#29 - 11/02/12 - Saints 1-5 Dundee Utd - SPL

Anyway back on topic.

Arabs not the same team since Goodwillie left. They leak goals so let's get SAS in and around them.

Not so sure. They still are a decent team and we will have to be at our best to get something on Saturday. McKay-Stevens, Russell and Armstrong all the ability and pace to hurt us. It is important we target Kenneth again, get Fran running at him and he will be in all sort of bother.

If Murray Davidson dosent make it, to me it is a "no brainer" - Mooner must play. Would also consider putting Chris Millar back in on the right side, United are dangerous down the left with Paul Dixon and McKay-Stevens combining well, and personally I feel Millar puts in a far better shift than Lee Croft.

As always, it is vital we get right behind the team on Saturday. United are flying after their victory at Ibrox last week and they will travel in good numbers, lets hope they head back along the Tay with their faces tripping them. Cmon you Saints!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway back on topic.

Arabs not the same team since Goodwillie left. They leak goals so let's get SAS in and around them. Big question is who replaces Muzz if he doesnt make it ??????

Daly and Russell have scored more goals than the SAS, not bad given United are apparently guff. Earlier in the season Saints were easily the better side, and should have been able to beat United. United are groing in confidence and are looking much more effective with the introduction of GMS. However United are incredibly inconsistent, not just form one game to another but from one half to another. Saints should go in slight favourites but I'd suggest a draw is the most likely outcome.

(Oh and the reason United didn't look the same side is because they lost Goodie, Conway, Buaben and Gomis)

That would in games where we played against the best team in Scotland and the third best team in Scotland. Still you're right we took battering in those games and were lucky to come away with a point. And we got through the cup by playing a diddy team at home. I think Ebbe Skovdal said it best about statistics.

If Saints win (for the first time in 12 years :wink:) we can forget catching you....and you will probably finish above us (for the first time in a decade :wink:) if Utd win, its all back on and hopefully we can continue the astonishing spring form that Houstie and the boys have delivered in each of the last 2 seasons. :cool:

Let the hoodoo continue!

Bring it on!

SaS a must for this game. Moon in if Murray isn't fit, and Wright in for Cracks, who wasn't good enough on Sunday.

Marcus isn't on international duty til next month. Think it was just the managers tactics and u21 requirement that kept him oot.

I hope Mr Lomas doesn't read this forum but I'd suggest Adams, if fit, might be the best choice. United's midfield have often struggled with physical opponents this season.

I have read a lot of posts in the past that say Morris and Mooner just don't play well together combined in the central midfield role. I would go with Mooner but maybe there is some truth in this.

This is a myth that has developed for some reason. There is no reason why two players who are both good at keeping possession should not play together. Whilst both are small physically they are also prepared to get "stuck in" which seems to be a quality that is more desirable than playing passes to team mates.

This is a myth that has developed for some reason. There is no reason why two players who are both good at keeping possession should not play together. Whilst both are small physically they are also prepared to get "stuck in" which seems to be a quality that is more desirable than playing passes to team mates.

Barca tried using small players in midfield, can't remember how it worked out. The Scottish mentality is to praise "up and at'em" attitude as opposed to players who keep the ball. I would have players who keep the ball well ahead of any other type of midfielder but United do struggle against the big, physical midfielders. Having said that, Scott Robertson is coming onto a game (possibly due to being out of contract) and he is a bit more adept at dealing with bigger players. I've not seen a huge amount of Moon (as he is always injured when I watch Saints) but he does seem to be a good passer but has failed to take a hold of any of the games I've seen him in.

I rate Adams very highly, but i believe he is currently injured. He is a similar player to Murray Davidson, and the obvious replacement if Murray is not fit.

I must say I am not convinced by the Midge can't play in the middle comments. In my opinion, the last time he played in the middle he wasn't good enough anywhere on the park, but his game has improved enormously since then. Most improved Saints player I can remember watching.