Meet The Manager Night

First special night now taking shape.

The Weareperth barossa St .ST Johnstone supporters are pleased to announce that Derek McInnes will be holding a meet the manager session at the Barossa ST club at 18.45 on the 27th of August. This is a great opportunity for fans to hear Dereks thoughts on all things saints including our new signings. All welcome

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great success tonight with at least 100 adults and weans in attendance..Thanks to all who attended and thanks to my fellow members especially GB and Larky for their organisation. Also thanks to Peter at the club for the grub and to Jim Masson for hosting so well. Thanks to Saints for donating the signed ball ( the raffle was very well subscribed ) and finally, thanks to Derek McInnes for taking the time to attend and for his forthright answers to most of the questions. I am sure some of my fellow members will be able to add some more details to this thread. Was a great evening.:D

Its been a long night, i was there to the death with Mrs Lark dancing to the excellent Two Johns, and i am now away to sort things out for my Day with Ormond Saints team

But it was a great night last night, with a fantastic turn out, many of whom stayed on for the above mentioned band

and i will give you my report( so to speak)on things soon

Will leave it to Gav to post an overall update on the night. Just a few bits from me.

Del was brilliant and delighted at the size of the turnout.I have been to quite a few of these and can't remember any of them being as well attended. One last year only had about 30 at it so well done to everyone for making the effort and for such a warm welcome to Derek when he arrived.

Thanks to the club for selling raffle tickets during the week.There were 70 sold by yesterday lunchtime,Tony put in a fantastic effort and by the time the draw was made we had £176 in the kitty. That will all go towards our fund for saints youth development.,thanks to all that bought a ticket.

The winner of the signed football was Teamwork. Teamwork who lives in the London area is a life long saintees fan. He put £22 into the raffle and is also a sponsor for the curry/race night.

I phoned him last night to tell him he had one the ball he was delighted but has actually very generiously donated the ball back to us to raffle or auction at a future event. Well done Teamwork that is really good of you.

SpecialBlended Scotch Whisky

Let our Master Blender Richard Paterson tell you about what makes Whyte & Mackay so Special in his video tasting notes.

colour: Rich, golden highlights.

nose: Full and round with a silky spectrum of soft nuances which are displayed immediately. An impeccable balance prevails with no individual malt or grain whisky predominating. The Double Marriage process of the 41 constituent parts has assured a lasting union - a perfect marriage.

This is the key to the blend’s success - time allows the aged malts to amalgamate and harmonise. The ‘vatted malt or blended malt’, as it is now known, is held in sherry butts and left for several months during its first marriage. Once again time is called upon. The blended malt is then mixed with six different grain whiskies and returned to another set of sherry butts to complete its second stage of maturation before it is finally bottled.

taste: By allowing the double married blend to drift over the tongue, the warmth of the mouth releases additional flavours - honeyed soft fruits arise in profusion. Seductively smooth, rich tones assert their influence in the background before giving way to a pleasing warm aftertaste which lingers long in the mouth.

This exceptional blend is a true reflection of its founders’ exacting standards.

luvvvly

Will leave it to Gav to post an overall update on the night. Just a few bits from me.

Del was brilliant and delighted at the size of the turnout.I have been to quite a few of these and can't remember any of them being as well attended. One last year only had about 30 at it so well done to everyone for making the effort and for such a warm welcome to Derek when he arrived.

Thanks to the club for selling raffle tickets during the week.There were 70 sold by yesterday lunchtime,Tony put in a fantastic effort and by the time the draw was made we had £176 in the kitty. That will all go towards our fund for saints youth development.,thanks to all that bought a ticket.

The winner of the signed football was Teamwork. Teamwork who lives in the London area is a life long saintees fan. He put £22 into the raffle and is also a sponsor for the curry/race night.

I phoned him last night to tell him he had one the ball he was delighted but has actually very generiously donated the ball back to us to raffle or auction at a future event. Well done Teamwork that is really good of you.

Good on Yah Teamwork !

type of guy i am John !!! gives the whole initiative a bit of a lift i think

It is a great initiative. I have fond memories of leaving for Saints games from the Barossa Street Club. Thanks to slf, I am a member (still to pay him). Looking to my first pre and post match pint but not sure when it is going to be.

Edited by SingaporeSaint

SpecialBlended Scotch Whisky

Let our Master Blender Richard Paterson tell you about what makes Whyte & Mackay so Special in his video tasting notes.

colour: Rich, golden highlights.

nose: Full and round with a silky spectrum of soft nuances which are displayed immediately. An impeccable balance prevails with no individual malt or grain whisky predominating. The Double Marriage process of the 41 constituent parts has assured a lasting union - a perfect marriage.

This is the key to the blend’s success - time allows the aged malts to amalgamate and harmonise. The ‘vatted malt or blended malt’, as it is now known, is held in sherry butts and left for several months during its first marriage. Once again time is called upon. The blended malt is then mixed with six different grain whiskies and returned to another set of sherry butts to complete its second stage of maturation before it is finally bottled.

taste: By allowing the double married blend to drift over the tongue, the warmth of the mouth releases additional flavours - honeyed soft fruits arise in profusion. Seductively smooth, rich tones assert their influence in the background before giving way to a pleasing warm aftertaste which lingers long in the mouth.

This exceptional blend is a true reflection of its founders’ exacting standards.

luvvvly

OKAY, OKAY ancient, don't make us jealous with that bottle you won in the raffle :laugh:

It is a great initiative. I have fond memories of leaving for Saints games from the Barossa Street Club. Thanks to slf, I am a member (still to pay him). Looking to my first pre and post match pint but not sure when it is going to be.

Your using SLF as your Perth contact ??? my Perthside agent is Ginger Baker !! the very fine Gus who rang me on Saturday nite disturbing my post work scoops !!

and my membership is paid - i,ve never been inside the place in all honesty !!

• 8 years later...