Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While I agree with most of what you say Stevensan. The big (and possibly deciding question) is whether Whyte is a supporter of the club. If the answer is no and he is viewing RFC as a money making opportunity then I'd agree with what you say.

If he is a supporter perhaps he is using his knowledge in the industry to the club's benefit.

For all that Whyte is a bit of an unknown quantity and there is that cloud of dodginess that surrounds him, I actually felt a bit sorry for him when he was making the statement out side Ibrox and the Rangers fans were jeering him.

Realistically, what options does he have? Maybe, just maybe, he is taking the course of action that is best for the future of the club and he, as many have pointed out, is suffering for decisions made a long time before he showed up.

The sympathy passed pretty quickly though I have to say :)

...and no doubt into an offshore account of one of Murray's companies. Whyte is/was the puppet to do what Murray couldn't be seen doing.

That's the rub. My guess is the takeover was a (hopefully) doomed plot for Whyte to tell the tax man "it wasn't me, gov!" and get the slate wiped for Murray's return.

That's the rub. My guess is the takeover was a (hopefully) doomed plot for Whyte to tell the tax man "it wasn't me, gov!" and get the slate wiped for Murray's return.

Funnily enough, was having a very similar conversation at work this morning where others thought the same thing...that the Whyte takeover was all part of some big scam to try and get out of something, and that Murray would re-appear at some point

If a new club is formed and get transported(probably on one of David Murray's lorries)straight to the SPL then I will find it really hard to watch Scottish football again.For a hundred odd years we've had to do everything to keep these two clubs sweet.Why should they get preferential treatment when other clubs would not.I have followed this club since I can remember but if our board and others in the SPL accepts this,I'll not be back.

If a new club is formed and get transported(probably on one of David Murray's lorries)straight to the SPL then I will find it really hard to watch Scottish football again.For a hundred odd years we've had to do everything to keep these two clubs sweet.Why should they get preferential treatment when other clubs would not.I have followed this club since I can remember but if our board and others in the SPL accepts this,I'll not be back.

WIN-WIN for the rest of us now then :D

Does David Murray have lorries -the only ones I have seen is the firm fae Carnoustie (different crowd) ?

WIN-WIN for the rest of us now then :D
What we are really saying is,as long as these two bigoted bast&rds survive then thats all that matters and fvck all the rest of the clubs.Just keep paying your hard earned money to keep your clubs going at the expence of the old firm.It would be great to see all the diddy clubs in Scotland saying"right,we've had enough" lets break away from these two scummy fvcks and start our own league's and see how they would do in a league of two that they are happy playing every year anyway.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
Sir David Murray will make a bid to regain control of Rangers before Administration day - according to press reports

I laughed at the amount of Rangers fans campaining on Twitter for his return. They are so incredibly deluded and blinkered to not realise that it was Murray (mostly through the Advocaat reign) that caused this whole mess for them. Whyte has seen an oppurtunity to make some cash (as he has done with other companies), he has no interest in RFC as a club, and there is no doubt in my mind that the former RFC board etc could see this coming a mile off and knew exactly what he was planning but none of them had the balls to lose face and do what Whyte is doing now. Yeah they put up a pathetic fight in the papers and voice concerns but the truth was they knew it had to happen and none of them wanted it to go down on their watch.

On a side note, if there are redundancies etc, I hope Gordon Smith is top of the list. As was reported in the papers, during the Sandaza saga on deadline day he was contacted by Rangers (Smith) to 'say pack your bags son your needed for talks in Glasgow' only to receive another call later telling him not to bother because the deal wouldn't go ahead.

They had no intention of signing him because there was no money to do so but Smith went along with it to keep up the impression that the mighty RFC were talking shop. The person who called Fran back to advise that there was no deal to do due to lack of money was apparently one Alistair McCoist (someone else posted this info previously too). You can look at it two ways:

1) did he call Fran because nobody else from RFC would and he was put up to it?

or

2) Did he call Fran knowing fine well that Whyte/Smith were taking the piss out of Fran/SJFC and that he knew fine well no deal was going to happen.

I personally think the latter. Not Allys biggest fan but his loyalty to his club is admirable, perhaps to a fault, so I hope his position isn't sacrificed before Smith's.

No, they didn't accept the CVA and never have. They were less than 25% of the total creditors (debts were in the region of 150million IIRC).

In Rangers case, assuming the Big tax bill pushes through, which seems almost certain now, they will be the biggest creditor and therefore decide the fate of the club. They have never taken a CVA before, as doing so would say that tax cheating is acceptable practice. They would rather liquidate the business and get nothing than take a settlement.

The whole argument now should be about whether the NEW rangers are allowed direct entry to the SPL. Everyone should be writing to Steve Brown to voice the fans view that this should never be allowed to happen.

I knew there was a lot of other creditors at Pompey but I wasn't sure how many. Perhaps by placing themselves into admin before the tax bill, HMRC will be only a small creditor and a CVA can be in place before the tax case is finished. I don't think it is as clear cut as saying they will be going into liquidation.

Question for the clever folk (i.e. not me)

If Whyte's £18M is 'safe', and the club is liquidated, can the assets, i.e. players, Ibrox, Murray Park perhaps not become his property to cover his loss, and then sold on to a third party to create 'Rangers 2012' for a profit to him? -thereby leaving the HMRC clutching at nothing? CW makes money and washes his hands of the whole debacle, DM gets of scott free, Rangers 2012 have a fresh start with all the assets in tact?

Is that just way to simplistic a scenario?

It just gets better by the day!

Rangers going into administration will be the best thing that's happened to Scottish football for years. Celtic are kidding themselves if they think Rangers demise will have no effect on them, with no competition from Rangers their fans will lose interest very quickly.

It's only 25 -30 years ago when we had teams that could compete in Europe and win the league from outside of Glasgow. Hopefully, Scottish football will once again be a level playing field.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
Question for the clever folk (i.e. not me)

If Whyte's £18M is 'safe', and the club is liquidated, can the assets, i.e. players, Ibrox, Murray Park perhaps not become his property to cover his loss, and then sold on to a third party to create 'Rangers 2012' for a profit to him? -thereby leaving the HMRC clutching at nothing? CW makes money and washes his hands of the whole debacle, DM gets of scott free, Rangers 2012 have a fresh start with all the assets in tact?

Is that just way to simplistic a scenario?

That's how I understood it. His money/debt owed is secured so even if there was a fire sale he would get the first £18m. How much would they realistically raise? Main Stand at Ibrox is listed so can't be bulldozed so the land can't be worth much. Murray park I suppose would have land value maybe? Would their squad raise £18m?? That was my point earlier in the thread where I suggested that HMRC could end up with hee-haw if Whyte has first dibs and HMRC don't cut an early deal with him.

Rangers going into administration will be the best thing that's happened to Scottish football for years. Celtic are kidding themselves if they think Rangers demise will have no effect on them, with no competition from Rangers their fans will lose interest very quickly.

It's only 25 -30 years ago when we had teams that could compete in Europe and win the league from outside of Glasgow. Hopefully, Scottish football will once again be a level playing field.

This will never happen as everything will be done to get a NEW club up and running asap.

I reckon Celtic are hoping Rangers go down -That way THEY (Celtic) can make an application to join the English leagues on their own -as they would probably ( and I say Probably) be accepted. I dont think the English leagues wanted Rangers at all.

I reckon Celtic are hoping Rangers go down -That way THEY (Celtic) can make an application to join the English leagues on their own -as they would probably ( and I say Probably) be accepted. I dont think the English leagues wanted Rangers at all.

That would be even better...get rid of that bunch of low-life scumbags to England and enjoy it as Rangers fan's turn up in their ten's to watch 3rd Division football, gutted that their arch enemies have got in down south...

I am not a religious person, but, please God, make it so

I had always thought that people in England liked Celtic until I joined the forum on the football ground guide.

Celtic along with Liverpool are the two most hated teams down south.

Every time something happens at Celtic park this topic comes up.

http://footballgroundguide.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21459&hl=worlds&fromsearch=1

Now this forum covers a broad spectrum of fans all over England and the world and if the reaction they get on there is anything to go by they will never be made welcome in England.

I knew there was a lot of other creditors at Pompey but I wasn't sure how many. Perhaps by placing themselves into admin before the tax bill, HMRC will be only a small creditor and a CVA can be in place before the tax case is finished. I don't think it is as clear cut as saying they will be going into liquidation.

i covered this in post 123 of this topic.

Portsmouth was close in that if HMRC maintained there was more tax due than the courts would allow. If they had won their case (which we don't know for certain they have in this one yet) then Portsmouth would not have been able to exit admin when they did. Even on the day the agreement was announced HMRC were said to be considering their position.

In the end thanks to some poor management by the new owners and then that new owner having some issues back home which resulted in his assets being ceased Portsmouth will most probably enter admin again, still owing people from the last CVA so they may get 10p in the pound on their original 20p in the pound deal of 2 years ago. That then makes Dundee FC's 6p in the pound seem like a good deal.