#20 - 13/12/12 - Saints 1-2 Aberdeen - SPL

I turned to the guy next to us last night when he was shouting that the team were absolute rubbish and asked how he could say something like that in these conditions, Yes we are all disappointed but lets be sensible about it we are still in 4th place.

Any team in the SPL be it the OF or ourseles will struggle when you rip the spine out of the normal starting 11. 2 central midfielders, 2 strikers and a central defender all out injured.

Have faith they will get it right and get the injured players back. Good to see that we are not rushing the players back something which we were guilty of in the past. Having seen what Jody is doing as part of his rehab they really are making him work on strengthening his hamstring before they get him back on the park.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned to the guy next to us last night when he was shouting that the team were absolute rubbish and asked how he could say something like that in these conditions, Yes we are all disappointed but lets be sensible about it we are still in 4th place.

Any team in the SPL be it the OF or ourseles will struggle when you rip the spine out of the normal starting 11. 2 central midfielders, 2 strikers and a central defender all out injured.

Have faith they will get it right and get the injured players back. Good to see that we are not rushing the players back something which we were guilty of in the past. Having seen what Jody is doing as part of his rehab they really are making him work on strengthening his hamstring before they get him back on the park.

I was most disappointed, as were most Saints fans, with the level of performance. However, its very difficult to perform in such atrocious conditions.

Aberdeen seemed to cope with the conditions slightly better, which you would possibly expect thru playing in their windy hell hole of a stadium every second week.

It all came down to who made the least mistakes in these conditions.

Unfortuneately it was us who made the mistakes.

We are going to get setbacks before the season is done.

Cut out the indivdual errors and were back in with a shout.

I must be blind to then as i thought Murray was our best player by a mile and said it to my mate at the game!!
yer right you must be. I sat and watched the game wi my auldman who played for various teams in england back in the days when players could play football. His words to me, that laddie wouldnae get tae carry the strips oop day and hes meant tae be a player. Kinda summed it up for me

yer right you must be. I sat and watched the game wi my auldman who played for various teams in england back in the days when players could play football. His words to me, that laddie wouldnae get tae carry the strips oop day and hes meant tae be a player. Kinda summed it up for me

I rate J Adams as a player that can play the role equally well but you seem to have something against Davidson and I don't quite get it.

What is wrong with his game? He's a battling midfielder, he covers every blade of grass, puts his body on the line and doesn't allow the opposition a minute's peace.

He's not bad with the ball at his feet and you'd fancy him to win nearly all arial battles. He might crumble when it comes to netting the ball but he deserves a lot more credit than you give him.

I also noticed you keep ignoring my question regarding when our squad was stronger than our current crop of players?

I rate J Adams as a player that can play the role equally well but you seem to have something against Davidson and I don't quite get it.

What is wrong with his game? He's a battling midfielder, he covers every blade of grass, puts his body on the line and doesn't allow the opposition a minute's peace.

He's not bad with the ball at his feet and you'd fancy him to win nearly all arial battles. He might crumble when it comes to netting the ball but he deserves a lot more credit than you give him.

I also noticed you keep ignoring my question regarding when our squad was stronger than our current crop of players?

ok smartarse lets set a thing or 2 straight. First,i have nothing against davidson just dont think he is the player he is made out to be, hes average no more no less. Now to the question you seem to be creaming yourself over, the squad. Now i'm neither an anorak nor statician so off the top of my head you could argue a squad in tottens era was stronger but its all opinions. You give me your argument for this squad being strongest

ok smartarse lets set a thing or 2 straight. First,i have nothing against davidson just dont think he is the player he is made out to be, hes average no more no less. Now to the question you seem to be creaming yourself over, the squad. Now i'm neither an anorak nor statician so off the top of my head you could argue a squad in tottens era was stronger but its all opinions. You give me your argument for this squad being strongest

I think the first 11 in Totten's time was close to as good as this time - as a squad, I think this one is far stronger. Now if you'd said Sturrock/early Clark squad was stronger, you'd have been nearer the mark.

ok smartarse lets set a thing or 2 straight. First,i have nothing against davidson just dont think he is the player he is made out to be, hes average no more no less.

Successive Saints managers - value Murray at close to a million pounds and have him as one of the first names on the team sheet

Rangers manager - makes a bid for Murray as he thinks he is good enough to play at a higher level

Scotland manager - calls Murray up to Scotland squad as he rates him as one of brightest talents in Scottish football

Guy on an internet forum - thinks Murray is "average no more no less"

I am sure he will be gutted.

Successive Saints managers - value Murray at close to a million pounds and have him as one of the first names on the team sheet

Rangers manager - makes a bid for Murray as he thinks he is good enough to play at a higher level

Scotland manager - calls Murray up to Scotland squad as he rates him as one of brightest talents in Scottish football

Guy on an internet forum - thinks Murray is "average no more no less"

I am sure he will be gutted.

Another smartarse

Murray is either your cup of tea or not. Obviously you are in the no camp.

The lad is tall, athletic, combative everyhing you need in a young midfielder. The fact that he gets into the position in the box where people say he misses chances is to his credit. If he was a scorer he would be the complete player and playing in the Premiership. But that will come he is still only 22/23. Midfielders don 't usually peak until late 20s early 30s.

Great prospect. But I doubt if some will ever give him the chance or the credit he deserves..

Murray is either your cup of tea or not. Obviously you are in the no camp.

The lad is tall, athletic, combative everyhing you need in a young midfielder. The fact that he gets into the position in the box where people say he misses chances is to his credit. If he was a scorer he would be the complete player and playing in the Premiership. But that will come he is still only 22/23. Midfielders don 't usually peak until late 20s early 30s.

Great prospect. But I doubt if some will ever give him the chance or the credit he deserves..

Nail. Head.

Particularly the bit about him not being here had he scored more goals.

How can anyone say this is 1 of our strongest ever squads when we have very little upfront? Morris, Moon and Wright out and our defense and midfield look pretty mediocre.

Fwiw I think Adams is better than muzz but would have both in the starting line up every week.

How can anyone say this is 1 of our strongest ever squads when we have very little upfront? Morris, Moon and Wright out and our defense and midfield look pretty mediocre.

Fwiw I think Adams is better than muzz but would have both in the starting line up every week.

you take out puyol xavi cesc villa and messi out the barca team and see how they get on?

as regards up front - we have fran an sheridan. haber carl higgins and parkin. not to mention May (loan) strong enough for me