's hilarious to see people who were calling for his head after the semi saying they "can't afford him" or "I can only hope that ... they decide against him".

Hilarious.

Upton park is where i wanted to go, but only made it a couple of times, just too far! WGS now that would be an interesting appointment!

Aye giving somthing back to the community seemingly all the good saturday nights at the strand we big Alex Caldwell and the night outs in errol seem to have stuck with him he thinks it was the making of him.:oops: