Use Of The Barossa St Function Hall And Lounge

Ginger Bakers rebel army

I went to the Barossa club for the STV pre cup final bash. How depressing. The People were brilliant (mostly exiles)  but the place is suicide sub wing. Enjoy Perth, enjoy Sevco fans taking the piss out of you. Not my idea of pre match FUN. Thank **** Essex Saint organized Times Square for the next day. 

If anyone  has any serious suggestions on how we can turn things arround and get Saints fans in good numbers before and after games please speak up

To true Larky, as I have said people were quick to have a go previously so should back it up with footfall, Know its been tried previously but we need to get away fans in the club before games could Ally get some promotion off the drink companies cheaper beer on match days, One of the Labour clubs I frequent did a promotion with Carling issued wee cards out every time you got a pint card stamped after buying 10 pints next one was free it worked quite well, also a good chance to get football cards out, if you try you get nothing.

More footfall bigger bus another football card, we are Saintees so we keep saying on here lets prove it by getting behind Club & Committee.

I went to the Barossa club for the STV pre cup final bash. How depressing. The People were brilliant (mostly exiles)  but the place is suicide sub wing. Enjoy Perth, enjoy Sevco fans taking the piss out of you. Not my idea of pre match FUN. Thank **** Essex Saint organized Times Square for the next day. 

But with that way of thinking we can make the Saints club into our Times Square, and get rid of the Neanderthals.

• 1 year later...

No point in starting a new thread, but I was at my brothers 50th birthday party in the club on Saturday. Was a good night with quite a busy function room, bar staff who were good,kept on shouting at folk to move from standing at the bar, might have been easier if they didnt have the row of tables so close to the bar thus creating more room, not a moan just an obversation. I was however disappointed to see just how quiet the bar was for a Saturday night, I know the committee are trying to get the club up and running efficiently but looks like it's a long hard road for them. On a footnote, I popped through to the bar for a nosey to see if I knew anyone for a blether, two guys at the bar one of them an auld bugger. I decided to throw change in the bandit (£4 or so) I won £14. As change fell oot the slot the auld bugger near had a melt doon, challenging the barmaid why I was allowed to play it. I did ask what his problem was only for him to reply  "nothing nae problem here" ... :)

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

You must have just missed me and ALF and few others 

There till about 7ish and  was over dozen in bar

Can't manage or afford to stay out all night these days

I'll pass other comments on to Mrs S

She runs it now

G

I was in the function hall at 7pm, so was prob back of 8pm before I had a wander through. I've had some great times in the club and was a member for many years, hope your missus and staff get the place busy again Larky 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 4:28 PM, sixties saintee said:

What is the capacity of the club for functions like what Dan ran last week.

With the partition doors open you can get 200 people in  easily 

With seating for something like you mentioned it would be circa 120

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, slf said:

Where would ye find 120 people?

No idea what your on about but if you mean normal nights, then I'm not sure, however functions are different 

In a ten year spell I have had over 200 at my 50  around 200 at my 30th wedding anniversary and over 150 at my 60th

Added to that have been part of organising functions with well over 100

So not sure what your trying to say. 

• 3 years later...
On 5/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, THE LARK SAINT said:

No idea what your on about but if you mean normal nights, then I'm not sure, however functions are different 

In a ten year spell I have had over 200 at my 50  around 200 at my 30th wedding anniversary and over 150 at my 60th

Added to that have been part of organising functions with well over 100

So not sure what your trying to say. 

Did u lose 50 friends between turning 50 and 60

• 10 months later...