#36 - 28/03/12 - Inverness CT 0-1 Saints - SPL

If we aint at home in Perth for the first game of the new year, the place I would most like to be for a game is Inverness so I am delighted with this fixture. Not because I think it will be an easy game ( because It will certainly not be) but because I love going up there. Good , friendly people and great craic. A lovely drive up, a few shandies and a good laugh.

Hopefully we can go with the same starting 11 ( although Chris Millar looked to have ****ed his hammy last night so will probably be out). We will need to on top of our game if we are to continue our wonderful away record and I get the impression that ICT are a bit better than their league position might suggest although I did think that thay would be Hibs last night so maybe I am giving them too much credit???

Anyway as I said, looking forward to the trip . Should be a good Saints support who as usual for away games will be vocal and get right behind the guys..

2-1 Saints..COYS:D

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a game I would love to go to. It's building up to be a real firecracker. ICT on a mini run (WD). Saints back on track and playing with confidence. I see they have Richie Foran out for them (suspended) but they can be a handful at the best of times, just been so inconsistent this year to date. I feel we can sneak a close win. Hope there is a loud away support to get behind The Saints.

Don't think it should be too much of a hard decision for Lomas . . . .

If Davidson doesn't make it, in comes Maybury

Miller is out so in should come Finnigan

He's impressed me what I've seen of him so far! Miller gets a hard time from a lot of people, I understand why sometimes as his decision making / final ball isnt great, but he does a power of running and always gives 100%. Finnigan is a similair player in terms of workrate and will run all day!

Edited by Saint GB
Typo

He's impressed me what I've seen of him so far! Miller gets a hard time from a lot of people, I understand why sometimes as his decision making / final ball is great, but he does a power of running and always gives 100%. Finnigan is a similair player in terms of workrate and will run all day!

His other option is to push McKay on one put Maybury in at Right back drop Craig back in to left back and bring in Gibson.

He's impressed me what I've seen of him so far! Miller gets a hard time from a lot of people, I understand why sometimes as his decision making / final ball isnt great, but he does a power of running and always gives 100%. Finnigan is a similair player in terms of workrate and will run all day!

I would agree with this, and I kind of think that Lomas will go with it. I think Finnigan is suited to that role in the team, although he came to Saints as a striker. He is good with the ball at his feet, and can feed Haber and Sandaza.

I would suggest that the other option is to play Mooner in place of Miller, but I hope he doesn't. Moon is a great back up for Jody, and ideal as a holding player in a 5 man midfield, but not in a wide creative role.

Maybury is more than able to fill in at left back.

I reckon we'll win this game comfortably. I think things are really beginning to click, and tails are up after 2 wins. I can see it all going right soon and us handing out a humping. I have a hunch that this is that day. When was the last time we scored 5 in a game? Arbroath in the cup last year? (6-0).

'mon