Hunters/Muirton 1970's and 80's

shireypirey

13 F Hunters  moved to 28D Ruthven Avenue before moving to Corby.    Didn't go about that much at Ruthven as any one from Hunters was fair game - still mystified by that to this day. to come round to Ruthven so I didn't have the best of times in those years.   The worst thing was that my Hunters friends - the Whites 10 A Thomasina --- Angus's 10 F Randy & Frankie little brother nicknamed Binky -  Andy Crerar, his sisters and more would not dare to come round to me and I became a stranger to them.    Hunters gang had a great time in the dark nights orchard raiding and getting up to mischief     Any how my dad drove the scaffie wagon for the county and would bring the lorry home to Ruthven if he finished the round early.   He did the villages and I went with him during school holidays.   Left for Corby in 1964 definite life improvement but I missed all my school and skating friends badly.   School in England was sh** as everyone disagreed with and back chatted the teachers.   Friends I made had no interest in football, in Perth we played every break and especially at lunchtimes - I would say I was in the top 5 players.  I gather some of Tam and Jessie Whites grandchildren are in Corby these days.

Edited by hijimhere

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone on here help me.

Iam trying to find out some information about some of my family who lived on hunter's crescent in the 70,s.My uncle Les used to work on the railway and used to live above a man called wee alex if I remember right.and the other person died in a fire on the hunters she was a 8 year old girl called bernadette.thanks for any help

Can anyone on here help me.

Iam trying to find out some information about some of my family who lived on hunter's crescent in the 70,s.My uncle Les used to work on the railway and used to live above a man called wee alex if I remember right.and the other person died in a fire on the hunters she was a 8 year old girl called bernadette.thanks for any help

Try Perth Auld Bairns on Facebook you will get answers on there.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

13 F Hunters  moved to 28D Ruthven Avenue before moving to Corby.    Didn't go about that much at Ruthven as any one from Hunters was fair game - still mystified by that to this day. to come round to Ruthven so I didn't have the best of times in those years.   The worst thing was that my Hunters friends - the Whites 10 A Thomasina --- Angus's 10 F Randy & Frankie little brother nicknamed Binky -  Andy Crerar, his sisters and more would not dare to come round to me and I became a stranger to them.    Hunters gang had a great time in the dark nights orchard raiding and getting up to mischief     Any how my dad drove the scaffie wagon for the county and would bring the lorry home to Ruthven if he finished the round early.   He did the villages and I went with him during school holidays.   Left for Corby in 1964 definite life improvement but I missed all my school and skating friends badly.   School in England was sh** as everyone disagreed with and back chatted the teachers.   Friends I made had no interest in football, in Perth we played every break and especially at lunchtimes - I would say I was in the top 5 players.  I gather some of Tam and Jessie Whites grandchildren are in Corby these days.

Braw post chief.my sister was born in hunter crescent .me am a letham boy.