#18 - 03/12/11 - Hearts 1-2 Saints - SPL

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both usually. Its only one level. If you imagine McDiarmid park in that when you come out from the stand, the seats below the walkway would be lower and everything up the stairs is upper.

Cheers, I've been before but only for the Hibs semi so cant really remember too much. Think if I don't eat much between now and then I should be able to afford it :)

Cheers, I've been before but only for the Hibs semi so cant really remember too much. Think if I don't eat much between now and then I should be able to afford it :)

Ye cannae lose then Duncan,losing a weebit excess and watching Saints!:)One of my favourite Saints memories was in Tottens time we took about 3000 fans down and beat them 3-2 iirc and took over the streets outside Tynie after the game,felt like we were a big team!:)

I wonder if we'll have the usual Tynecastle carry on whereby the match is made all ticket so we all have to go to the hassle of buying tickets etc only for Hearts to decide on the Thursday or Friday that they’re going to put a cash gate on at the away end.

I wonder if we'll have the usual Tynecastle carry on whereby the match is made all ticket so we all have to go to the hassle of buying tickets etc only for Hearts to decide on the Thursday or Friday that they’re going to put a cash gate on at the away end.

You're probably right there Thomas, they never appear to learn. Though with the state Hearts are in now they should really just have it as cash turnstiles to encourage more people to attend. Saying that though, I think this has the potential to be one of our largest away attendances for a long time.

For those getting the train, and wanting directions to the Polwarth Tavern.....

1) turn right when you come out of Haymarket station,

2) go round the corner past Ryries pub

3) you are now on Dalry road, walk about 200yds

4) on opposite side of the road there is a Dominos, cross the road and take the road beside dominos (called orwell terrace)

5) go straight ahead, and when this road curves to the left, continue straight ahead through the underpass

6) Turn right onto scumdee street, then take 1st left onto Yeaman Place.

7) walk up the hill, keep straight ahead going past 1st road on the right, then when you get to a crossroads, you are there, the polwarth tavern is across the junction on the right....

EASY!

Edited by bigstu

Ye cannae lose then Duncan,losing a weebit excess and watching Saints!:)One of my favourite Saints memories was in Tottens time we took about 3000 fans down and beat them 3-2 iirc and took over the streets outside Tynie after the game,felt like we were a big team!:)
Terracing at the other end.That season and the one before,we had some of the biggest away supports I have seen following saints.Was magic every game.

4) on opposite side of the road there is a Dominos, cross the road and take the road that beside dominos (called orwell terrace)

5) go straight ahead, and when this road curves to the left, continue straight ahead through the underpass

7) walk up the hill, keep straight ahead going past 1st road on the left, then when you get to a crossroads, you are there, the polwarth tavern is across the junction on the right....

EASY!

Jobs a good un!!!

CYS

Now a Jimmy Stewart Memorial Stanley Hooligans Day

4) on opposite side of the road there is a Dominos, cross the road and take the road beside dominos (called orwell terrace)

7) walk up the hill, keep straight ahead going past 1st road on the right, then when you get to a crossroads, you are there, the polwarth tavern is across the junction on the right....

EASY!

Or jump in a taxi.

Regarding my earlier post about the pre match shindig we're having at the Polwarth. Big Stu and myself have organised with Ben at the Poly that the best way to get cheaper drinks for Saints fans is to produce a card to show the bar staff. This makes it easier for bar staff and fans alike. We will be distributing these in the pub on the day.

Looking forward to seeing you all through next Saturday for some free grub, cheap pints and a good auld sing song on the walk down to Tynecastle.:D

Regarding my earlier post about the pre match shindig we're having at the Polwarth. Big Stu and myself have organised with Ben at the Poly that the best way to get cheaper drinks for Saints fans is to produce a card to show the bar staff. This makes it easier for bar staff and fans alike. We will be distributing these in the pub on the day.

Looking forward to seeing you all through next Saturday for some free grub, cheap pints and a good auld sing song on the walk down to Tynecastle.:D

Just to point out that singing isnt just confined to walking to and at the game.Usually a good sing song at the Poly:wink::razz:.

Just to point out that singing isnt just confined to walking to and at the game.Usually a good sing song at the Poly:wink::razz:.

True, and I was going to say at the Poly but if Big Al found out I was encouraging mass singing at his boozer on the internet he'd no be best pleased :D

Did the rozzers not turn up last time due to our "enthusiasm"?