#24 - 07/01/12 Saints 2-1 Brechin City - Scottish Cup

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great game today, we were really poor and didnt look interested - we are through to the next round though and thats all that matters. Job done :D

Hope we are not gloing to be subject to some peoples in depth analysis on who was good, who wasnt, this isnt good enough etc.

Yeah we were crap, but we are through, so lets all keep calm and give the players a break!!!

Not a great game today, we were really poor and didnt look interested - we are through to the next round though and thats all that matters. Job done :D

Hope we are not gloing to be subject to some peoples in depth analysis on who was good, who wasnt, this isnt good enough etc.

Yeah we were crap, but we are through, so lets all keep calm and give the players a break!!!

Yes poor show, no wonder there are only 2000 die hard fans. Morris is a liability & Finnigan is not a right sided midfielder. Where would we be without Fran & Ando.

Best that can be said for that is at least we are through. Poor overall and the early goal seemed to work against us as we thought that would be enough to ease us through.

Their equaliser kinda summed up the day and Morris had one of his poorest games in a while...but then again, not sure many of them covered themselves in glory.

Still be interesting to see who we get in the next round.

Best that can be said for that is at least we are through. Poor overall and the early goal seemed to work against us as we thought that would be enough to ease us through.

Their equaliser kinda summed up the day and Morris had one of his poorest games in a while...but then again, not sure many of them covered themselves in glory.

Still be interesting to see who we get in the next round.

that's a fair summary for me.

Yes poor show, no wonder there are only 2000 die hard fans. Morris is a liability & Finnigan is not a right sided midfielder. Where would we be without Fran & Ando.

I dont think Morris was any better or worse than 8 others today, he was no worse than Davidson who's control worsens by the week. How many chances did he waste today.. 5 or 6?

I thought Morris had a shaky 15-20 mins but we were playing a team with 9 in defence for large parts of the game and it was always a banana skin.

My main concern was too many players looking like they expected to stroll the game (Craig, Mackay and Haber excluded).

After some thinking on the drive home I've decided I'm done with home games, I'll stick to away games from now on as I'm sick of the idiots shouting "pass it forward" constantly when there's nothing on and so called fans personally abusing their own team. Some so called saints fan sat near me started screaming something along the lines of "f**k off you wee baldy faggot" at Morris when we were 2-1 up. There's nowt like getting behind your team.

It's not an enjoyable experience at home any more and I don't think any gimmicks from the club will change that in reality.

Dreadful game. Morris had some howlers, especially for the equaliser, but then nobody was running for him, you could see how frustrated he was. Mackay was the best player by a mile. Put as much effort in as the other 10 put together. Davidson had some terrible touches. Really really poor. Haber was fouled all afternoon, until the boy got red carded in injury time. Ref was terrible.

Credit to Brechin, they gave it everything. Decent support too.

We are through, and we have the best right back in Scotland. Look on the bright side eh.

Extremely disapointed that mannus didnt play today, even more so as it hought enckleman disnt play well. He needs to be more vocal and to have some confidence in himself, he is one of ( mabye the) best shot stoppers in this league but his desicion making is pants, it was a terrible back pass by morris but encks should have comitted himself properly and but his boot through it, if he sorts that out his game then he will be the best keeper in this league. Anderson motm by a clear mile and is one of the players of the season for us