Hunters/Muirton 1970's and 80's

shireypirey

Anyone still alive from that period????

Knew alot of guys that stayed there in the 70's and 80's,remember the park in the middle ,just broken glass and burned oot cars,use to be some decent footballers back then,mikey whyte,Willie Burns..Tony Camilleri(???).use to be some cracking 15 a side games between hunters and muirton at the old firing range behind the jeanfield swifts pitch

Use to be a cracking chippy at hunters run by the cavellini's,they owned the paper shop as well(looked like the shop from open all hours)

Then at muirton anyone remember the mini market...sold everything my grandad use to take me there to buy airfix kits when in was a kid and how many times did the chippy at muirton catch fire?????

Anyone still alive from that period????

use to be some cracking 15 a side games between hunters and muirton at the old firing range behind the jeanfield swifts pitch

Played for Hunters and scored in a 2-1 win.Sinky,Frankie Irvine(RIP),Gormley,big huge guy called Bob,were also in the South of the white bridge team.Also at that time used to go over to Muirton and kicked about with Soupy 76.This happened at the weekend trips to stay at Grans who lived in Ruthven Ave.

I moved to the Muirton fae the Friarton in 1973,stayed at 10 Ainslie Gardens,had a great teen years there moved out when i got married in 83.

My mum 3 of my brothers n my sister still stay there.

Tay Motel was a great pub then some characters there,played football on a sunday for them wi Sandy Reid,Frankie Holden,Terry O,Connor,Banksie,and a few others who played if they were sober enough.

Went to a lot of Saints games wi Frankie H,Billy Macintyre,Jimmy n Robbie Mckay,Choky Dott(when he wisnae in the nick),Mick n Sonny Foley,went to some away games in the back of Brian Roe,s furniture van happy days.

Always went to the berries n tatties wi Shaun Mills great days they were,you wont catch the youngsters now a days going to them.

Played for Hunters and scored in a 2-1 win.Sinky,Frankie Irvine(RIP),Gormley,big huge guy called Bob,were also in the South of the white bridge team.Also at that time used to go over to Muirton and kicked about with Soupy 76.This happened at the weekend trips to stay at Grans who lived in Ruthven Ave.

great days Christmas eh. Collecting the balls for the saints on endless cold crisp winters nights when they were training. Only select few used to get in. Loved it.

know most of them. i also lived in Ainslie gardens in digs with Sandy. played in the tay motel pool team. Sandy , my dad ,myself ,Kenny Blackely

went to Shaun Mills tatties

Sean mills. Loved that man. He stayed across the road from me in Carnegie. I used to go for his papers and run errands and some weekends he used to take me to work in his lorry. Great memories

I grew up Hunters in the 70's and 80's/.....

anyone remember ''Kungfu Willie'' ''Tin Ligs''McGoldrick and Piccolini????

i remember 'tin ligs' and i ken why he got the name.

thought he lived in newhouse road late 70's early 80's .correct me if am wrong though.