new manager

bankfoot saint

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont quite understand the shouts for Sheerin so much. Del's success and Coyle's success were down to their big signings (the Jodys and the Duberrys to name a couple, even Derek McInnes himself). Without their contacts in the world of football, these signings wouldn't have happened.. Hoping for someone who knows people, has played at a high level and can pull in these players that inspire a whole squad

No former players for me.

Someone with ambition, determination and contacts, with an experienced number 2. We are proving to be a good club for managers to cut their teeth and hopefully this will lead to a good standard of applicant for the role.

How many other Scottish clubs have had their last 2 Managers poached (I'm pretty sure he'll be away)

I can understand the calls for it to be Jody but I personally feel he still has plenty to offer as a player and captain of St Johnstone. I just feel it would be too early for him to step into the managerial role.

There's obviously plenty of candidates out there, I wonder if we will go for a big name like Jeffries, some experience in hughes or McPherson or try the untested at this level. Whoever it is will be inheriting a good squad and I think pressure would be on to get off to a good start, especially if it goes against what the masses want.

Maybe it could be a blessing in disguise, people might be enticed back to McD with the excitement of a new manager.

Alternatively Del stays and we all look like fannies.

As I posted on a similar thread, Paul Sheerin is the most likely option in my opinion. I respect what's said about his contacts etc but how do we know who he's friends with? Perhaps he's got plenty of contacts from his Southampton days, we dont know!

If I had a lot of money worth spending I'd try an persuade someone like Billy Davies but of course I dont have a lot of money so I'm not gonna try and persuade Billy Davies :shock:

Got to have faith in Geoff Brown and his team to find the managerial talent. He has done a great job recently and his choices have been spot on. I'm sure he already has candidates lined up...."come to St Johnstone, show your worth, then we will find you a major gig in England".... Any aspiring managers dream really.... The truth is...we should have the pick of the best....

If Del does go, then its likely GB will make an appointment none of us expect. Coyle and McInnes were both appointments no one predicted.

If we do bring someone in, we need them to make slight tweaks as they see fit. The worry will be if Del was to take some of our lads, the quality of signings the new gaffer would make. Eg- Sandy Clark.

I think Del will stay until the end of the season to be honest and then a new appointment will be needed.

If Del does go, then its likely GB will make an appointment none of us expect. Coyle and McInnes were both appointments no one predicted.

If we do bring someone in, we need them to make slight tweaks as they see fit. The worry will be if Del was to take some of our lads, the quality of signings the new gaffer would make. Eg- Sandy Clark.

I think Del will stay until the end of the season to be honest and then a new appointment will be needed.

100% Agree