Sandaza

robinsaint

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has one leg, walks with a stick, completely blind, suffers badly from nerves and frequently vomits upon receipt of the ball, and repeatedly gets red carded for swearing at the referee, most recently before the match had kicked off.

You omitted to mention his great fear of the deep south.::)

I'm hoping Steve Lomas got some decent cook books from Santa.

Mother-in-Law got given a tapas cook book by her neighbour - she is keeping it for a 'decent' period as her neighbour will pop-in; it's then coming to me (she doesn't cook foreign food). I'll happily pop up to Perth to prepare some nice tapas for Fran if that helps in keeping him with us.

Anyway - good luck to BC against the south coast saints. Hopefully the first of a ten game winning streak that will see BC mid-table and not needing Fran.

Thats twice Del has beaten the saints,we done them at our place a month ago 2 nill.

Like to mention that the Saints havnt been beaten at home in 2011,so Del goes and ruins that record in the 11th hour :)

Not a bad turn out from our fans,we took over 2k out of a crowd of 30k

robinsaint

We won’t listen to hard sell

By ROBERT THOMSON

Published: Today

chicklet-comments.gif Add a comment

MURRAY DAVIDSON is adamant transfer speculation won't turn anyone's head at St Johnstone.

The Scotland fringe man has been linked with Rangers and former Perth boss Derek McInnes at Bristol City.

That saw Saints successor Steve Lomas slap a £1million price tag on Davidson's head.

Now in-form striker Fran Sandaza's impressive 12 goals in 16 starts have him in the limelight.

McInnes and the Old Firm are said to tracking the Spaniard's progress after he bounced back from a four-game lay-off with three goals in two games.

Davidson, the subject of a £250,000 bid from Gers which was booted out by Saints in the summer, said: "I'm sure the end of the transfer window can't come soon enough for the manager.

"Naturally he will be keen to keep this squad together through to the summer and maybe even add to it in January if he gets the chance.

"No one knows what lies ahead, but we are all professional enough here to handle any speculation over the next few weeks.

"The team has been doing well, so if people are taking notice of lads here it's got to be good for St Johnstone.

"I'm sure our fans will think it's better putting up with all the speculation than no one showing any interest because their team has been struggling.

"I have come through two windows when there was talk of clubs coming in, but I'm still here and concentrating on doing a job for St Johnstone.

"That's the way it will be until I am told different.

"Obviously Fran's goalscoring record is attracting attention and there's no doubt he is a big player for us.

"He weighs in with all sorts of goals. His two against Kilmarnock were all about being in the right place.

"Everyone here knows what Fran brings to the team.

"Last season we played some good stuff but couldn't round it off with goals. Now we are scoring again and we're competing for the top-six places.

"But we have other players like Marcus Haber, Carl Finnigan, Sam Parkin and, of course, Cillian Sheridan who can score goals and can benefit from playing alongside a striker like Fran.

"We worked hard to get that midweek win against Kilmarnock and it was good to give our fans a performance and a win at McDiarmid after some disappointing home results.

"Now we go up to Inverness on Monday and we are expecting another difficult game.

"But we are keen to give our travelling fans something to cheer about and start the New Year in style.

"We have a good away record and there should be a few more going with us up the road on the back of the midweek win.

"They spend a lot of money following us and always make themselves heard at away grounds. It's important they appreciate how much it means to the lads that they are right behind us."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4029763/We-wont-listen-to-hard-sell.html#ixzz1i7PEiLAJ

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

"has offered the Spanish striker a new two-and-a-half year contract on vastly-improved term to keep him in Perth."

"Express Sport understands that the 27-year-old, former Dundee United and Brighton star, has been offered more than what some of Rangers’ more recent arrivals are currently on."

Who is financing that?! Geoff digging deep in his own pockets again? A sign of fantastic ambition by the club or just a load of ol' tosh?

Best player I have seen in a Saints shirt, and I've been watching them since 1983. Easily championship standard. Possibly the best striker in the SPL at this point in time. I think every Saints fan would be gutted to see him go, and I suspect that any club wanting to land him in January will have to pay handsomely for him. Our new manager and chairman have made it clear they want him to stay.
What about Joe Reid???