Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The fact that they have filed these papers is the first step in trying to force HMRC into a deal instead of taking the action for all the money. Notice they are now saying that the HMRC liability is likely to be in excess of £50m.

By lodging these papers no company can take any action against them for recovery of debt. I suspect HMRC will settle for £24m which will be paid to them courtsey of the next 3 seasons season ticket sales.

I do'nt think this is the last we will hear of a scottish club going into administration Hearts are next i think if this doesnt make the money men of scottish football or lets pretend we have money men sit up and take notice i do'nt now what will.

but it was funny watching jim white sweating and worrying live on sky sports today.

if we assume that DUFC do not get their money on Wednesday how does that then effect their cash flow? What other clubs could get caught in the fall out?

United are now officially cited as creditors so will not recieve their money on Wednesday. And as the money was not budgeted for it'll have no real effect on United.

Edited by ODAB

If Rangers go off the map, the Scottish game is gone.

What would happen to smaller clubs like Saints when the massive 4000 fans dont turn up to Perth?

What would happen if 2nd place 'loaded' prize pot is distributed to some other team?

What would happen to our refs no longer being wined and dined, I mean to say bribed?

Our game is corrupt and has been for decades.

This smells like the Italian league!

Come on now Old Firm, stand up and be accounted. Wish the SFA had bigger balls!

Id be so happy for a few other teams to go bust, and have a fairer setup.

The fact that they have filed these papers is the first step in trying to force HMRC into a deal instead of taking the action for all the money. Notice they are now saying that the HMRC liability is likely to be in excess of £50m.

By lodging these papers no company can take any action against them for recovery of debt. I suspect HMRC will settle for £24m which will be paid to them courtsey of the next 3 seasons season ticket sales.

You're right about the tactic Mainstand but why should the HMRC settle for less than Rangers are due to them because they need to pass the money on to the Treasury so that they can pay for the British Aircraft Carrier plumbing units built on the Clyde by Rangers supporters.

They'll want the full amount especially in this recession.

If Rangers go off the map, the Scottish game is gone.

What would happen to smaller clubs like Saints when the massive 4000 fans dont turn up to Perth?

What would happen if 2nd place 'loaded' prize pot is distributed to some other team?

What would happen to our refs no longer being wined and dined, I mean to say bribed?

Our game is corrupt and has been for decades.

This smells like the Italian league!

Come on now Old Firm, stand up and be accounted. Wish the SFA had bigger balls!

Id be so happy for a few other teams to go bust, and have a fairer setup.

crap

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
You're right about the tactic Mainstand but why should the HMRC settle for less than Rangers are due to them because they need to pass the money on to the Treasury so that they can pay for the British Aircraft Carrier plumbing units built on the Clyde by Rangers supporters.

They'll want the full amount especially in this recession.

I think HMRC are savvy enough to know that they will be pretty much forced to take what they can get soon or potentially face getting hee-haw.

It's a shit situation but they will likely back down, cut a deal with Rangers and thus securing their survival. Talk about unfair.

I think HMRC are savvy enough to know that they will be pretty much forced to take what they can get soon or potentially face getting hee-haw.

It's a shit situation but they will likely back down, cut a deal with Rangers and thus securing their survival. Talk about unfair.

Not really Harry, if Rangers can't do a deal on the full amount they might have to go into liquidation. This means they will have to sell assets e.g. Murray Park, or Ibrox to say Stagecoachof Perth for a bus depot. That's what happens e.g. Woolworths and a millions of other companies. Administration seems the best route for them while looking for investors who might be charitable.

If they get liquidated they could come back as International Murray and we could have a Celtic v. Inter derby four times a year.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
Not really Harry, if Rangers can't do a deal on the full amount they might have to go into liquidation. This means they will have to sell assets e.g. Murray Park, or Ibrox to say Stagecoachof Perth for a bus depot. That's what happens e.g. Woolworths and a millions of other companies. Administration seems the best route for them while looking for investors who might be charitable.

If they get liquidated they could come back as International Murray and we could have a Celtic v. Inter derby four times a year.

I see. As the biggest creditor (you'd hope!) do HMRC get some kind of priority if assets are sold off?