lomas cautioned by police

dublin saint

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will that mean he is sent to the stand for 30 games following a complaint from Rangers fans claiming the gesture was made at them ?

Hand gesture to Craig Thomson & Glasgows finest give him a caution.

Great to see some passion from a Saints manager.Thank god Thomson wasn`t the ref yesterday ,the **** would have got a couple of pens.

Guess who will be the first ref to send Steve to the stand.

Steve Lomas cautioned by police for making hand gesture to fourth official-

Not got any serious crimes in Glasgow

My reading is that the match commander reported it to the fourth official. However I agree with your point.

They really were just cowardly bullies yesterday. Quite happy to get in among our small support but let the vermin away with all sorts because there are too many of them to deal with.

My reading is that the match commander reported it to the fourth official. However I agree with your point. They really were just cowardly bullies yesterday. Quite happy to get in among our small support but let the vermin away with all sorts because there are too many of them to deal with.

Thought the Glasgow police did themselves a disservice yesterday. The way they stand and watch offensive gestures, chants and ugly behaviour from the home fans and then turn on the small group of visiting fans makes you question whether they even care that much about the law. I stayed until the very end to clap the team - good to see Jody come back from the bench all the way to the Saintees - and there was one nugget who was almost over the barrier making signs at Saints fans. They ignored him for 10 full minutes of what was deliberately provocative behaviour. Shameful bias in the way they police that place.

Edited by soulfulsaint

Thought the Glasgow police did themselves a disservice yesterday. The way they stand and watch offensive gestures, chants and ugly behaviour from the home fans and then turn on the small group of visiting fans makes you question whether they even care that much about the law. I stayed until the very end to clkap the team - good to see Jody come back from the ebnch all the way to the Saintees - and there was one nugget who was almost over the barrier making signs at Saints fans. They ignored him for 10 full minutes of what was deliberately provocative behaviour. Shameful bias in the way they police that place.

Will you put that in print SS? It really should be brought to the attention at a level where something has to be done, especially in the current climate.

It was rediculous. Talk about heavy handed. I didn't see any saints fans committing any offences worthy of getting flung out over.

They not only had 10-15 police among us, they had hand held video cameras filming us.

It's no wonder they miss all the bile spouted from the home end when the police presence covering a few hundred away fans significantly outnumbered the police watching the entire home support.

Laughable behaviour from the "Strathclyde's finest"

Lomas's caution may be but not what you and others are highlighting about the policing of both sets of supporters. That needs a wider audience than the supporters forums it appears in most weeks with the attitude of 'What's the point? Nothing will change'.

Given the long over due apparent wind of change towards the OF support, the time would appear right to extend their examination to the special treatment they get from the police.

It was nice to hear the problems with the OF & policing being aired on Radio Scotland yesterday after both Aberdeen and Motherwell fans rang in to complain about the Motherwell fans being ejected yesterday for standing up.

The complaint from both sets of fans was that the OF are always allowed to do what they like with no interference from the police or stewards, yet yesterday after only one warning they were ejecting 14 year olds.

For once it was treated with respect and not the usual jibes about the wee teams feeling hard done by.

It was nice to hear the problems with the OF & policing being aired on Radio Scotland yesterday after both Aberdeen and Motherwell fans rang in to complain about the Motherwell fans being ejected yesterday for standing up.

The complaint from both sets of fans was that the OF are always allowed to do what they like with no interference from the police or stewards, yet yesterday after only one warning they were ejecting 14 year olds.

For once it was treated with respect and not the usual jibes about the wee teams feeling hard done by.

Easy way to solve that problem..........GET BACK TO TERRACING...... :cool:

I was in the row behind the Saints supporter who was thrown out. He literally said nothing throughout the whole first half. It was his mate sitting beside him who was shouting abuse at the Rangers fans (but nothing which would have been worthy of ejection from the stadium anyway).

At one point, the latter shouted, '****ing poofs!', in response to the Rangers supporters shouting similar abuse. Immediately the steward came over to the Saints supporter and said, 'Your remarks could be construed as homophobic and might land you in jail. The Rangers supporters are idiots who are trying to set you up. They always do it. Don't let them.'

Maybe next time we should go wearing Rangers scarfs ( bit o/t i know and i ken some have delicate skins to even consider wearing such an item ) but they migh just go outside and do some of the buses for having threadbare seats.

£12 to park yer bus -jeezus ....lets charge them £50 a bus and see how they like that......The receipt didnt have a VAT number on it.

Maybe next time we should go wearing Rangers scarfs ( bit o/t i know and i ken some have delicate skins to even consider wearing such an item ) but they migh just go outside and do some of the buses for having threadbare seats.

£12 to park yer bus -jeezus ....lets charge them £50 a bus and see how they like that......The receipt didnt have a VAT number on it.

write to HMRC they might look into this with the rest of their Dodges. :laugh:

Interesting. Neil Lennon can stand on the sidelines and call the referee a cheating fu*king **** *** *** *** *** ***** **** *** *** fu*ker and nothing happens. Steve Lomas simply puts a few of those comments into a hand gesture and all of a sudden the police step in? I'd much rather someone raised a one finger salute than stood on the sideline like a maniac spitting with rage turning the air blue.

At the end of the day it was stupid but he's a young manager and hopefully he'll learn to reign it in a bit. If he does it again and again (like Lennon) then fair enough punish him.

Interesting. Neil Lennon can stand on the sidelines and call the referee a cheating fu*king **** *** *** *** *** ***** **** *** *** fu*ker and nothing happens. Steve Lomas simply puts a few of those comments into a hand gesture and all of a sudden the police step in? I'd much rather someone raised a one finger salute than stood on the sideline like a maniac spitting with rage turning the air blue.

At the end of the day it was stupid but he's a young manager and hopefully he'll learn to reign it in a bit. If he does it again and again (like Lennon) then fair enough punish him.

it appears that Thomson saw the hand gesture and advised the ref who on Thomsons advice dealt with it by a verbal warning. Therefore no more action form the SFA unless the compliance officer gets a complaint from someone and they use video evidence. Whats the chances that a Rangers fan reports him.