Levein lost the plot?

Nick

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like yourselves I accept that judging Samson on his performances in the SPL isn't a good one - a very poor league where he can keep five consecutive clean sheets against a rural team like SJFC was easy for him but come on you guys have some respect for Perth Saints (they tried) and the SPL.

I like his wife Delilah in shorts though. :cool:

Unlike many managers in national teams abroad where a manager can pick 20 players and that's it I'm afraid Scotland at this moment in time have no stars but growing potential and Levein is quite right to spread the net as wide as possible even if just to see a player in the squad situation and it may even turn out that a railway worker from Scotland back in the early 20th century went to Argentina as many did and married a girl called Maria who produced two daughters - Consuella and Margarita, one who married at the start of the 50's Pepi Messi and the other who married Lorenzo Maradona - oh my God two Scottish Grannies. :shock: Keep spreading the net Craig it makes total sense and so does the post of Development Officer, I'm glad you went Dutch.

Samson nor Delilah will play.

Berti got hounded for spreading the net tho i believe he was right to do so as is levein but come on we all know Mackenzie is crap .to be fair i only watch the football league show and cant even remember seein him on it but if he has been watched and plqying well then fair enough.

i was a fan of stevenson when he was here but dont beleive he's international level and only got his call up because of the bristol rumour. surely mcfadden deserves another shot 1st. but not knowing the whole story maybe avril enquired an moyes said it was too soon who knows?

Berti got hounded for spreading the net tho i believe he was right to do so as is levein but come on we all know Mackenzie is crap .to be fair i only watch the football league show and cant even remember seein him on it but if he has been watched and plqying well then fair enough.

i was a fan of stevenson when he was here but dont beleive he's international level and only got his call up because of the bristol rumour. surely mcfadden deserves another shot 1st. but not knowing the whole story maybe avril enquired an moyes said it was too soon who knows?

I agree with all that really. I think Levein is just giving very fringe players a chance to go along and see them for himself and who knows some of the players at lower clubs may show better surrounded by better players which happens.

Scotland team to face Cyprus: McGregor, Whittaker, Bardsley, Berra, G Caldwell, Cowie, Fletcher, Morrison, Miller, Mackie, Robson.

4-5-1

Lost the plot or fair enough? I hope he plays two forwards second half just to see, although this a Fifa ranking game, although I'm glad it's on Council TV, about time too.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guZG_gFqGo8?version=3&feature=player_profilepage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guZG_gFqGo8?version=3&feature=player_profilepage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlIFg0lqhBA?version=3&feature=player_profilepage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlIFg0lqhBA?version=3&feature=player_profilepage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Messi wide right with no right foot, Villa wide left with no left foot. Crazy!

Not a great comparison, but I get your point!

Think it was as good a side as was available. Didn't see much of the game but it looked like a good enough performance without being spectacular. Honking defending for their goal, but we're not exactly blessed with defensive stalwarts so it's not really surprising.

Mackie had a good game but would have beeen more effective on right where he plays for QPR.. Had to snatch at 2 chances with his left but would have scored with his right from the right . Robson was generally poor.

Two pish teams in a pish game highlighted by 3 good goals.

Typical Levien negative tactics.

Mackie had a good game but would have beeen more effective on right where he plays for QPR.. Had to snatch at 2 chances with his left but would have scored with his right from the right . Robson was generally poor.

Two pish teams in a pish game highlighted by 3 good goals.

Typical Levien negative tactics.

So........if the ball was on the left, but he was on the right - how would he have scored?

Not a great comparison, but I get your point!

Think it was as good a side as was available. Didn't see much of the game but it looked like a good enough performance without being spectacular. Honking defending for their goal, but we're not exactly blessed with defensive stalwarts so it's not really surprising.

I wasn't comparing them merely highlighting this tactic isn't exactly new! Although I have heard somebody refer to Robson as a "ginger Messi." Generally heard more people use the ginger part and add their own adjective now.

Levein is doing a fine job. We have progressed well and although I don't agree with all his tactics and choices I can always see the reasoning for his decisions (except the 4-6-0).

Playing Mackie and Robson on the opposite side is a prime example. We need to get as many chances on goal as possible and I suspect both players cutting in and having a go at goal would achieve better results than trying to find the lone Miller with a cross.