Use Of The Barossa St Function Hall And Lounge

Ginger Bakers rebel army

There has been an increasing number of enquiries for the hire of the function hall at Barossa ST. so I thought it would be good to post how to book it.

The function room holds about 100 seated and when you open it up into the lounge it is about 160 seated. For the comedy night last Friday we seated 160 in the hall itself by adding additional seats on the dance floor.

If you want to use the function hall and /or lounge for a event then it is easy to book.

The first thing to do is to ask at the bar to see the diary. The diary holds all the events that are booked at the club. If there is nothing on ,on the day of your planned event simply put your name and contact details in the diary and state what the function is and how many it is for. It is best to let Ian the head steward know what you are planning as well.

You then need to fill in an event form,these are kept behind the bar and it is basically a request to use the function hall for an event.

Unless they know you well you may be asked to pay a refundable £50 deposit. The £50 is refunded in the event there is no damage on the night.

If there are at least 1 barossa St member in attendance for every 10 guests then you do not need a licence for the event. If there are not 1 in 10 members to guests you may need a licence. It costs £10 and will be arranged by the club. Again speak to Ian he will keep you right.

The good thing is there is no charge for hiring the function room/lounge. I believe it is free to members and free to others that apply to use it although they may need a £10 licence.

The function room is booked out most saturdays for the clubs own saturday night dances.. You can still book it on a Saturday but they will only consider that if it is a major event that will bring in a full house and significant bar takings.

The most popular night for functions is a Friday.

Catering can be provided at a cost or you can arrange your own. Again that is something to talk to Ian the head steward about. The club also have contacts with various bands and entertainers so that is something they may also be able to help you with.

The more functions we get on,the higher the clubs turnover which will have a beneficial effect on what we are trying to do at Barossa St to support saints.

If you have not used the club before and would like to have a look round , please just go along and you will be shown round.

Between the bar.lounge and function room the club can cater for 280 people so there is plenty of scope for a decent sized event.

It is a really good venue for an event and its town center location makes it easily accessible.

If you are thinking about holding a function and need a venue then why not give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a fundraisin ceilidh at the club a couple of years ago on a saturday, sold over 140 tickets at a tenner a pop, although members have the free to roam on a Saturday night I though they would have had the decency to leave the good seats to people who had actually paid, but they didnt and loads of them sat right at the front, and also when the buffet was served loads of them where the first to go up and help themselves,, great venue but beware if doing something on a Saturday night you will be 2nd fiddle to members.

allthough it was a great night and we raised a good few bob for rachel house, the member attidute peed me off DONT SIT ON MY SEAT I HAVE SAT THERE FOR THE LAST 45 YEAR CARRY ON

;

Edited by soupy76

I did a fundraisin ceilidh at the club a couple of years ago on a saturday, sold over 140 tickets at a tenner a pop, although members have the free to roam on a Saturday night I though they would have had the decency to leave the good seats to people who had actually paid, but they didnt and loads of them sat right at the front, and also when the buffet was served loads of them where the first to go up and help themselves,, great venue but beware if doing something on a Saturday night you will be 2nd fiddle to members.

allthough it was a great night and we raised a good few bob for rachel house, the member attidute peed me off DONT SIT ON MY SEAT I HAVE SAT THERE FOR THE LAST 45 YEAR CARRY ON

;

Couple of them tried that Crap at the comedy night until they were told it was a private function -plus the fact they might not enjoy the night with broken limbs.

Couple of them tried that Crap at the comedy night until they were told it was a private function -plus the fact they might not enjoy the night with broken limbs.

i got told there was nothing we could do about it, pissed me off the were swanning about the place, up giving it bell ting etc and never paid for a ticket,

Anything (within reason) is possible, remember they had a rock band night there not long ago.

One of the bar staff runs a disco so suspect he must have the gear.

What have you got in mind?

i had in mind bringing my records down on a quiet monday or tuesday night and kicking up a racket .its up to you if ye wanna come listen but at least the neighbours wont complain.

There has been an increasing number of enquiries for the hire of the function hall at Barossa ST. so I thought it would be good to post how to book it.

The function room holds about 100 seated and when you open it up into the lounge it is about 160 seated. For the comedy night last Friday we seated 160 in the hall itself by adding additional seats on the dance floor.

If you want to use the function hall and /or lounge for a event then it is easy to book.

The first thing to do is to ask at the bar to see the diary. The diary holds all the events that are booked at the club. If there is nothing on ,on the day of your planned event simply put your name and contact details in the diary and state what the function is and how many it is for. It is best to let Ian the head steward know what you are planning as well.

You then need to fill in an event form,these are kept behind the bar and it is basically a request to use the function hall for an event.

Unless they know you well you may be asked to pay a refundable £50 deposit. The £50 is refunded in the event there is no damage on the night.

If there are at least 1 barossa St member in attendance for every 10 guests then you do not need a licence for the event. If there are not 1 in 10 members to guests you may need a licence. It costs £10 and will be arranged by the club. Again speak to Ian he will keep you right.

The good thing is there is no charge for hiring the function room/lounge. I believe it is free to members and free to others that apply to use it although they may need a £10 licence.

The function room is booked out most saturdays for the clubs own saturday night dances.. You can still book it on a Saturday but they will only consider that if it is a major event that will bring in a full house and significant bar takings.

The most popular night for functions is a Friday.

Catering can be provided at a cost or you can arrange your own. Again that is something to talk to Ian the head steward about. The club also have contacts with various bands and entertainers so that is something they may also be able to help you with.

The more functions we get on,the higher the clubs turnover which will have a beneficial effect on what we are trying to do at Barossa St to support saints.

If you have not used the club before and would like to have a look round , please just go along and you will be shown round.

Between the bar.lounge and function room the club can cater for 280 people so there is plenty of scope for a decent sized event.

It is a really good venue for an event and its town center location makes it easily accessible.

If you are thinking about holding a function and need a venue then why not give it a try.

You can actually get 250 in when it's all opened up!!I had that at my 50th 3 year's ago.

• 5 weeks later...

Think GB has already stated that.

• 4 weeks later...
Im sure he could do a turn ,only problem would be reaching the turntable,massive gut in the way!!!!!!!!! Not real of course, so he would have to do it out of costume.

Holiday to Orlando

You on commission for this pish? I see you posted the same on another thread.

• 4 years later...

Firstly there are mo owners  Its a club run by a committee for the members 

We now have a new Club Chairman in Ally Stirton  who is a Saints fan and can hopefully change things

The Rangers issue seems to put folk off but we we always on the back foot where that is concerned Before we started our wee initiative to get Saints fans in there hardly and drunk in the Club and unfortunately the Rangers fans had the monopoly 

Over the few years we have been running Barossa Saints  ( our wee group )  we have tried several initiatives including Home buses to get folk in the door, but some preferred to drink in pubs along the road and saunter in at 2.30 for the bus,  completey destroying any chance off getting a wee crowd in and a chance to sell raffles,  football cards ect.As you all know this was unsustainable and we had to cancel home buses

We have had 2 race nights in Last couple of years and while i admit we could have publicised it a bit better  ( on going issues with PA ) ect  there were only about a total of 50 people at both events 

We have also had a couple of comedy nights and whist better attended still far from sell outs

So if we cant persuade people to come to club before home game bus and events what chance do we have of getting them to pop in for a pint on a casual basis

I was in for a pint or 2 on Wednesday before Cetic game and there was about half a dozen Saints fans. 

The Rangers True Blues 30th Aniversary was planned well in advance by previous Chairman  who i think had slightly different way of thinking to the new Chairman 

Im in no way defending him or the Club and personaly don't aprove but from what ive heard they brought in a huge sum to the  Club's coffers in one night 

I have friends who hate the place and just won't use it and i , once personally  and on one other occasion with a former member of our Committee been approached by another establishment desperate to get us to move.

Im not going to hide and say i wasn't in favour of this especially the second time  because before the new Club Chairman came on board i thought it made sense 

However out committee declined the offer and we are where we are

Its my hope that  Ally can turn things round and we can get lots of Saints fans .Work together with the Club Committee and St.Johnstone  and get lots of people to attend our events 

But there comes a time when you have to say. Is it worth the effort? 

It says a lot when stjohnstone football club take there player of the year event to the tulloch institute and ignore the barossa club.

I would say the barossa saints contribute via sponsorship and putting money into saints youth development much more than the tulloch ever do.nice wee events before euro nights but that's about all.

From what I have seen hardly anyone uses it especially on match days, how many went in before and after the the Dons game, it is a business and needs money to stay afloat, there was a big stushie when it looked like we were moving round the corner and now even less going in, use it or LOSE it.

I agree.i would love to go in for a few beers after some home games but past experience tells me am on ma lonesome .