Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And so it goes on.Lets dry our eyes.Dont understand C Greens utterances but I think Ally is only saying what others believe i.e. our appeal being turned down by whom?? Scottish football run by *rseholes but always expecting us fans to turn up and toe the line.:cool:

And so it goes on.Lets dry our eyes.Dont understand C Greens utterances but I think Ally is only saying what others believe i.e. our appeal being turned down by whom?? Scottish football run by *rseholes but always expecting us fans to turn up and toe the line.:cool:

I think they are both guilty. There are rules .... even for Rangers and Celtic. The reason these commitees/tribunals have to be secret on occasions is because of these two teams and their oddities. The individuals were threatened.

I fully support the stance and approach by the Scottish FA. Green's comments at the Brechin game about "bigotry" were appalling. The SFA obviously cannot let these comments go unignored and as many have pointed out, these were made in appeal to the mindset of "The Rangers" fans in an unashamed attempt to whip up hysteria and sell season tickets. Scotland's shame indeed......:roll:

No your missing the point as an Administrator's job is not only to look after the creditors. They also have to try and keep the buisness as going concern. I've said throughout what I've been posting today that the retail sector and housing sector would almost certainly have paid more but the administrator was never going to accept that as it would kill the compnany as a going concern. This has also happened in every administration I can think of, the stadium is required to try and help the company continue as a going concern.

No an administrator is working on behalf of the creditors and his role is to find the best value for money for the creditors. If that means liquidations then so be it. It is not his role to continue trading unless he can continue trading without incurring any additional debt i.e harming the creditors.

No an administrator is working on behalf of the creditors and his role is to find the best value for money for the creditors. If that means liquidations then so be it. It is not his role to continue trading unless he can continue trading without incurring any additional debt i.e harming the creditors.

the reason most clubs dont lose the stadium is that the CVA is accepted. Both Dundee and Portsmouth ended up in further trouble as their income streams were unable to match what the CVA had promised, and thus they fell into further debt and entered admin again.

The minute the club is unable to continue trading as a going concern, the assets should be sold off in whichever way maximises income. This was clearly not done. It is also, as Mainstand said, the administrators job to ensure no further money is lost.

During the 5 months administration, D&P suffered trading loses of over 4m.

If they had closed the club down on the 15th of February, and sold all the players and the ground - even for just 5m... the creditors would be 4m better off.

If I was a creditor I would be straight off to the Edinburgh courts to file against D&P. HMRC won't care as they want Murray - will any other creditor have the balls for a fight?

Good to see Charlie Bannerman is refusing to 'draw a line in the sand' and is not accepting the damage that Rangers have done to Scottish society:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/toddler19/highlandnews_0001_NEW-1.jpg

Here here , its a disgrace that people cannot get the money they are due .

Quote of the day fae that daft t*** Wullie Millar who was covering the Rangers game for radio.

"Rory McAllister maybe missed that chance because he's not used to playing at this level"

HELLO!!!!!!!! Has nobody told Wullie that the **** are playing in division 3?? Do the daft chunt still think Sevco5088( Scotland ) are in the SPL??

Although maybe I am being harsh and maybe the tool meant that Rory had previously played in division 2, a HIGHER LEVEL!!!!

Anyway, having done my Saints related stuff, I am now gonna surf the net and visit many places where I will MEGA***Z at the failure of a team on at least £80,000 a week wages to beat the mighty Blue Toon:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Went on the bbc website to check out yesterdays results. Thought at least clicking on football would get me away from the Olympic stuff and give me the Scottish scores.

Only, the only score on the main page was Peterhead 2 Rangers 2. Shocking. Had to find the SPL page before could even see a mention of another Scottish side.

Went on the bbc website to check out yesterdays results. Thought at least clicking on football would get me away from the Olympic stuff and give me the Scottish scores.

Only, the only score on the main page was Peterhead 2 Rangers 2. Shocking. Had to find the SPL page before could even see a mention of another Scottish side.

For somebody who writes about the finances of football, you have a poor grasp on the basics of economics. (Oh and the SPL scores are there, perhaps the page you saw is different because you are abroad.)

Clearly you need to become a Arab and be utterly brilliant at everything.

Poor us.

Clearly you need to become a Arab and be utterly brilliant at everything.

Poor us.

No just try using some commonsense. Did you actually believe the press would just ignore Rangers and treat them like all other division 3 teams? Whether you like it or not, Rangers have more fans than any other team in Scotland except Celtic. As such they will recieve more press. When Tiger was dominating you used to see every single shot he played even if he didn't have any chance of winnng. If Rangers fans all desert them then, like Tiger, they will become less of a press attraction than they are now. It is basic economics, give the people a product they want. They will never please everybody but they have to try and appeal to as many people as they can to justify the money they recieve. How many times have you seen a major news story in Scotland not even make the UK news?

No just try using some commonsense. Did you actually believe the press would just ignore Rangers and treat them like all other division 3 teams? Whether you like it or not, Rangers have more fans than any other team in Scotland except Celtic. As such they will recieve more press. When Tiger was dominating you used to see every single shot he played even if he didn't have any chance of winnng. If Rangers fans all desert them then, like Tiger, they will become less of a press attraction than they are now. It is basic economics, give the people a product they want. They will never please everybody but they have to try and appeal to as many people as they can to justify the money they recieve. How many times have you seen a major news story in Scotland not even make the UK news?

Well I see the general issue being since the BBC changed the website last season many many fans from all over the country have struggled to navigate the website trying to find links for live matches, even match reports.

Doesn't matter how numerically minded you are, when the presenters on BBC radio have issues trying to navigate it then simple fans will have trouble.

No just try using some commonsense. Did you actually believe the press would just ignore Rangers and treat them like all other division 3 teams? Whether you like it or not, Rangers have more fans than any other team in Scotland except Celtic. As such they will receive more press. When Tiger was dominating you used to see every single shot he played even if he didn't have any chance of winning. If Rangers fans all desert them then, like Tiger, they will become less of a press attraction than they are now. It is basic economics, give the people a product they want. They will never please everybody but they have to try and appeal to as many people as they can to justify the money they receive. How many times have you seen a major news story in Scotland not even make the UK news?

I am using common sense. I would have expected that from the Daily Record website, or the Sun, or, even STV.

But this is the bbc. The Bbc are meant to be impartial and serve the whole country - they are not meant to be publicising what is 'popular' but reporting whats important. Seeing as the SPL is a little more important than the 3rd division, that is what should be on the front page.

I know exactly how the media works... Rangers used to pay hundreds of thousands towards media house to publicise their stories. These tactics led to 'succulent lamb' journalism. Looks like the same is happening again.

Every story that is published mentioning rangers avoids terms like 'new company'. They avoid mentioning creditors. They avoid anything negative towards the Ibrox side. Even the latest story about JJB is shocking. Even though they acknowledge on the bbc that in 2006 Rangers IA signed a 10 year deal in return for 18million upfront for shirt sales (I believe with Sports Direct - might have been JJB too - although they might also be the same company!), not one paper has made the link that they were/are a creditor to Rangers IA, and no one has asked the question WHY they would want to put more money into Rangers.

Of course, seeing as no one has actually mentioned any investment figures, the fact that the 10% is probably being given to compensate the loss of the contract to Rangers IA seems to have been missed by the journalists.

Why can no one ask 'how much is he investing'?

ODAB - seeing as you know all the answers, maybe you can answer that one?

Exactly the same things that drove Rangers into liquidation are happening again. The over spending and the good news stories. Green is going to flog this club on the stock exchange, walk away with millions, and leave behind an insurmountable mountain of debt...

...am I the only one here that can see that?

Well I see the general issue being since the BBC changed the website last season many many fans from all over the country have struggled to navigate the website trying to find links for live matches, even match reports.

Doesn't matter how numerically minded you are, when the presenters on BBC radio have issues trying to navigate it then simple fans will have trouble.

That's a completely different issue to the one that SS is complaining about. And that is one the BBC should address.

I am using common sense. I would have expected that from the Daily Record website, or the Sun, or, even STV.

But this is the bbc. The Bbc are meant to be impartial and serve the whole country - they are not meant to be publicising what is 'popular' but reporting whats important. Seeing as the SPL is a little more important than the 3rd division, that is what should be on the front page.

I know exactly how the media works... Rangers used to pay hundreds of thousands towards media house to publicise their stories. These tactics led to 'succulent lamb' journalism. Looks like the same is happening again.

Every story that is published mentioning rangers avoids terms like 'new company'. They avoid mentioning creditors. They avoid anything negative towards the Ibrox side. Even the latest story about JJB is shocking. Even though they acknowledge on the bbc that in 2006 Rangers IA signed a 10 year deal in return for 18million upfront for shirt sales (I believe with Sports Direct - might have been JJB too - although they might also be the same company!), not one paper has made the link that they were/are a creditor to Rangers IA, and no one has asked the question WHY they would want to put more money into Rangers.

Of course, seeing as no one has actually mentioned any investment figures, the fact that the 10% is probably being given to compensate the loss of the contract to Rangers IA seems to have been missed by the journalists.

Why can no one ask 'how much is he investing'?

ODAB - seeing as you know all the answers, maybe you can answer that one?

Exactly the same things that drove Rangers into liquidation are happening again. The over spending and the good news stories. Green is going to flog this club on the stock exchange, walk away with millions, and leave behind an insurmountable mountain of debt...

...am I the only one here that can see that?

To be honest, you're starting to come off as an scorned ex. Ignoring your wild speculation again, tell me which one of these two events would be most likely to make the news tomorrow: the death of Katy Perry or the death of myself? Both would be equally important and devastaing to the families and friends of those concerned but one would be all over the media and one would be only mentioned in the abbituaries. Why? Because what is deemed news worthy or important is clearly linked to popularity. Now obviously some media outlets go to extremes with this but it happens in all forms of media. The BBC is payed for by the tax payer so it still has to justify the money spent on everything it produces. For you to expect them to all of a sudden stop commenting on the 2nd most supported club in the country is delussional. Moreover, the BBC website in Britain does have the other scores on the football page so it would appear to me that their maybe a dfferent page for ithose worldwide. Which given the extent of their support internationally (nowhere near as big as they make out though) and you're also talking about the fall from grace of a prominant club, in what possible way is it shocking that Rangers are still getting coverage? You're looking for something to moan about for the sake of it and quite frankly you're undoing a lot of the good work you have previously done.