Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All well and good Smarmy but where's the higher authority that is going to apply the rules, nowhere in Scotland I'd wager.

One by one the big guns (Aberdeen, Hibs so far - understandably looking at the board members.) are aligning themselves with the SFA and against the Celtic position so it's unlikely that the likes of St Johnstone, Dundee Utd. etc. would step out of line, hence my ref. to fans.

It is too late for the fans to do anything this season, the slow unravelling of all the gory details has ensured that all Season Book money has been collected. The clubs are determined not to rock the boat, either because they are conflicted or, because the survival of the Blue Pound and the Old Boy brogues and Blazer regime is paramount.

I quite agree.  In many ways this is a huge part of the problem.  The authorities in Scotland can stonewall this, because FIFA and UEFA are rotten with corruption from top to bottom.....they would no doubt shrug their collective shoulders at the antics up here on the fringe of the continent...small beer in comparison.  

There is also the can of worms theory.  If RFC and SFA were found guilty of corporate fiscal malfeasance of their own directorates, where would this end?  Would Lee Wilkie be able to claim his win bonuses for two cup finals and 40 fixtures?  Would Motherwell be able to claim for a champions league cash pot that they missed? How many Players and clubs would queue up to claim for lost revenue and damages?

Has Anne Budge been told in no uncertain terms that the bonnet would be lifted on the Romanov years at Tynecastle?  

Would subsequent inquires interview Jim Duffy on his extraordinary signing of Fabrizio Ravanelli to secure the much coveted 10 place in the SPL?

What a mess........

Edited by Smarmy Arab

I quite agree.  In many ways this is a huge part of the problem.  The authorities in Scotland can stonewall this, because FIFA and UEFA are rotten with corruption from top to bottom.....they would no doubt shrug their collective shoulders at the antics up here on the fringe of the continent...small beer in comparison.  

There is also the can of worms theory.  If RFC and SFA were found guilty of corporate fiscal malfeasance of their own directorates, where would this end?  Would Lee Wilkie be able to claim his win bonuses for two cup finals and 40 fixtures?  Would Motherwell be able to claim for a champions league cash pot that they missed? How many Players and clubs would queue up to claim for lost revenue and damages?

Has Anne Budge been told in no uncertain terms that the bonnet would be lifted on the Romanov years at Tynecastle?  

Would subsequent inquires interview Jim Duffy on his extraordinary signing of Fabrizio Ravanelli to secure the much coveted 10 place in the SPL?

What a mess........

You don't go with the " he was living off the money from Derby Co. " spiel then? :-)

Call me paranoid if you like (OK I am paranoid) but I am even suspicious of the reasons for Scott Brown escaping a charge for his boot flick at the head of a Hamilton player last week.

On the face of it he is a Celtic player so no surprise.  But, if he had been punished he would have missed the OF hatefest.  Two questions - who is the least effective of Celtic's battery of midfielders and which of Celtic's players is most likely to lose the heid and be sent off in the hatefest atmosphere?  In my opinion the answer in both cases is Scott Brown so banning him improves Celtic's chances of not ending their unbeaten run at the venue they would least likely to see it go.

You don't go with the " he was living off the money from Derby Co. " spiel then? :-)

Rumours were widely circulating that FR, was never paid a penny, and he and Craig Burley left a huge bill at the apex....GDS was in control at Dens by then and kept every penny of cash generated at Dens on the boot of his car for safe keeping.  The previous 3 years are murkier still at Le Stade de Dens.  Still....the faithful witnessed two European qualifying ties and a Scottish Cup final (lost)....well worth £23 million and two administrations.  

Maybe a 'truth and reconciliation' type inquiry into 21st century scottish football......amnesty to all those who testify, and a resultant written constitution to prevent this ever happening again at least we would know for sure what happened.

........well I can dream!

It's all over for Rangers. Their present incarnation will also go bust in another season or two. They are spending more than they bring in, especially without Europe. That makes them uninvestable; and they can't keep living off soft loans from directors. I said at the time that the Boy King had empty pockets and the promised £30m didn't exist.

First Scottish mainstream newspaper(journalist) to go off message? (Mr Traynor will be incandescent)

Is the dam cracking.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/opinion-stephen-mcilkenny-on-why-sfa-review-is-necessary-for-real-change-1-4561256

Edited by Indicator

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to figure the regularity with which clubs manage to underperform when playing any ibrox side. You really have to wonder how it is that no matter how abysmally Sevco play, their opponents frequently manage to play at an even lesser level. They don't just lose they get thrashed. (In terms of goals conceded)

4-1 v Dundee

4-1 v Hamilton

Still at least Pedro will be safe for a bit.

Edited by Indicator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Braw reading on their forums, oor  Tommy certainly isn't a popular choice for the orcs. As for Mcinnes, well going by their logic, he shouldn't be the next manager purely because his Aberdeen side have failed to beat Celtic in their last 8 games or there aboots 

They really are a strange bunch 

I wonder how many of the "3 Bears" are married?  Can just hear their wives when the news of Pedro's sacking broke.  "Fecks sake, how much are you going to be stung for this time?  Another so called loan?  We could paper a room with all the share conversion certificates.  When is it going to dawn on you that that South African t*** has you for a bunch of mugs?"