Duberry,Duberry

Dylan-Saints

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign jimmy h.

Indeed! Along with Zola looks as if he could easily still play up here.

For those scared about the recurring Tore Andre Flo and Saints rumours, he still looks about 23 and doesn't have an ounce of fat on him! If we don't get Higdon or McAllister, beware.

Dubes has signed 2yr deal with oxford united

Good on him. Like to think he will always have a place in his heart for perth St Johnstone who resurrected his career & probably extendede his career by 4 years. Hope he does well at Oxford & will be looking out for them next season.

With Taylor to Burton and Doobs to Oxford does it show the standard of the SPL to be League 2?

Not at all.

Taylor wasn't good enough for the SPL and Doobs chose a club for geographical reasons. Giving a 2 year contract to a 35 year old coming back from the wilderness that is Scotland perhaps suggests there was competition for him from down south.

The SPL isn't the best but it's not as bad as made out. I see a few lower league English games each season and some of it's painful. Bigger crowds, great tv coverage, an ott media in general and the Scottish trait of believing anything English is automatically better combine to paper over a load of cracks.

Spazz, someone who watches both AFC Wimbledon and Saints, what is your opinion ??

The massive difference is: Athleticism.

Feel awful saying it, but i think AFC Wimbledon would run rings round saints - bear in mind I saw two horrific saints matches this season (both against Well).

Would love to see SJ v AFC.. would be very interesting.

Didn't think doobs was celtic minded

He's clearly too handsome to be part of the Celtic family.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIJoTEliQcU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIJoTEliQcU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

The SPL isn't the best but it's not as bad as made out. I see a few lower league English games each season and some of it's painful. Bigger crowds, great tv coverage, an ott media in general and the Scottish trait of believing anything English is automatically better combine to paper over a load of cracks.

Totally agree. I go to quite a lot of games in England these days and, from what I've seen, the SPL is a considerably higher standard than League 2. That's not to say, of course, that there aren't players at that level who could do very well in the SPL, as I've seen plenty who I've thought could do a great job for Saints. But it's interesting when you watch these games to see that, despite the players being on far higher wages than Saints can generally afford, they make exactly the same mis-placed passes, poor tackles, rubbish shots and everything else we bemoan at Scottish games. At the tail end of last season I went to see Leyton Orient v Peterborough, two teams challenging for the League One play-offs, but there weren't very many players on show who I thought would stand out at Saints.

Having said that, I also agree with MySpazz that athleticism is the main difference. A lot of the players down here seem to be bigger, stronger, fitter, faster and generally more dynamic than what we see in Scotland. I've no idea why that is though!

• 6 months later...