Cancer Research UK Race for Life - Back in Perth at last!!

Kevin

Thanks gys for everything, got a call tonight to say that thanks to the amount of money these wonderful ladies raised, we have An annual Race for Lfe in Perth!

My head swell TS? I do it all for a fantastic charity and will continue for as many years as I can.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again Kevin for a fab day!

Well done to all those who took part - saw a few tired ladies where I was marshalling at the 4k mark but were all still smiling and having fun!

Great to a good few marshalls volunteer on the day - hope to see you all with the yellow tabards on again next time!

Great to see Race for Life back in Perth and good to hear that it is on again next year!

See you there!

Cath

Good luck to all the girls/women taking part.

My wife and her mother are going to be there and have raised around £400 between them. My wife lost her aunt last year to cancer, and has been a rock to get me through this last year after I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I will be there to cheer them and everyone else on and hope the day is a great success.

Should have come up and introduced yourself :D If I had their names they would have got a shout out

Hi all

I wasn't sure if my mother in law would be able to watch te boys while i helped out, but she did so i was ok to offer my services for the day.

It was fine and didn't take long on the day saw a few ladies i knew as they went past so if it happens again i'd be more than happy to be a marshal for the day.

As for my wife jackie did a great job i saw her halfway after my bit was done and she looked a bit knackered but she looked great. fantastic job hon proud of you.

i wonder how long it will take her to read my wee bit there ha ha

Thanks for doing that ramm, shame I did not know who you or your wife were but justso grateful that Saintees came to the fore and dug us out.

Really proud of all of you who helped out and even more so to you ladies who participated big shout out at the first home game :D

• 3 weeks later...
:) Hi Kevin and the Gang. Just wanted to let you know that Donna received fantastic news yesterday......... She got told she is Cancer Free!!! Some powerful emotions still linger day and in a numb like state like the day she was diagnosed! (Still requires the preventative surgery though 2 ops) But :wink:as she said her word back then was "Cancervive"........ she has. I think she may well do the Race again next year, but maybe with some more sprint!!

Hi all

Thanks Kevin and Tranmere

She just totalled up her sponsor money prior to sending off

Total raised was £551.65p,she,s chuffed.

Also got word her next op is 1st august will be in ninewells for a week,

mastectomy and reconstruction,all preventative surgery so won,t be in

theatre as long as 1st time.

Hope to see you both at barossa st. for a pint soon.

• 6 months later...
Think we will be back just in time for this again and will be more than happy to volunteer my services again.

I assume you are involved again Kevin and if so will confirm nearer the time.

Waiting to hear, seems Real Radio want to control it all.........

• 4 months later...
Looks like it was a good day again and the rain was not so heavy this time.

It was an excellent day, wee drop of rain at the start and end but overall good. Donna made a real star of herself too and was all loved uot by the crowd, she stayed to the end too and shook the hand of all the women as they finished. Hardest part for me was following her onto the stage after she had made her speech, everyone had tears in their eyes and I had a huge lump in my throat......