MEMORIES OF PERTH 1960s

PETER/BILL

choice of the higher or lower bus back to letham from mill street.no shit detours via tulloch then.
Used to live up Strathtay Rd bus used to go up Dunkeld Rd, Crieff Rd up Newhouse a wee bit then Strathtay nea feckin aboot. Now when I am back and use a bus I dont know where I am goin.

Used to live up Strathtay Rd bus used to go up Dunkeld Rd, Crieff Rd up Newhouse a wee bit then Strathtay nea feckin aboot. Now when I am back and use a bus I dont know where I am goin.

the No.28 was braw coz if you missed it up the top ye could run down to Birrells Garage and get it there - or even get off there on the way home if you were needin a p*** :laugh:

Working on St Columbas School job wie Andy Meiklem

Andy was a friend since we we very young and we ended up living across the back green from each other, he in Ruthven Ave., and me in Hunter's. Was Andy not in band? Was it the Errol Blue Stars? Or is the little Blue pill messing with my head again? Andy had a sister, June, who for me was the best looking girl in Perth. Hi, June!!!

Cavelini's caff and chip shop.

Broon's wee shop

Going to the jiggin' at the City Hall and Meat Market.

Pint in the Feusie.

Half-Day fitba' on the South Inch. I played for every team as Super Sub.

Saint's beat Rangers 1-0 at Muirton on a weeknight.

Jeanfield Swifts training nights.

Alice Rylance. Hi, Alice!!!!!

Smudge

Andy was a friend since we we very young and we ended up living across the back green from each other, he in Ruthven Ave., and me in Hunter's. Was Andy not in band? Was it the Errol Blue Stars? Or is the little Blue pill messing with my head again? Andy had a sister, June, who for me was the best looking girl in Perth. Hi, June!!!

Cavelini's caff and chip shop.

Broon's wee shop

Going to the jiggin' at the City Hall and Meat Market.

Pint in the Feusie.

Half-Day fitba' on the South Inch. I played for every team as Super Sub.

Saint's beat Rangers 1-0 at Muirton on a weeknight.

Jeanfield Swifts training nights.

Alice Rylance. Hi, Alice!!!!!

Smudge

Hi Smudge Andy is in Perth Australia now, I got an email from his daughter a while back. Andy had the Tony Curtis hair goin always had the comb oot dont know aboot the band Edited by john.w

The group was the Erle Blue Stars not Errol. Later became Garry and the Hi-Landers. Ronnie Mulligan, my cousin once removed was a member, he is second from left in the picture. I think he emmigrated to California but don't know for sure. He married a christine Runciman in 1968. Other members of the band were Garry Summers (v), Lindsay Thomson (lg), Erle Jacobson (kb), Andy Patterson (lg), Eggie Martin (g), Norrie Whittle (B), Roy Gannon (d), Eric Murray (d).

ye could drive doon the high street and up the old high street.

When a teenager, I got stopped by the polis for walking my cycle up the High St. (wheels on the road, my feet on the pavement) to be informed I couldn't push my bike the wrong way in a one way street.

When your in the High St. now, which undergoing another pedestrianised exercise, there s cyclists going up down and across the street and the polis never say boo tae them.

changed days.

The group was the Erle Blue Stars not Errol. Later became Garry and the Hi-Landers. Ronnie Mulligan, my cousin once removed was a member, he is second from left in the picture. I think he emmigrated to California but don't know for sure. He married a christine Runciman in 1968. Other members of the band were Garry Summers (v), Lindsay Thomson (lg), Erle Jacobson (kb), Andy Patterson (lg), Eggie Martin (g), Norrie Whittle (B), Roy Gannon (d), Eric Murray (d).

Ronnie and Andy had the Mulligan & Patterson car repair business in [Longcauseway?] Perth - "u bend 'em we mend 'em" and I think they both emigrated to Calgary, Canada. The last time I saw Erle Jacobson he was working for Struan Motors.

MY MEMORIES OF PERTH 1960s

NICK SOAVE OASIS CAFE PERTH AMUSEMENTS KINNOUL ST LATER KING STREET

ALSO

THE COOKING DEPOT

ALSO MR LUNAN CENTRAL DISTRICT SCHOOL

ALSO RUTHVENFIELD SCHOOL ANY ONE REMEMBER THESE

:D:D

I remember Mr Lunan Central District,a big gentle giant of a man hardly said a word to anyone, a lot different from Mrs Mclennan,Cruella took lessons from her.

Buying a tanners worth of broken biscuits at woolies.

Summer time at Moncrieff Island (learned to swim there,brothers threw me in til i learned).

Watching the cows,sheep and pigs being slaughtered at the shore road.

Taking auld scrap to Davie Bands then going back in at night taking it, then getting your mates to take it back a couple of days later.

Braw summer days up Craigie Hill.