Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It will be interesting to see what Rangers assets are?

If reports in the press are to be believed they don’t own Murray Park, they don’t own Ibrox and don’t own the next four season ticket revenue, or atleast a chunk of it. You would think that Ticketus would have some sort of security before entering into this agreement.

If they don’t come out of administration before a certain date will they be relegated? I don’t think the SPL will want to delay and delay the fixtures for next season.

they can't be relegated.. the spl rules do not allow this...if they are still in admin at the start of next season they get another 10 points deduction

Its the players and other Ibrox staff you have to feel sorry for. There are bound to be members of staff who will lose their jobs. Worst day of my life was going into an administration meeting at a job I had. I was okay but others were not.

Yet they signed a player on £5k to £7.5k per week, confirmed today!!!

Spot on. I have a friend who's family will be severely hit by this. The players and the like will go on to get contracts else where but the office staff and the like will be the true victims of this.

THIS IS GOOD NEWS FOR US....

If Rangers qualify for Europe next season, will they be allowed to play in European competition?

That depends. If they come out of administration as the same entity, their license to compete in Uefa competitions would be issued by the Scottish Football Association, provided they had exited administration by the end of March.

You're right Rangers won't be able to play in Europe because they would lose their license to play in Europe unless they go into Administration and get out of Administration.before the end of March. :D They may have a plan.

Did initially bring a smile to my face but on reflection this could have a massive impact on the whole of scottish football if they were to . Dundee utd now unlikely to get their 100,000 share from last weeks cup game, were going to suffer with the Rangers support dwindling or ceasing to exist and what tv deals are we likely to recieve in the future with either totally unbalanced old firm games or none at all.

Spot on. I have a friend who's family will be severely hit by this. The players and the like will go on to get contracts else where but the office staff and the like will be the true victims of this.

You only have to look at Dundee, the top earners wont be effected at all as the administrator will say he needs to keep a strong team on the pitch. The girls in admin, youth players etc will be the people made redundant.

You only have to look at Dundee, the top earners wont be effected at all as the administrator will say he needs to keep a strong team on the pitch. The girls in admin, youth players etc will be the people made redundant.

Several local buisnesses went under during Dundee's first admin and I'm sure there was something on SSN about the samll buisnesses struggling as a result of the Pompey situation. As much as you want to laugh at Rangers, the club will re-emerge relatively unscathed and the true victims will be forgotten.

I'm telling you Mr Whyte has a detailed buisness plan for Rangers successfully defending their tax case. People can assume all they want, they can bring up figures and claim in great detail what "is" going to happen. But 90% of what has been said on the subject is pish. As I've said, the wish is the father of the thought.

Who' have thunk it ODAB! :wink: This is Whytes 'detailed business plan' and always has been!

Who' have thunk it ODAB! :wink: This is Whytes 'detailed business plan' and always has been!

No it wasn't. It is the way it has panned out but it was not the original intention. If you look at one of my previous points you might just be able to work out why I'm sure about buisness plans being in place and ready to go.

This is the worst day of my life. Rangers must be saved. How can Scottish football go on without The Mighty Rangers? Without The Super Teds? The pride of Scotland? England's Rose? The Happy Handsome Conquerors of Europe?

This is what we should do: we should start a charity. Too many charities are for Bono or Aids or the Lisbon Lions anyway, and people don't even like those things, so imagine how much money everyone would be willing to donate to Super Ally's Proud Glasgow Lions? Give a man a fish and he can feed his family for a day; give a man £12 milllion and he can provide his family with the sumptuous skills of Tore Andre Flo. Remember, every time I click my fingers, a Rangers fan cries - and God knows I'm trying really hard not to click my fingers.

So come on. Give what you can. Make like Sir David Murray with the year's tax return, and be creative. I'm already writing a charity single (I've got as far as the line "we're up to our knees in hurriedly-shredded bank statements, surrender or we'll cry"). Donald Findlay can raise money by shaving off his sideburns, followed by his entire face. Jim White can do a sponsored don't-shout-for-an-hour. Mark Hateley can try not to be a c**t (it won't raise any money - he should just try). Super Ally can write a charity joke book aimed exclusively at sour-faced curmudgeons. Andy Cameron, if we're lucky, can commit a sponsored suicide. Just give us your f**king money. If you want to help, help Rangers in need.

It was funny at work today when the rangers news broke, watching the rangers fans greeting and moaning and me laughing comedy gold:laugh:

Rangers fan at my work had a pure strop today, telling me I don't know anything about the rangers finances, I'm speculating nonsense like 90% of the population, sensationalising, taking the piss when my diddy little team would shrivel up and die without Rangers to bring money in for them. All rangers fans would support Chelsea if they go bust. Scottish football will fold. Rangers fans don't care about football, it's about the history and the great institution of RFC. Murray would never have sold the club without a plan. Folk assume that the HMRC case is as good as lost, but it's not. He went on and on and on.

As he was finishing his closing dribble, a mate popped his head round the door and said 'rangers have filed for administration'.

I just quietly got up and left the room.