Brechin v St Johnstone - Updates

Guest imported_Jamie_Beatson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all good guys Saints were terible in the first half Bit of a shock no Stanic? Scotland could have provided more. As for David's comments about Brechin they huffed and puffed but not sure if they could have provided anything. Couldn't see the Brechin goal there floodlights are shocking. All and all Saints beat a Brechin team that was shocking worse than they were when they played at MCD.

Sheerin gash Stevenson gash Henry was he playing?? Sheriden pass but only just Scotland pass but i wish he would distribute better. Back 4 pass although i would like to know about the appearance of Dyer who struggled at times. Milne ran his socks off but didnt get much of a sniff. Cat pass comfertably one good save and did it well.

3 points in the bag but its not the kind of display to get excited about hte difference today we tucked away the chances without looking great..

Not all good guys Saints were terible in the first half Bit of a shock no Stanic? Scotland could have provided more. As for David's comments about Brechin they huffed and puffed but not sure if they could have provided anything. Couldn't see the Brechin goal there floodlights are shocking. All and all Saints beat a Brechin team that was shocking worse than they were when they played at MCD.

Sheerin gash Stevenson gash Henry was he playing?? Sheriden pass but only just Scotland pass but i wish he would distribute better. Back 4 pass although i would like to know about the appearance of Dyer who struggled at times. Milne ran his socks off but didnt get much of a sniff. Cat pass comfertably one good save and did it well.

3 points in the bag but its not the kind of display to get excited about hte difference today we tucked away the chances without looking great..

Can't really agree with this assessment myself. I thought saints played about as well as the conditions allowed against an admittedly not very good brechin side. As for Sheerin and Stevenson being gash, sorry didn't see that at all. Stevenson wasn't great in the 1st half but in the second he was central to most of what we did well. For once they also actually kept wide giving us some width, and both their finishes were excellent. Two stunning goals by Scotland again - despite his laziness sometimes being frustrating, the fact that he can score goals that no-one else in the squad can is why he's playing every week.

One thing I have to mention was the stick some saints players were getting today. Even when we were cruising at 3-1 and 4-1, Stevenson, Mensing and Dyer in particular were getting dogs abuse for not being able to perfectly control a ball and play a defence-splitting pass in driving rain and on a pitch that was like a sponge, not conducive to playing decent football at all. The last thing Dyer needed in particular was the some of the criticism that was directed at him. By the way, was Stanic injured?

I think today also highlighted how important it is that we get the first goal in games. We saw after half time that Brechin really came at us, and that gave us the space to use our greater quality. I certainly felt that we were much improved from last week.

Thought the all round performance, in those conditions and on that surface was quite good. Sheerin had an excellant first half moving forward whenever he could. Stevenson looked like he couldn't give a damn in the first half but played a lot better in the second. Scotland done enough and the goals were fantastic. Savo ran his arse off but just never got the right ball. Well worth the trip.

Thought we really struggled in the first-half and when we went 1-0 up it was against the run of play - Brechin had been getting stronger and stronger as the half went on and had had a couple of decent chances just before our opener. Playing Brechin's not like playing the other teams at the bottom - they like to play good football and have some decent players. I'd like to see them stay up because I always like going to Glebe Park.

Still, I think Scotland's first (nicely finished) came at a great time because it settled us down for the second half and got our moaning fans off the players' backs for a bit. Second half saw a much more accomplished performance despite the deteriorating weather conditions - Stevenson got the goal his stand-out display deserved, Wizard got yet another to help his confidence along and Scotland's second was an absolute peach. I didn't actually think Scotland played all that well for a lot of the game, but his two goals were magic and, when he wants to, he shows some wonderful touches.

Only real disappointment is that Savo didn't score, because I think he really needs a goal at the moment. He was his usual self today - worked tirelessly for little personal reward.