Aberdeen away 23/7/11

Kilgour

Where you getting that Dougie? Best I can get is £30.90 for me and the lad, but that is leaving on 0832 train in morning and returning on 1909. 0933 train is £48 return for me and him (East Coast Trains)

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/?

I think you save about £20 odd with the times I selected above. Price of course goes up the closer to the date mind.

Oh, and that's just an adult return.

Yeah, just had a look at prices with a kid and it does tend to shoot up the costs to what you have quoted above unfortunately.

Edited by SaintDougie

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/?

I think you save about £20 odd with the times I selected above. Price of course goes up the closer to the date mind.

Oh, and that's just an adult return.

Yeah, just had a look at prices with a kid and it does tend to shoot up the costs to what you have quoted above unfortunately.

Will see if anybody else is going with a kid...sometimes if you book 2 adults and 2 kids, the kids go free.

2 adults and 2 kids £45 for all 4, leaving Edinburgh at 8.30'ish and train back just after 7pm

Edited by Edstar101
Looked it up!!

Right, here's what I have found so far...

(Sat 23 Jul)

Out:

09:33 Edinburgh Haymarket (HYM)

to

11:53 Aberdeen (ABD)

0 change(s)

Return:

19:09 Aberdeen (ABD)

to

21:26 Edinburgh Haymarket (HYM)

0 change(s)

Total price

£20.60

Not too shabby

That outbound train now coming in at £42 so I have booked the train 1hr earlier and the same return just now for £20.60 p.s. Look-out for Trainline trying to charge £7.50 for next day delivery even if you dont choose it and £1 booking fee.I had to cancel and go through Scotrail no fees!

• 2 weeks later...