Another shop bites the dust...

sjfc99

Gamestation closing down today

the irony of it is that Gamestation generally had gamers for staff who took time to talk to those in the shop and was a decent shop where as Game just has shop assistants who don't care.

seems the way of things. don't really have to care or know about the product your selling just shift as much as possible. personal touch has gone.

just my experience of the two shops

the irony of it is that Gamestation generally had gamers for staff who took time to talk to those in the shop and was a decent shop where as Game just has shop assistants who don't care.

seems the way of things. don't really have to care or know about the product your selling just shift as much as possible. personal touch has gone.

They are the same company, always seemed strange that you would have 2 shops instead of 1.

Totally agree, Dougie.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

57e8ae72fa8fd816f59644cbe3a893561b26dae7.jpg

Dear Gavin Stewart

PERTH CLOSURE

We regret to inform you of the closure of our Perth club, effective November 20th 2012.

However we are pleased to confirm that your membership still remains valid at any other Rileys club in the country.

We'd love to see you at any of our other clubs, so as a thank you for your continued custom, we'd like to offer you a FREE hour of pool or snooker and a drink for just £1*.

Just print out and bring along this email to qualify and we will do the rest.

You can also search for your nearest club by clicking here.

The Rileys Team

57e8ae72fa8fd816f59644cbe3a893561b26dae7.jpg

Dear Gavin Stewart

PERTH CLOSURE

We regret to inform you of the closure of our Perth club, effective November 20th 2012.

However we are pleased to confirm that your membership still remains valid at any other Rileys club in the country.

OMG,, devesated.. The Yorkie, Shenanigans , all now closed.. Was never glamorous enough for The Ice Bucket......... My haunt is CLOSED...Don't you worry , if I win the Lottery ..... We will Open Again..... :-)

We'd love to see you at any of our other clubs, so as a thank you for your continued custom, we'd like to offer you a FREE hour of pool or snooker and a drink for just £1*.

Just print out and bring along this email to qualify and we will do the rest.

You can also search for your nearest club by clicking here.

The Rileys Team

Well that's good news. Rileys ran the place into the ground with impressive swiftness.

Myself and Dev were playing snooker there before the last two home games. There was no heating on- so the temperature through in the snooker hall was around 6 degrees C. There was actually a bloke in playing snooker with gloves on. Another pair packed in after one frame an asked for a refund.

It could be a good club but it has been so badly run its unreal.

Riley's was a total dive, me and my pals stopped going nearly 2 years ago because of the total lack of cleanliness in the place. You'd walk in and be greeted by a dark and cold corridor, then once you got into the pool area you'd find your feet sticking to the floor.

You cannae mention Rileys without mentioning the staff, possibly the worst bar staff in town. I've been in there when members of staff would bring in their pals through the back door, then they were so drunk or of their faces that they've started fighting amongst themselves. It was turning into a bloody creche for neds who cannae handle their drink.

They would serve you drink in dirty glasses, we had everything from what looked and tasted like dry soap to pieces of meat in the bottom of our glasses. Then they would serve out of date food. I remember going in once and getting a packet of crisps that were out of date on that day, only to go back in months later and get handed a packet with the exact same use by date on them. It was the same with all of their snacks, but more worryingly it makes you wonder about the hot food they would serve you, wouldn't surprise me if it was just sat on the kitchen floor, the dirt brushed off and just chucked in a microwave for 2 minutes.

It wasn't even cheap place to go either, one of the priciest places to buy drink in the town and it was watered down pish like coors light and carling. The safest bet was to go for bottled beer but they charged through the roof for it and at best it was slightly chilled, saw them so many times stocking the fridge as you walk in and then 5 minutes later serving people warm beers.

The pool tables were manky and the cloths absolutely worn through, and if you were lucky you'd get a table that was sat on a level surface.

I hope the old owner from the New Yorker days brings it back to the good old days, get the big screen down for footy and serve up some decent food and drink. That place used to be buzzin and had a great wee atmosphere.

I hope they do something a bit imaginative with it.

There is nowhere decent for watching football in town now - Sandeman no longer has Sky games, Sportsters is horribly laid out, and everywhere else is too small/not enough screens etc.

I'd love to see them perhaps turn the main bottom level into a sports bar, pool tables upstairs and in the front section, and the snooker tables where they are.

Right now in Perth there isn't a single place to go and play snooker, which is astounding.

I hope they do something a bit imaginative with it.

There is nowhere decent for watching football in town now - Sandeman no longer has Sky games, Sportsters is horribly laid out, and everywhere else is too small/not enough screens etc.

I'd love to see them perhaps turn the main bottom level into a sports bar, pool tables upstairs and in the front section, and the snooker tables where they are.

Right now in Perth there isn't a single place to go and play snooker, which is astounding.

try the foundry lots of screens,

leave the Newcastle brown ale as they are all mine

has the new whist club shut down i thought it had a snooker table

try the foundry lots of screens,

leave the Newcastle brown ale as they are all mine

has the new whist club shut down i thought it had a snooker table

Foundry is another place laid out in such a way that most seats either have no view of a screen, or only a very, very distant one. They also never (or very, very rarely) have the commentary on.