Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Someone on twitter pointed out Killie are in an exciting race for Europe, they are focusing their 150th anniversary celebrations on this game, and they are still giving Rangers* 22% of the seats - compared to the 1.5% of the seats Killie fans were allocated at the last two Ibrox Rangers* v Killie games. This ridiculous, entitled cockwomblery is why they veer between being hated and a laughing-stock. You really would think the last few years would have taught them some humility, but nope. What with this and being told they can’t spit on priests anymore, they’ll be pure dead raging, but.

• 2 weeks later...

Sevco better hope there was no mention of a possible role for Stevie at Liverpool.  I don't think he has had a good week with the sons of William, what with McGregor's kung fu kick and whilst he might go along with the no guard of honour decision I am not sure he is enamoured with the real reason behind it.

49 minutes ago, south inch said:

Sevco better hope there was no mention of a possible role for Stevie at Liverpool.  I don't think he has had a good week with the sons of William, what with McGregor's kung fu kick and whilst he might go along with the no guard of honour decision I am not sure he is enamoured with the real reason behind it.

Bollocks to giving teams guards of honour anyway. When did that even start?

On 5/10/2019 at 6:27 PM, Tranmere Saintee said:

1955 when Man U gave Chelsea one.

It seems to be a much newer thing than that in Scotland. Happy to be corrected if wrong but I don't remember it being a thing that happened pre 10-15 years ago. Were Saints ever given a guard of honour on any of the various occasions when we've won our league?

39 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Beaks considering charging Flanagan for elbow on Brown.

Expect there will be NO case to answer , so not to upset them.;)

I thought the fact that the ref gave a yellow means he had seen the incident & only deemed it a yellow means he can't be cited.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

I thought the fact that the ref gave a yellow means he had seen the incident & only deemed it a yellow means he can't be cited.

Not sure he entirely saw it.

May have noticed Broon going down holding his moosh.  Can't accuse Broon of acting it , as he likes tae show opponents that they are not making an impression on him. I'm sure there was no lasting damage.

For the record don't like Broon before you think I'm defending him.

By no stretch of the imagination am I defending either the obnoxious t*** Broon or rangers continuing indiscipline but from the tv pictures it was a clear elbow on the jaw. The referee saw this but deemed it only a yellow although he appeared to have a clear view of the incident. When are referees going to held accountable for their continuing incompetence?

11 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Beaks considering charging Flanagan for elbow on Brown.

Expect there will be NO case to answer , so not to upset them.;)

Never saw the match, haven't seen the incident.

Tend to disagree that they will come up with a 'no case to answer' if it's as blatant as many are making out.

From the very beginning of this season referees have been making 'honest mistakes' during Sevco matches, almost always erring to the benefit of the Ibrox club. It took some ludicrous decisions during a Glasgow derby to finally force some retrospective action by the SFA on one of their players. Such actions have had to be applied on numerous occasions since and the SFA are now under scrutiny by clubs who want to see rules fairly applied accross the board. :roll: A small number of managers have stuck their heads above the parapet.

It is too late applying retrospective action when one club is amassing results which ultimately deprive other club(s) European football or get clubs knocked out of Cups. (Kilmarnock keeper sent off - later rescinded because Sevco player conned the ref.)

Edited by Indicator

2 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

By no stretch of the imagination am I defending either the obnoxious t*** Broon or rangers continuing indiscipline but from the tv pictures it was a clear elbow on the jaw. The referee saw this but deemed it only a yellow although he appeared to have a clear view of the incident. When are referees going to held accountable for their continuing incompetence?

Believe Sevco have released a statement regarding the SFA's decision to investigate the incident.

The SFA made a right cock-up from the first weekend of matches this season. Let us hope there is something done over the summer and they start next season on a far more reasonable foot.

I would be all for scrapping the system they use as it isn't fit for purpose and isn't consistent. 

18 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

3 Man committee have already looked at it & couldn't unanimously agree on a decision , therefore no further action.

One said "red card", one said "not sure".  The third said "ah sure 'tis the very divil.  Why don't we have another glass or two of this 18 year old Jamieson and then we could have another look at the tape.