Should 101 Saint be banned from Barossa Street?

andrew

Should 101 Saint be banned from Barossa Street?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't believe in censorship but I think this is probably the correct decision. People in the public eye shouldn't have to put up with abuse, criticism yes but abuse no. I have little doubt that 101 would behave as he appears much braver behind a keyboard than in real life, in fact it's like two different people, however what he did is completely unacceptable and at the very least an apology should still be forthcoming. I won't hold my breath on that though.

I am glad I didn't vote on thus though as before I read Ghostie's post i had a very different opinion. I was very misled by the thread title.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it this way. If you ran a club and you managed to get McInnes along would you allow a selfish, childish, libellous, narcissistic t*** to come along to offend McInnes thus guaranteeing a withdrawal of saints representatives at future events? Dont think so.

I wouldn't ban him I just wouldn't give him a platform to spout his rubbish.

If Del knew he was coming I woulld not be surprised if he cancelled.Why would you volunteer in your own time after a long day at work to go and meet someone who has been openly hostile and nasty to you in print.When Del was appointed manager 101 made up his mind he was going to fail and he has not.He then let his unnatural loathing of Del take over his life, eventually leading to his banning from here.

Having read posts from those who attended the meeting it seems perfectly sensible to EXCLUDE HIM FROM THIS ONE EVENTwhich allows those from WAP to enjoy it.

I dont see how you could interpret this any other way.

So you'd let him join this morning, pay his £13 or whatever it is and then not let him in the club tonight. There are no words, ****ing hell.

Ancient Saint I salute you for being the only one with a bit of common sense and decency as well.

If as Juggernaut says in his post, the guest (Derek McInnes) has indicated that he would have an issue with this person's attendance, then of course those organising the event have a decision to make. If that decision is to prevent that person from attending, then I see no problem with that.

If Del has indicated this, then it would suggest that he may indeed have seen or been told about this person's vile and unwarranted attack on Del's wife. I would doubt that someone as professional as Del would take this stance purely on criticism of his abilities as a football manager - let's face it 101 has no qualifications to judge him on this. Unwarranted abuse of his wife/family however is another matter. You have stated on a previous thread that you "don't forgive easily". That is your right. Why should Derek McInnes not have that right?

To say that you wish people dead beggars belief - this guy really needs to seek help.For committee members to say they would welcome this guy in the club after saying this, speaks volumes for them - it would be very easy for the committee to tell him never to darken the door.

Oh, and you need to stop trying to defend the indefensible:roll:

He has indicated on his twitter account that he hopes the committee members

of Barossa Street, except one, die before Geoff Brown does. This comment

is at best in very bad taste, and at worst could be extremely offensive and upstetting

to family members and friends of committee members.

If that is the level of contribution that could be expected from the person

concerned at the meet the manager night then of course he should be

exluded.

I read that too John, and as someone who knows one of the committee quite well I found it very offensive,and to be honest, I don't think the guy should be allowed out without support,as is the case with fife council!!

Barossa streets supporters club for this pish.

Totally agree. This is not Saints chat. Lets at least respect the Forum and it's rules by putting this in the appropriate section. What's the point in having a dedicated Barossa Street section if it's not used properly.

I would want you to be in my company, I'd be the bigger man, infact I'd sit there and laud it up that I am, in dels case, a successful football manager with lots of money, while the guy who hates me so much works in a call centre.

I would be very disappointed if Del (or anyone else for that matter) lorded it over someone on the basis of the job they do - criticising someone for making a living is pretty low. I know it is tempting to have a go at 101 for a whole host of reasons but I think we (and Del) should just stick to the fact that 101 talks lots of crap about football and, I am led to believe, has been offensive to lots of different people, including Del and his family.

I am glad I didn't vote on thus though as before I read Ghostie's post i had a very different opinion. I was very misled by the thread title.

Sorry John and Ghostie.

It wasn't my intention to mislead. Perhaps I should have said banned from a Barossa Street event or meet the manager. My apologies.

In the end it amounts to the same thing really.

I was interested to see what people thought.

Thanks to those who gave reasoned answers.

It's a shame others resorted to insinuation and ridicule.

This whole situation, for me, causes me to question how the club is run. I never like politics at the best of times - and I would now add hypocrisy to cowardice, control, dictatorship and censorship to describe what this business evokes in my mind.

Regardless of the personalities involved there are other, and much better, ways this could have been handled, although this perhaps reflects the calibre of individual behind the club. For me this has blighted what is an otherwise positive initiative.

Sorry John and Ghostie.

It wasn't my intention to mislead. Perhaps I should have said banned from a Barossa Street event or meet the manager. My apologies.

This whole situation, for me, causes me to question how the club is run. I never like politics at the best of times - and I would now add hypocrisy to cowardice, control, dictatorship and censorship to describe what this business evokes in my mind.

Regardless of the personalities involved there are other, and much better, ways this could have been handled, although this perhaps reflects the calibre of individual behind the club. For me this has blighted what is an otherwise positive initiative.

What other and much better ways could this have been handled? Not a dig - just interested in what other solutions you think could have been employed.

Sorry John and Ghostie.

Andrew ----You will note that the thread was moved to the Barossa st supporters club and you will also note that a statement has been made on there from the Chairperson -

Can i add that if you feel so strongly about the way things are being run (as in your Hypocricy statement) then can I suggest that you or anyone else obtains an application form -pay your £8 and take the time to come along to an actual meeting --Then you can judge how the "members" perform.

If you cannot get to the club -PM me with your details and I will gladly get you or Gordon an application form.

What other and much better ways could this have been handled? Not a dig - just interested in what other solutions you think could have been employed.

I accept it's not a dig.

I can think of a few alternatives whereby everyone would have gained and there would have been less potential for bad feeling/animosity.

Ghostie made an effort and that was decent of him, but that didn't cover the full picture.

Since I am not, and now will not be, part of the club, I shall leave it to higher authorities to ponder what else they could have done.

Andrew ----You will note that the thread was moved to the Barossa st supporters club and you will also note that a statement has been made on there from the Chairperson -

Can i add that if you feel so strongly about the way things are being run (as in your Hypocricy statement) then can I suggest that you or anyone else obtains an application form -pay your £8 and take the time to come along to an actual meeting --Then you can judge how the "members" perform.

If you cannot get to the club -PM me with your details and I will gladly get you or Gordon an application form.

Thanks for the offer Ancient, I do appreciate it.

I will attend the event tonight because my two sons wish to be there. I am assuming that this will be ok?

I have made my thoughts clear enough, and have no intention of joining a club that is capable of acting in this manner.

As I said, there are a host of other ways this could have been handled. That is hasn't is plenty for me.

I accept it's not a dig.

I can think of a few alternatives whereby everyone would have gained and there would have been less potential for bad feeling/animosity.

Ghostie made an effort and that was decent of him, but that didn't cover the full picture.

Since I am not, and now will not be, part of the club, I shall leave it to higher authorities to ponder what else they could have done.

You didn't answer the question:roll:

I read that too John, and as someone who knows one of the committee quite well I found it very offensive,and to be honest, I don't think the guy should be allowed out without support,as is the case with fife council!!

I had a look for thsi on Twitter Dave but could not see it. Has it been removed?? and if not can you put up a link please..

Cheers.

Thanks for the offer Ancient, I do appreciate it.

I will attend the event tonight because my two sons wish to be there. I am assuming that this will be ok?

I have made my thoughts clear enough, and have no intention of joining a club that is capable of acting in this manner.

As I said, there are a host of other ways this could have been handled. That is hasn't is plenty for me.

The offer still stands and if you are in tonight you can fill in the form yourself -I know how difficult it can be to put things down and put them onto a computer via a keyboard and as you can see from your own thread things can be twisted to suit the mood you are in.

It is easy to be critical until you actually take part in something and then you know you can judge it properly.

This was always going to be a volatile situation -will we -wont we and you can see how difficult it was.

Gordon(101 is NOT banned from the Barossa Street St.Johnstone Supporters Club. He is NOT banned from joining this members club and he is NOT banned from joining the WAP section of the club..

He HAS though been EXCLUDED from our meet the manager event after an open meeting where this single situation was discussed amongst those present ( not just the committee). The decision was NOT taken lightly but it was stated that Derek Mcinne would not attend if Gordon was there.Simple as that.

Some of the comments now being made on twitter by him are out of order

people need to know that We are a group of Saints fans who wanted a base where we could meet after games, Run buses to Home and Away games, Hold Events and give a bit of money to Saints Youth Development as an out come of such events.

NONE of us are in this for personal gain or to "Massage" our own egos as has been suggested.

I hate Confrontation of any kind, i guess when you take on the Chairmanship of a group you leave yourself wide open to such things , but when foolish comments are made about wanting people to DIE , then you cross the line as far as im concerned.

This whole event, with some of the things being said by one sad individual has left a very sour taste in my mouth!How any one can condone this is beyond me to be honest!!

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

I think the statement from the chairman and Ghosties posts make the position very clear,

It is sad that he still has not seem to have learnt and is still making libelous accusations against Del in his blog with regards to his treatment of individual players.

I hope the evening goes well.

It doesn't matter if he is band or not he cant just go around making those comments even if it is true which it isnt he is just taking the piss and he knows it will wind folk up. Its not any of our buisness its Del's and his wifes and we shouldnt put stuff like that up on a forum. As for the whole thing about people dying before Geoff Brown that is just bang out of order and uncalled for nobody should wish that on anybody