Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apologies for starting a new thread, but the Rangers situation has been discussed on several different ones, and I wanted to share the latest news I have just heard....

Strathclyde Police have been officially asked to look at putting together a policing plan should administrators turn up at Ibrox

Apologies for starting a new thread, but the Rangers situation has been discussed on several different ones, and I wanted to share the latest news I have just heard....

Strathclyde Police have been officially asked to look at putting together a policing plan should administrators turn up at Ibrox

Sounds like a job for the "Thunderbirds" team.........5.......4.......3........2.......1....we have lift off........Rangers are Gone..

Just been reading some of the newspaper reports from the last week or so, but they are all massively short on facts. I assume Whyte has some sort of gagging order on the press? Its a shocking state of affairs, but I can see the outcome being many many months away yet. Suggestion is that if HMRC lose this stage, then the appeal process will end up in the House of Lords. It could be years before a decision is finalised.

The problem with the length of the process is that the press get bored, because it ceases to be scandalous enough, and it peters out into nothing, and the guilty party always seems to slip through the net in the end.

Folk are wishing for too much. If they go into admin all that'll happen is a points penalty, that will only really effect Celtic, and then life will go on as before a la Dundee, Motherwell and Livi. If people think Rangers are going to be wiped off the map then I suspect they're wrong.

David Murray is one hell of a con merchant. Amazing this all lands at the feet of Whyte, sure he is not without his dodgy goings on but this is all the fault of Murray and co.

These ex-board members keep appearing saying there is yet more to come out - and how they know it since they were the ones that created it.

Loving it though, keep it up.

Folk are wishing for too much. If they go into admin all that'll happen is a points penalty, that will only really effect Celtic, and then life will go on as before a la Dundee, Motherwell and Livi. If people think Rangers are going to be wiped off the map then I suspect they're wrong.

I do believe there is far more money sitting in the main stands at Ibrox than that of the other mentioned clubs, I don't think there will ever be an end to Rangers.

they won't disappear for one simple reason... the SPL will want Rangers in it to keep the SKY money & sponsorship money coming in. Granted a 2 horse race is crap but a 1 horse race will drive the sponsors away and the SKY deal is ment to guarantee 4 OF games a season! Also given the number of clubs with the banks looking over their shoulders pressure will be there to let them back in... IF the existing club is liquidated

Craig WHite is no fool take them into administration get his money back from Lloyds, as per the takeover agreement, who join the rest of the creditors in the queue, and then start again after the administrator has got an agreement to 5p in the £.

If he knows this is going to happen then taht will explain why there were no purchases as they players would be sold off or released by the administrator.

Just been reading some of the newspaper reports from the last week or so, but they are all massively short on facts. I assume Whyte has some sort of gagging order on the press? Its a shocking state of affairs, but I can see the outcome being many many months away yet. Suggestion is that if HMRC lose this stage, then the appeal process will end up in the House of Lords. It could be years before a decision is finalised.

The problem with the length of the process is that the press get bored, because it ceases to be scandalous enough, and it peters out into nothing, and the guilty party always seems to slip through the net in the end.

I agree with you, but I would say that the journalists in the Glasgow based media, have been wined and dined in the past by Rangers, so that they would be kept onside by the club, listening to them on RS or Clyde is embarressing at times, sounds like they're about to burst into tears now, the media in this counrty don't like printing facts and would rather print non-stories about other clubs than the facts about Rangers, that though has its good points, I first heard about the A word and Rangers back in 2004, and with the press siting on the story and now only putting it into print, its far to late for them or anybody else to save their precious club, I hope its a slow painful death.

I agree with you, but I would say that the journalists in the Glasgow based media, have been wined and dined in the past by Rangers, so that they would be kept onside by the club, listening to them on RS or Clyde is embarressing at times, sounds like they're about to burst into tears now, the media in this counrty don't like printing facts and would rather print non-stories about other clubs than the facts about Rangers, that though has its good points, I first heard about the A word and Rangers back in 2004, and with the press siting on the story and now only putting it into print, its far to late for them or anybody else to save their precious club, I hope its a slow painful death.

This is not a loaded question Eric, what do you think would happen to Celtic if Rangers did go under? Would they also suffer? It is already difficult to attract a certain standard of player to participate in a two horse race, but there is the lure I guess of the age old battle against the Gers....what if that challenge disappeared? Would players be interested in a one horse race, or would the standard at Celtic drop as well as a result and perhaps see the gap to the teams below the OF close slightly?

That's exactly what I was discussing with a Celtic fan yesterday Edstar. We know how much the TV revenue is wieghted in favour of the OF (and I'm not on the windup Eric, its plain to see why it is that way), would Sky or ESPN be remotely interested in a one horse race? Would Celtic get 60% of the money and the other 11 teams split the rest? I think not.

However, Rangers have a massive supporter base. They will probably survive administration like Dundee did, and move on. However, they will move on with crowds of 40,000+, and that alone will enable them to build a better and more competetive squad than any other team in the league.

We have seen this year and last that the gap between the OF and Motherwell and Hearts in particular is smaller than it has ever been. Imagine how competetive Motherwell could be if you quadrupled their income stream! No disrespect to Celtic, but their squad is the least valuable that I can remember. I don't see that negatively. Young lads like Forrest are fantastic players. It just shows that some smart player buys can pay off so much better than buying a proven superstar for a price inflated in line with his ego.

Really, what I am saying is that you could completely pull the rug out from under Rangers' feet and the pheonix will still be more competetive than the other 10 teams in the SPL.

If they go into administration in the closed season, I think it will be interesting to see the SFA squirm about the possibility of relegating them. THe SPL cannot survive as it is without at least 2 competetive teams.

What this may do for Scottish football is stop the established norm of operating with manageable debt, because those days are no longer sustainable. I'd like to think that it will reduce the OF's buying of 'designer brand' players, and work harder on finding talented players not yet on the radar of the big time. That can only be good for Scotland, and Scottish football. It will also improve the overall viability of smaller teams' youth projects, as talented young players will again have a value.

It's wishful thinking, I'd love to see a time in Scottish football where all teams had their debt wiped out, and they were automatically penalised points for going into debt. A point for every £100k in the red for example. The OF would still dominate, but because of the supporters, not because of the fat bank manager and crooked operations.

Its hard to say what would happen to Celtic and Scottish football if Rangers died, I would like to see theie fans hopefully going to see clubs nearer home, thuus giving the rest of the league more money at the gates, I do think we could survive without the tv deal as its a pittence anyway compared to othe countries, although I do see all this as irrelevant as I think all the stops will be pulled out to keep Rangers going, Edstar I agree with your last post, they deserve all that they should get coming to them after their years of cheating, but I doubt they will get much more than a standard points deduction.

going back to my other point re, Scottish media, I hear they've printed a non-story today regarding Alan McGregor and Alan Thompson, these guy should be ashamed to call themselves journalists, making up stories to deflect from the real problems in the Scottish game

Tv deal is based on 12 teams, that will include rangers and Celtic, put in place so if either or both join the "Atlantic" league then it would be renegotiated.

Same applies if one goes bust.

Sky/ESPN would be able to negotiate a new deal on their own terms and our deal would fall as the viewing figures would.

I say screw the tv deal. Less games on tv may mean more turning up for games and I creased revenue for the smaller clubs. If Celtic are left then they would be on their own on terms of revenue.

Spl would need to change too as the 11-1 split is all good when rangers and celtic vote against all that is good towards the small teams, when its 11-1 with one big team voting against then it looks like the smaller teams hold all the aces.

If you think its a good thing or not. It's reality if they go bust.

Tv deal is based on 12 teams, that will include rangers and Celtic, put in place so if either or both join the "Atlantic" league then it would be renegotiated.

Same applies if one goes bust.

Sky/ESPN would be able to negotiate a new deal on their own terms and our deal would fall as the viewing figures would.

I say screw the tv deal. Less games on tv may mean more turning up for games and I creased revenue for the smaller clubs. If Celtic are left then they would be on their own on terms of revenue.

Spl would need to change too as the 11-1 split is all good when rangers and celtic vote against all that is good towards the small teams, when its 11-1 with one big team voting against then it looks like the smaller teams hold all the aces.

If you think its a good thing or not. It's reality if they go bust.

Yip, I wouldn't give two hoots if the tv deal disappeared. Highlights on Sportscene would do me. Less stupid kick off times as well...football back to being on a Saturday afternoon thank you very much.

As you say Joe, the voting system would be interesting as well...they would probably change it to all agree or nothing though

Hibs crowds increased when they were last relegated. Why? Competition.

I think that without the OF (not just rangers but Celtic too) Scottish clubs would struggle initially but there would be a resurgence and most teams would improve. The value of the current TV deal could drop dramatically but would it make much difference? The top 2 teams get the majority of it anyway.

I think Celtic's quality would take quite a dip, as would their crowds if there was no Rangers.