Sandaza

robinsaint

STV news report that Sandaza's agent expects him to move on when his current contract ends.

Must say if I was Sandaza I'd sign the deal. He'll get a move in the summer anyway, pick up some more money between now and then and will help Saints earn a few quid. Seems a fair deal to me.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agent says the offer was generous, but not what they are after. This season has been mutually beneficial, and he is the best striker in the SPL.

Not sure how to take that. Sounds like agent talk bigging up the player. As said previously, there are other reasons to stay. Cooking, and a suggestion of a local lady friend (anonymous source of info)

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

His agent has just been on STV confirming what Montrosesaintee reported. At least it seems certain that he will be here to help our drive for Europe. To be fair to the agent, he did praise us for the improved offer of terms but sounds like he is, and always has been, set on a move to a bigger/European club. Fair play to him.

I tihink he'll only sign a contract if it had a very low release fee. You say he'll get a move in the summer but there will always be some question over his injury record and that may put off a lot of clubs. From the players point of view, why risk putting off potential clubs when he can leave for free? Hope he signs and stays as he's a good player who entertains.

Agent says the offer was generous, but not what they are after. This season has been mutually beneficial, and he is the best striker in the SPL.

Not sure how to take that. Sounds like agent talk bigging up the player. As said previously, there are other reasons to stay. Cooking, and a suggestion of a local lady friend (anonymous source of info)

He does indeed have someone who he is keen :) on but don't think it will be enough to make him stay. I hope that he stays on but as others have said will wish him all the best, however my advice to him is stay clear of the OF.

The stv report suggests that his agent is looking for an immediate move as a priority, which would give us some cash I guess. I must say that the offer from saints at least put the ball in his court, and we will know very shortly where his priorities lie. I hope forbid sake he avoids the OF. He would play for rangers until may and then be a bench warmer when naismith is fit again.

If he stays until may, I think we can make it into europe. Then his free transfer is worth the loss of a small fee now.

It's a win win situation for the club really.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

He has nothing to prove in Scotland. Other than the promise of European football, I can't see why moving to either of the OF would attract him.

hi agent sounds a bit of a d*** in all honesty, but my reading of that interview is that he will see his contract out, or get a shed load of cash for "the best striker in Scotland" we have helped him and he has helped us, we were never going to be able to hang on to him for any serious length of time.

its a shame, but enjoy him while he,s here.

Seems to me that we need to get a non-OF fans campaign going to let Fran know what it is like (5h1t) to have the OF dominating Scottish football and how good it would be if he told them to FO and help us get into Europe. And how good it would be for the rest of Scottish fitba. Unlikely I know.

Be daft to go to Rangers, but can see the temptation as a player probably not remotely interested in the bigotry that puts our backs up towards the OF. For a foreign player the pull of champions league football, 50,000 fans and not being 'one of the rest of scottish football'.

Will make it all the sweeter when we gub them to finish 3rd and Celtic win the league by a point. *wakes up*

Seems to me that we need to get a non-OF fans campaign going to let Fran know what it is like (5h1t) to have the OF dominating Scottish football and how good it would be if he told them to FO and help us get into Europe. And how good it would be for the rest of Scottish fitba. Unlikely I know.

You really think Sandaza would care about the old firm dominating Scottish football?

All he's interested in is maximising his income....like every other footballer. 99% of the folk on here would do exactly the same. As much as we can kid ourselves, Saints are just like any other team he's played for. Theres no love or loyalty. As soon as a better offer comes in, he'l be off. And to be honest, I dont blame him. He has the ability, why not go and grab treble what were paying?

Saying that...I dont think it would be the end of the world for him to take the payrise with a Minimum fee release clause in his contract with us, then activate it in the summer and move.

You really think Sandaza would care about the old firm dominating Scottish football?

All he's interested in is maximising his income....like every other footballer. 99% of the folk on here would do exactly the same. As much as we can kid ourselves, Saints are just like any other team he's played for. Theres no love or loyalty. As soon as a better offer comes in, he'l be off. And to be honest, I dont blame him. He has the ability, why not go and grab treble what were paying?

Saying that...I dont think it would be the end of the world for him to take the payrise with a Minimum fee release clause in his contract with us, then activate it in the summer and move.

There speaks a man who took Kinrossie's money to turn his back on his beloved PSJ!

Though in fairness you are completely correct in what you say.

I am deligted by the news. Fran IS staying with Saints till the seasons end. That'll do me nicely.. Afterwards he can do as he pleases and I will be delighted for him.

For Saints, this is not about money it's about a great chance to have a great season. He cost us nothing and we will get nothing for him. I can live with that. Hopefully the board will feel EXACTLY the same way.

And actually, in the long run it's probably good for us that we aint over extending ourselves financially. Of course if his agent was really smart, he might say lets sign, lets get a £250,000 release clause in the contract, take the extra wages for the rest of the season and still get a move come the seasons end...

And finally it may be a bit risky should Fran get a serious injury at some point near the seasons end. If he has a contract with saints, he still gets paid but if not and he is out for say 6 months he's ****ed..

Certainly plenty to think about:D

NO player is bigger than the club - if he wants to go -lt him go -someone else will come into his position ........I Dont think he will make the grade at either of the OF as they will expect him to work and score at every touch AND when they get on his back he will fall apart and Move again.

Id take whatever money the club can get now .