MEMORIES OF PERTH 1960s

PETER/BILL

Im throwing this one in as a right random,mainly because of its so rare (not best quality) Ive even a pic of cows grazing on the Inch

252335_448880648509391_30300496_n_zpsb4b

---------------------------------------

I still love that photo since it shows that people were innocent and genuine back then. The wee girl and guy standing in the middle in front of front of the elephants are just brilliant, it makes me smile in a happy way. That event today would be disallowed and if by chance it was you'd have 50,000 forms to fill out  and tens of police and security people  would be there to protect the delicate parents attitude..

Of course the elephants could have gone mental if tickled, I don't like it either.

Have you any of the old Fechney Buildings on the Glasgow Road / Spens Crescent.

Im still going through my selections but i will be sure to post if i come across any of the buildings.

I have a big selection of old school pictures Kinnoull ,Caley rd,Letham etc dating from around 50/60's  So i would like to post any up with the hope that there may be one or two posters on here in them,if you can let me know what school and year i'll give it a bash and keep them to this thread.Chances are slim but worth a punt.

Apart from school photos i think i have exhausted the 60's era,so if anyone is interested i still have a big selection i could post on the "Old Perth" thread,these photos date from late 1800's to 1980's

-----------------------------------

Aye post 'em all if ye've the time mate.

Hi Chips, Have you got anything of North Muirton area. Thanks

N Muirton area seems to be a hard one to get old pics off,i was promised some images from someone whos dad was involved in the building of the scheme but not recieved them yet.

282798_4438836083423_1429342278_n_zpsab0

Letham Primary, 1966, Primary 4. Top row left to right, Kenny Smith, George Begg, Dale Martin, Kevin Bell, Brian Arnott, David Martin, Andy Stoddart, Willie Robertson, Stuart Clark, Brian Angus, Middle row, John Mitchell, James Carcary, Steven Miller, Leslie McGlashan, Alison Whyte, Helen McCartney, Robert Bruce, Clive Irvine, Ian Barclay, Kevin Clark. Bottom Row, Gwen Miller, Shiela Grey, Susan Robertson, Gladys Imrie, Gwen Petrie, Lynn Patrick, Irene Pullar, Sheila ?, Catherine McKenzie and Catherine Bain.

• 6 years later...

i remember breadalbane terrace, mac bowies wee shop! walking to central district school, ingiles van coming round, the rag and bone man, going to the saterday morning club at the odeon, i also remember having nits and getting a brown envelope from the nit nurse to take home! i also remember being hungry most of the time, having boils all over my legs and impetigo on my face! fighting with margret carlin,