Your worst SJFC team of all time

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Excellent thread idea. As you say not easy, we've had some right shite over the years! I've tried to avoid complete no-marks, ie guys who only played once or twice and have tried to give intelligent reasons for my picks. No current players, so no Ando! :razz:

Craig Samson (a toilet personified)

Andy Millen (went on to have a decent and long career elsewhere, but by God he was rank at Saints)

Darren Dods (actually not the worst defender we've ever had, but his distribution was by the far the worst I've ever seen. Scored a few goals for us when at arabs.)

Stuart McCluskey (would start a fight in an empty room, a complete liability)

Danny Grainger (ok going forward, sometimes, but pitifully awful defender)

Grant Murray (complete passenger of a player, beyond me how he ever got a game)

Gary McGinnis (otherwise known as Gary McUseless. Decent goal in replay against Inverness Caledonian. That was it.)

John Davies (useless little fud)

Martyn Fotheringham (apparently highly talented with bags of natural ability, but certainly not at football)

Cleveland Taylor (couldn't cross a blackboard with a bit of chalk)

Gavin Redford (hahahahahahahahahha, stinking)

Keep thinking of other honking individuals. Martin Lauchlan, Paul "nae i" Deas, Tommy Coyle, Jordan Tait)

Edited by Jimmy Wallace

Taking a bit of time to consider this one but Mclelland and Fyhr are stick on's.

Interestingly, on Fyhr's Wiki page he was polled as our worst EVER player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Fyhr

This thread will cause considerable debate. Personally I though McLelland was a superb defender, especially in the air. I missed out Peter Fyhr as he only played a handful of games and Gavin Redford was much worse.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
This thread will cause considerable debate. Personally I though McLelland was a superb defender, especially in the air. I missed out Peter Fyhr as he only played a handful of games and Gavin Redford was much worse.

A superb defender? I've seen tar run quicker! ha ha. Christ we have had some god awful players. Completely forgot about Martin Lauchlan.

Arkins and Dunne were pap too.

these may be a bit controversial but here goes

kevin "the cat" cuthbert - now i am not going to knock his effort or loyalty i do realise he tried his best but the amount of times he got lobbed or cost us huge games, semi vs hibs and that penalty he gave away against celtic in the semi for the scottish cup spring to mind ,

darren sheridan, now why he continued to get a game week after week i will never now, easiest way to describe him is jody morris with no passing ability, couldnt tackle, couldnt pick a pass, too short to win anything in the air and wasted countless free kick

opportunities about sums it up,

tommy lovenkrands- best summed up first touch is a pass

rudi vata, i saw him once and only once away to brechin, every time he got the ball tried a hollywood pass across pitch to no one.. and did the same with every free kick, oh and couldnt defend

honourable mentions

rachid djebali? ( cant remember how to spell it) collin samuel , michael mcgovern ( still blame him for gretna winning the league that year) brian mclaughlin, and alan main in his second spell, ( must point out total legend and best saints keeper i have ever seen in his first spell,

let the abuse for mentioning cuthbert commence...

Paddy Connolly, David Hannah, Graham Jones and John Paul McBride not yet been mentioned all of them utter dross and a complete waste of money.

Mc Bride's one and only fine moment was a lob in a pre-season match against Fulham from about 35/40 yards.

When you think about the 'revolving door' period from late Clark thru to Coyle, and you need the Temple for the amount of guys you will have forgotten about, the amount of crap players we brought in is unreal.

http://www.grange.demon.co.uk/saints/exsquad.htm

Edited by sjfc99

Duncan Lambie? Get away with you!!! :shock:

Agree with you about Duncan Lambie.Maybe not the best but pacey and some good crosses,as for Andy Kinnell I dont see him in any "worst" team.

Although he did play in our disastrous first premier season he was committed and wholehearted.Maybe a bit slow but Jimmy O,Rourke who played alongside him always sings his praises as an enforcer.