Sandaza

robinsaint

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt as I expect all this talk to die down after we play them. Does anyone know where Fran stays could set up a Greenham Common type camp until he signs for us ***.

That's what I think too....I've heard that he'll be here til the end of the season and then off down the road. I just wondered if this was just a "West Coast Hack" story or had more substance...

Tommorows Daily Express expects Sandancer to sign a Pre contract this week.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure the Daily Mail published the same shite last week. Didn't happen then and I'd be gobsmacked if it happened this week, especially with the new shitty terms.

just seen this on skys transfer center had to chuckle:-

Rangers manager Ally McCoist admits he is interested in striker Javi Guerra and has been monitoring his progress at Real Valladolid.

McCoist confirmed reports he had been watching the 29-year-old, who has scored 37 goals in 60 games for his club during the past two seasons, but he was coy over the likelihood of a January move for the player.

McCoist told the club's Blues News: "I don't like discussing other team's players but he's very good. We've been watching a lot of games.

"Valladolid are going well in the second tier in Spanish football just now and he has been battering in all sorts of goals.

no of course you dont Ally

I

Maybe Lomas' reported interest in Healey might lead to a swap. Might be some merit in that IMO, but I don't believe the press speculation.

Although it hasn't really worked out for Healey at Rangers (and he has looked a bit of a muppet at times), coming to a team like us might be a good move for him.

If and when Sandaza goes, a striker of Healeys type would be a good acquisition for us I reckon

I like a conspiracy theory, but with all the hype this week, who wonders if Sandaza might ask not to play on Saturday, expecting to sign next week, and then fat Ally pulls the plug on Monday?

I would hope that Sandaza would be professional enough to play on Saturday. I get what you are thinking though.

I am actually starting to get annoyed at the Sandaza situation and would feel some kind of betrayal if he went to Rangers (unjustified, I know), particulalry if he did choose not to play at the weekend.

We have been good for him (and him us) and we need the points as much as them to continue with our current league position and ambition to get into Europe. On Saturday, he will still be a Saints player regardless and he should therefore want to try his hardest to get Saints the points

But he will also know how pathetic the Gers fans are, and that if he scores against them and then signs, they'll probably boo him forever more.

I don't think so...it may actually make them want him more...

My concern is more Sandaza thinking about what a defeat could mean to his 'new' teams chances of winning the title

Its really sweet that you are so naive :)

If he gets the chance to increase his wages by 3/4 times and play for a team near the top of the league then he is going, no matter what he says.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but players don't care about clubs. They are interested only in making the best for themselves on the best wages. i don't blame them. If another boozer offered me bigger wages i would go to.

well he will not be doing that if he goes to ibrox:roll::confused:

Personally, I think Rangers are only trying to get Fran on a PCA as a fall back, and that is why they haven't pursued an immediate deal. The PCA means they can delay until the end of the window, knowing they can offer saints a smallish fee at the 11th hour and get a striker who will do a job.

I expect that Fran is either going to join rangers on the 31st January, or be dropped like a stone via a get out clause in May. Rangers will have Naismith back for next season, so the only reason to buy Fran in May would be if all their other options fail.

I find this a fairly unpleasant situation, and feel for the player. He has been put in a no win situation, because turning rangers down could affect his saleability in May.

But it would (a) secure him here until May (B) ensure he isn't stuck for options due to a big fee, meaning he would be in a strong position to further his career, and © Saints get a small fee to cover any costs incurred from January-May. Win-win situation.

If he gets injured, he can stay without risk of being out of contract.

To clarify, I mean £100k post May, with no get out clause before May.

Lets wait to see what happens and go from there as i wouldn't believe the date in some of the papers...

I would rather see him play and we get 3 points , Christ if they hit administration and loose 10-25 points we may get that 3rd spot with a chance of higher.

And all this is if they can offload Jelavic who seems to have picked up an injury...

But it would (a) secure him here until May (B) ensure he isn't stuck for options due to a big fee, meaning he would be in a strong position to further his career, and © Saints get a small fee to cover any costs incurred from January-May. Win-win situation.

If he gets injured, he can stay without risk of being out of contract.

To clarify, I mean £100k post May, with no get out clause before May.

a) He's already tied to the club til May. If he wants to stay til May he will. B) If he wants to keep his options open why include any fee? c) If he wants to stay his goals will help Saints financially by finishing 3rd or 4th. It makes no sense for him, and purely him not Saints, to sign any contract. To be honset I think the whole Rangers story might be just publicity. Rangers look like they are trying to sign somebody and Fran gets his name mentioned a lot. Undoubtedly when he does sign for somebody else the first question from certain papers will be why didn't he sign for the Gers, even though they didn't put in a bid? Very good example of this but I don't want any part in ramming.