Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interested to hear why Saints fans are so mad about rangers doing it, but not so much hearts - who won a couple of cups with players they couldn't afford, and, more significantly, Gretna who kept us out of the premier league by signing players they couldn't afford. If we're so concerned, then shouldn't we be chasing compensation for season out of the top league and the revenue we missed out on?

rangers got put in the bottom division and they fully deserved it.

I must admit I thought the people manic about the removing of titles were just sad Celtic minded types who spend their whole lives obsessing about rangers, in the same way the rangers saddo's do with them. Bit surprised Saints fans are jumping on the bandwagon.

The original rangers are due us a cup .unfair advantage.give us it.cheats.

Interested to hear why Saints fans are so mad about rangers doing it, but not so much hearts - who won a couple of cups with players they couldn't afford, and, more significantly, Gretna who kept us out of the premier league by signing players they couldn't afford. If we're so concerned, then shouldn't we be chasing compensation for season out of the top league and the revenue we missed out on?

I must admit I thought the people manic about the removing of titles were just sad Celtic minded types who spend their whole lives obsessing about rangers, in the same way the rangers saddo's do with them. Bit surprised Saints fans are jumping on the bandwagon.

My own personal comprehensive opinion/answer to the above questions would be too long for this thread as we are off topic big time.

Briefly though.

Rangers were/are still in the process of being liquidated, same as happened to Gretna. So they couldn't possibly have been relegated. IMHO,

'Gretna 2008' was formed in 2008 however whilst having a similar name the club has no legal connection with the original Gretna Football Club and therefore cannot be associated with the former club's history (trophies).

Why should the current entity playing out of Ibrox (since 2012) consider itself the same club and be granted the same single word name as before and have access to the old club's history and trophies?

IBROX thread for this pish...

Edited by Indicator

You don't think Saints fans were pissed off about the Gretna situation??

As for Hearts, I've said on here several times that in my view they are cheats. But at least they are actually still the same club.

You might be surprised that Saints fans feel this way, but personally I'm surprised that any non-Sevco fan of Scottish football wouldn't feel this way.

"Rangers" were put in the bottom league because they're a new club. It wasn't a punishment. Did they really "deserve" it? If so, why don't other new clubs get granted immediate entry to the senior league, ignoring the league's own rules? 

But yeah, no one should ever say anything when any wrong doing happens, and we should all just pretend that everything's great. After all, I'm sure if Saints were liquidated, the SFA and SPFL would have our backs and let us do everything Sevco have done. Great plan.

You don't think Saints fans were pissed off about the Gretna situation?? That was annoying, especially all the 'living the dream' nonsense.

As for Hearts, I've said on here several times that in my view they are cheats. But at least they are actually still the same club. I don't know how many creditors lost money with Hearts or whether they were simply spending beyond their means or deliberately trying to gain an advantage.

You might be surprised that Saints fans feel this way, but personally I'm surprised that any non-Sevco fan of Scottish football wouldn't feel this way. Rangers were a different matter. Regardless of any action taken or now not being permitted to being taken, their titles and trophies are disputed by a lot of fans, and not just Celtic's. That won't change. They DID gain an unfair advantage and they DID fail to pay a lot of money to creditors.

"Rangers" were put in the bottom league because they're a new club. It wasn't a punishment. Did they really "deserve" it? If so, why don't other new clubs get granted immediate entry to the senior league, ignoring the league's own rules? It was always about money, hence the 'Armageddon' nonsense. Smaller clubs, like Spartans, should have been allowed entry to the league and Rangers left at the back of the queue. That was never going to happen.

But yeah, no one should ever say anything when any wrong doing happens, and we should all just pretend that everything's great. After all, I'm sure if Saints were liquidated, the SFA and SPFL would have our backs and let us do everything Sevco have done. Great plan. If the same happened to Saints, or Falkirk, or Partick or anyone, they'd be lucky if they didn't end up as Third Lanark did.

I was unhappy about the Rangers situation at the time, and don't accept it even now, but I'm not consumed by rage over it.

At the time of our duel with Gretna they were being bankrolled legally but unsustainably by Brooks Mileson. They therefore were guilty of gross stupidity rather than any illegality. There problems arose when Milesons money was not available any more.

• 1 month later...

Was beginning to think nobody on this site was following arguably the biggest case of cheating and unreported cover-up in UK sporting history.

To be fair to Saints though, bigger clubs than ours are reluctant to get involved in this.

In the end it's down to the fans, if they are happy to continue funding what has been and, probably still is, a bent game then fair do's.

If the SFA refuse to take part or acknowlege the requests for a review it can only be assumed that they have something(s) to hide. If they were as squeeky clean as they keep saying they are they would be all for an independent review.

The next step, and I believe this is already being progressed, is a fan funded Judicial Review of the whole stinking affair.

Who listens to fans? The silence of the club's is a disgrace....but not a surprise.  I would not undrestimate the power and tenacity of Celtic, they took down Jim Farry and removed Hugh Dallas in the recent past, I would argue they are considerably more influential today.  

This is not difficult;

All details of renumeration packages must be reported to the association  before the start of the season or the players registration is invalid....and if a improperly registered player takes the field the result must be overturned and a score of 3-0 awarded to the opposition. Rfc drove a coach and horses through these rules for a decade, it is in the public domain, and is a festering sore at the heart of our game.

Thems the rules, get it done.....and those who failed so spectacularly to uphold the rules should be dismissed and replaced with more competent appointments.  I really don't see how it's so difficult.

Who listens to fans? The silence of the club's is a disgrace....but not a surprise.  I would not undrestimate the power and tenacity of Celtic, they took down Jim Farry and removed Hugh Dallas in the recent past, I would argue they are considerably more influential today.  

I agree - but it's a pity that this feels increasingly like it's becoming a Celtic-Rangers thing. Rangers cheated all of us - every club and every fan.

You mention no one listening to fans, but in actual fact fans were listened to back in 2012 because, as a whole, we were vocal about this and made it clear to our clubs what the consequences would be. Sadly, I get the impression that that same momentum and appetite for justice amongst fans just isn't as strong as it was back then.

As another poster mentioned, a fan-funded judicial review does seem like the best hope now.

As another poster mentioned, a fan-funded judicial review does seem like the best hope now.

I thought that judicial reviews only applied to public bodies - does this apply to the SFA and/or the SPFL? I would have thought that fundamentally they were simply independent enterprises or charities.

I thought that judicial reviews only applied to public bodies - does this apply to the SFA and/or the SPFL? I would have thought that fundamentally they were simply independent enterprises or charities.

I was under the impression that the SPFL have backed calls for an independent judicial review. It's just the arse covering SFA that are using the LNS decision to block any further action. 

I agree - but it's a pity that this feels increasingly like it's becoming a Celtic-Rangers thing. Rangers cheated all of us - every club and every fan.

You mention no one listening to fans, but in actual fact fans were listened to back in 2012 because, as a whole, we were vocal about this and made it clear to our clubs what the consequences would be. Sadly, I get the impression that that same momentum and appetite for justice amongst fans just isn't as strong as it was back then.

Agree 100%, did not mean to imply  its a celtic thing, just an observation.   I suspect Stuart Milne and Anne Budge in particular  shall be receiving some choice correspondence....about now!  So should every member of the brass at every club!

It seems someone else was interested enough to submit a FOI query on their funding,

I don't know enough about the JR process to add anything.

https://beta.gov.scot/publications/foi-17-01307/

Edited by Indicator

Agree 100%, did not mean to imply  its a celtic thing, just an observation.   I suspect Stuart Milne and Anne Budge in particular  shall be receiving some choice correspondence....about now!  So should every member of the brass at every club!

The implication that it is a *** v *** issue is probably a deliberate ploy by the SFA. I for one have no love for either cheek of the arse that was the Old Firm so as long as they can portray it as such it keeps us the fans divided on the issue. Just have a peek on .net after the hibs statement.

Thems the rules, get it done.....and those who failed so spectacularly to uphold the rules should be dismissed and replaced with more competent appointments.  I really don't see how it's so difficult.

All well and good Smarmy but where's the higher authority that is going to apply the rules, nowhere in Scotland I'd wager.

One by one the big guns (Aberdeen, Hibs so far - understandably looking at the board members.) are aligning themselves with the SFA and against the Celtic position so it's unlikely that the likes of St Johnstone, Dundee Utd. etc. would step out of line, hence my ref. to fans.

It is too late for the fans to do anything this season, the slow unravelling of all the gory details has ensured that all Season Book money has been collected. The clubs are determined not to rock the boat, either because they are conflicted or, because the survival of the Blue Pound and the Old Boy brogues and Blazer regime is paramount.

Edited by Indicator

It seems someone else was interested enough to submit a FOI query on their funding,

I don't know enough about the JR process to add anything.

https://beta.gov.scot/publications/foi-17-01307/

A quick look at Wikipedia would have answered my query earlier...

"There is, however, one substantial difference in Scotland since there is no distinction between review of a public body and a private body, which is different from, for example, judicial review in England and Wales, where review is only possible in the case of a public body or a quasi-public body"

Everyone knows they wankstains cheated. Why waste more money on it. Better spendin' it on a few fitba facilities for the bairns. Get them away from their Xbox and TV.

Justice and justice alone.

When a crime is committed, justice must always prevail. The media and SFA cleverly spinning this into a Celtic gripe.