Duberry,Duberry

Dylan-Saints

I agree completely. I'm merely relaying what he claimed. I would see no reason for him to leave if he stays in Scotland. BOy claims Flood has signed and it will be announced in the next two days (again I'm more than sceptical about this as he apparently broke of talks with Aberdeen as had offers of two or three times what they could afford.) If this turns out to be true then the boy may know somebody in high places but personally I think he's talking pi$h on both counts.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly certain the only way Dubbery would be returning to Scotland is if he comes back here (or if the Old Firm fancy an experienced head at the back! :laugh:)

He is a solid centre back and I'm sure his time at Saints will convince a English team closer to home that he could do a job for them.

I can't see him not coming back to Saints or going to England. But I also couldn't see Willo Flood taking a huge pay cut to come back to United either. Just to clarrify that this boy only eluded to the defender being Doobs, he didn't directly say his name like he did with Flood.

There is no doubt Dooobs stock amongst Saintees has doubled and why he has become a cult figure.In a time of dwindling crowds to see such passion for the club by the manager and players is to be applauded.

"If my decision is to come back to the SPL it would be for ONE team and ONE team only! St Johnstone FC!"

"First and foremost, I am happy and I have enjoyed the job since the first minute right until now.

"It is difficult at times and it has its ups and downs but no job is easy. However, I am content and happy here".

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAB

Some boy on the United messageboard eluding to Doobs signing at Tannadice subject to resolving family issues. Personally this boy seems a bit of a tit to me and I can't see this in the slightest as Doobs seems very happy at Saints. However, if Willo Flood signs for United in the next two days (his other claim from his best friend of a director) he might actually know something.

Looks like he was right on this one!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13486899.stm

Quote:

Some boy on the United messageboard eluding to Doobs signing at Tannadice subject to resolving family issues. Personally this boy seems a bit of a tit to me and I can't see this in the slightest as Doobs seems very happy at Saints. However, if Willo Flood signs for United in the next two days (his other claim from his best friend of a director) he might actually know something.

I think half the world knew that United were re-signing Flood !!

Quote:

Right on Flood? Yeah but we have all read what Dubes has said and I am as sure as I canpossibly be that he would not lie to the Saints support.

firstly i must say my kids Eve and Shay [even Moya and she hates football]are totally gutted about their big pal leaving.For only playing for our club for 18 months ,what an impact /impression you have made.bordering on Roddy Grant like cult hero status

having been in your company i know old skool you are.And after the send off you reseaved at the fake saints and dually gave back was something else

so doobs next thing you organise is a freindly with your new team.Good luck No' 6

Thanks for everything you brought to us & gave to the team. Nice to see a 100% focused player on the pitch.

Will miss you lots & I bet several SPL players are breathing a sigh of relief that you are not returning.

Hope that someone takes on your role, we need a bit of vocal organising at the back.

Best wishes big man in whatever you do & remember to ask for a ticket when we make a cup final - you will be very welcome back as as Saintee supporter.:laugh:

Gutted:sad: but was expected.. Doobs brought something to the team both on the field and off it. A player who came to Saints not really knowing what would happen, quickly embraced our team and was justifiably embraced by the fans. His attitude was first class and what struck me more than anything else was his down to earth demeanour. There was no billy big time with Doobs. He took our team to his heart like few others have in recent times and he always gave his all.

Memories?? well I have a few but probably the funniest thing I heard was when Peaso was being interviewed for the BBC and as Doobs walked past he muttered in his trademark high pitched voice..." Shut it Fatty" !!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

He wasn't the best player who has ever graced our team but all of the above stuff means, that although he has now gone, he will NEVER be forgotten.

Thanks Doobs, for being the kind of player who appreciated the fans and felt the same pain as we did when things went tits up. Thanks for making us feel like you were right there with us and thanks for being one of us..:D

Thanks for everything you brought to us & gave to the team. Nice to see a 100% focused player on the pitch.

Will miss you lots & I bet several SPL players are breathing a sigh of relief that you are not returning.

Hope that someone takes on your role, we need a bit of vocal organising at the back.

Best wishes big man in whatever you do & remember to ask for a ticket when we make a cup final - you will be very welcome back as as Saintee supporter.:laugh:

Sums it up perfectly :D