Youth chat 2011/2012

Tranmere Saintee

Gairdoch 15s split up just over a year ago. There are still younger Gairdoch teams, Was Alex Watters around when you were there? He is now head of the Gairdoch Academy Still doing their usual of taking the best players from all the other teams in the area. Actually approached one of myunder10 players as he was walking to the changing room after a game to ask them to sign for them.

Bonnybridge are I believe still going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u19's got beat 2-1 off utd today but the boys can be proud of how they played. 1st half they passed utd off the park and let in a silly goal just before half time. a superb free kick from about 25 yrds into the top corner brought saints level. saints were still the better side but started to tire near the end allowing utd to score a wonderful goal , full of quick passing. saints hit the post with a header and should have leveled in the dying secs with a shot from the edge of the box which just flew over.

Moffat at the back was the stand out for me calm in possesion winning everything in the air and keeping the team organised. Clelland has the boys playing nice football and good to see Del their watching on a windy an wet day

u19's got beat 2-1 off utd today but the boys can be proud of how they played. 1st half they passed utd off the park and let in a silly goal just before half time. a superb free kick from about 25 yrds into the top corner brought saints level. saints were still the better side but started to tire near the end allowing utd to score a wonderful goal , full of quick passing. saints hit the post with a header and should have leveled in the dying secs with a shot from the edge of the box which just flew over.

Moffat at the back was the stand out for me calm in possesion winning everything in the air and keeping the team organised. Clelland has the boys playing nice football and good to see Del their watching on a windy an wet day

Not seen any under 19 games, but the reports are good for the future.

Incidently, I see that Durnan who is loaned to Stranraer has been getting rave reviews and Stranraer have actually been winning games, which is a change for them.

This can only be good for the boys future and the future for Saints.

Well done to the lad.

Think the scorer of the goal was number 8 McIntosh, who looks a good prospect.

Don;t know what it is about the park at Stirling but the number of players slipping today was incredible. A few lucky escapes. Maybe something that the lads need to look at with longer studs for the surface.

A word about the ref though who was far from impressive and not helped by the female linesman who gave a couple of dodgy offside decisions.

Stevie Campbell the United coach is obviously learning form Houston with some crazy antics on the touchline. Really needs to control himself.

it seemed to be the same area of the park they kept slipping . the utd coach was a disgrace-the abuse he was giving the ref considering he was jus a kid himself was uncalled for but funny to see the young ref giving him a ticking off. 2blatant offsides against us and women always tellin us they know the offside rule aye right!

• 1 month later...
Are all the under 19 matches now being played at Stirling Uni, or are they continuing to use various grounds, given they were due to play Rangers at Kirriemuir's ground?

All being played on the pitches up next to the golf course. They have moved form the pitch they were on a few years ago to the one that runs down the side of the golf course. The main pitch down at the running track is Dunfermlines home pitch for the season.

All being played on the pitches up next to the golf course. They have moved form the pitch they were on a few years ago to the one that runs down the side of the golf course. The main pitch down at the running track is Dunfermlines home pitch for the season.

Cheers mainstand, makes it a bit easier for me next weekend!

Is this a one off due to it being Inverness and Alex having the first team training??

Don't know mainstand - just that this is the second game I have had for them and both have been at Kirrie (with the potential for this one being off as well given the forecast!).

I would have thought for Inverness, Stirling may have been just as easy to get to?

Don't know mainstand - just that this is the second game I have had for them and both have been at Kirrie (with the potential for this one being off as well given the forecast!).

I would have thought for Inverness, Stirling may have been just as easy to get to?

Yeah its a strange one, as you say Inverness at the Uni this afternoon to play a friendly.

Good game today at Kirriemuir -with Tommy C taking charge (possible dark horse for the future !!)

ICT had the chance to go ahead due to a "soft" penalty award (very soft indeed !)-But ICT failed to score. Young Master Caddis had a wee arguement/disagreement with the ref -resulting in a Yellow card.

Minutes later Master Caddis was a very very lucky boy to remain on the field following a bad tackle (which only resulted in a finger wag from the Ref).

Fortunately Mr C calmed the boy down a bit.

Saints scored a couple of goals before half time -but dont ask me who ( because im only a part-timer as far as u/19s go)

A Steak pie was gingerly washed down with a "rank" Bovril and following a Saints Penalty I spent most of the second half in the local BP garage toilet ( sorry missus about the smell -but thats Bovril for you).

Several immodium plus later - returned to find Saints up 5-0 -defensive lapse tho let ICT score.

Think it finished 5-1 ( had to leave early as bowels were in overdrive)

Good game today at Kirriemuir -with Tommy C taking charge (possible dark horse for the future !!)

ICT had the chance to go ahead due to a "soft" penalty award (very soft indeed !)-But ICT failed to score. Young Master Caddis had a wee arguement/disagreement with the ref -resulting in a Yellow card.

Minutes later Master Caddis was a very very lucky boy to remain on the field following a bad tackle (which only resulted in a finger wag from the Ref).

Saints scored a couple of goals before half time -but dont ask me who ( because im only a part-timer as far as u/19s go)

A Steak pie was gingerly washed down with a "rank" Bovril and following a Saints Penalty I spent most of the second half in the local BP garage toilet ( sorry missus about the smell -but thats Bovril for you).

Several immodium plus later - returned to find Saints up 5-0 -defensive lapse tho let ICT score.

Yea, thanks for not depositing your excrement on my car seat on the way home. As you say 5-1. Scorers Ricky McIntosh three (2pens.) Scott Gray and Ryan Hutchinson. P.S. Hope your a bit more solid tomorrow Ancient : laugh :laugh:

Think the scorer of the goal was number 8 McIntosh, who looks a good prospect.

Don;t know what it is about the park at Stirling but the number of players slipping today was incredible. A few lucky escapes. Maybe something that the lads need to look at with longer studs for the surface.

A word about the ref though who was far from impressive and not helped by the female linesman who gave a couple of dodgy offside decisions.

Stevie Campbell the United coach is obviously learning form Houston with some crazy antics on the touchline. Really needs to control himself.

Yeah my mate plays for united 19s, he scored the winner in the game. he says that his manager goes of on one at the smallest things and none of them want tp say a wprd when he does. mate said saints are one of the better teams hes played against:D

Yeah my mate plays for united 19s, he scored the winner in the game. he says that his manager goes of on one at the smallest things and none of them want tp say a wprd when he does. mate said saints are one of the better teams hes played against:D

Someone in a senior position at Tannadice really neds to take Stevy Campbell aside and tell him to cool it. His attitude to officials, opposition players and his own lads is not what you would expect of a man in his position.

Had to be ushered away form the ref at the final whistle yesterday. In saying that the ref and his linesman and lineswoman were murder. At one point the lineswoman stuck her flag up and ran towards the corner flag to give a pen changed her mind and saignalled that it was a corner the bloomin ball had never gone out. Ref gave a pen to United for nothing and then levelled things up with a soft pen for Saints. Good match spoilt by 3 officials.