Queen's Park 6's 23 June 2012

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I can confirm that we have an invitation to take one team

This has been accepted and we will therefore be entering the Masters and a chance to defend last years plate win

All the Masters team from last year,plus 3 more i think ! will have first option.

We will then fill transport(T.B.A ) with any one else from the team who wish to attend, with priority going to the younger lads who attended last seasons Tournament

Eric,Dave,Mark,Gav,Beej,Elvis,Craig,Steve,-Cal Ross ,rory

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

• 2 weeks later...

Latest news

I have asked Iain if we can have young players in the Masters , this is not allowed and i have withdrawn us from the Masters and put a team in the Main Tounament.

This will allow us to include younger players who were keen to go.

We are allowed a Squad of 10 which will be decided thus!

Any one of the Squad who went last year and are still with the team will have first refusal including the Masters Squad

We can obviously take 16 on the Mini Bus but three seats have been reserved For Sandy Carr, Kev and Colin Heller as a promise i made to them when it looked like we would have one Masters team and struggle to fill the Bus.So we can take a Squad of 10+3 that are not bothered about playing

By my reckoning and looking at Lat years list the AYE'S Are eligible

Eric TBC

Dave AYE

Mark Lsk AYE

Gav S AYE

Beej AYE

Elvis AYE

Craig T AYE

Gav M GOT HIS OWN TEAM NAW

Cal AYE???

Fernie GAVS MCDS TEAM

Ross NOT SURE

Rory AYE

Gareth AYE

Neil AYE

Beavis AYE

That would mean 10 from above, i dont mind dropping out as a player, so that would be a space but a cant see a Keeper:wink::laugh::laugh:

Have i missed any one???

Then we have "Newbies" to the day like Joss, and not sure what Eric's situation will be.

Right now you know , lets have confirmations please!!

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Satrurday 23rd June 2012

Here are the details and draw for this year’s event.

Friday 22nd June – pre tournament gathering upstairs in The Vale Bar, Dundas Street

Saturday 23rd June – tournament starts about 12.15pm (fixtures to follow)

Can all teams and players please arrive at the Social Club at Lesser Hampden by 11.30am (bar opens at 11am) to register, buy programmes, pay entrance fee (£50 per team) etc.

After the group stages the teams will take part in knockout games – Top two in the Ian Younger into quarter finals, the rest into a Plate competition; Top two in the Gary Brooks into semi finals, the rest into a Plate competition.

During the day we will have our usual barbecue and face painting and this year our John “Crossers” Crosbie will attempt to run round the pitch 50 times to raise money for The Dale Jacobs Fund which donates money to MacMillan Cancer Support. Dale, a friend from Leyton Orient, sadly passed away in 2008 after a battle with cancer.

We will also be producing a souvenir programme and please send me anything you wish included by Saturday 9th June.

After the football finishes we will be having the presentations, Football Quiz and a party until midnight.

That’s all I can think of at the moment but if you have any questions please contact me as soon as.

Thanks

Iain