New Supermarket

Calinho

Got a leaflet through the door about a development proposal at Newton Farm (the farm next to McDiarmid).

They are looking to put the land up for applications for a new supermarket, public exhibition at the Tulloch on 13 March 2012.

What happened with the Sainsburys thing up at Perth Mart? Surely they will take this instead, will Tesco want it?

The leaflet said it was an alternative to the Perth Mart site. Talking about widening Crieff Road leading up to the Newhouse Road / Crieff Road roundabout. I would guess this would mean cutting into our car park.

It also says that the proposals will be part of the new road... so it will effect the North Stand and the Crieff road entrance to the club

Edited by The Neutral

Is the farm selling a field or is the farm leaving that site?

looks like the whole site is up for sale, crematorium road to saints car park and crieff road down to the land behind the east stand.

This will be murder getting to games during construction and then being wedged between 2 supermarkets on a saturday will make the whole area a nightmare.

Part of me thinks that this will lead to a move from McD. Dunno why but just thinking that.

looks like the whole site is up for sale, crematorium road to saints car park and crieff road down to the land behind the east stand.

This will be murder getting to games during construction and then being wedged between 2 supermarkets on a saturday will make the whole area a nightmare.

Part of me thinks that this will lead to a move from McD. Dunno why but just thinking that.

Aye you could be right.

Would tie in with other comments about us moving up to the mart site instead of the supermarket.

another farm bites the dust! and how many super markets you have? for how many population? will come a day Scotland will be 100pc depending on foriegn imports to feed its population.being self suffcient should be considered as a national security issue! having others to feed you what ever they decide to sell you is not healthy...my advice would be grow your own if possible or ask some one you know who does...who are these morrons in local developpment?

another farm bites the dust! and how many super markets you have? for how many population? will come a day Scotland will be 100pc depending on foriegn imports to feed its population.being self suffcient should be considered as a national security issue! having others to feed you what ever they decide to sell you is not healthy...my advice would be grow your own if possible or ask some one you know who does...who are these morrons in local developpment?

3 tescos

1asda

1 morrisons

1 aldi

1 lidl

Soon to be a sainsburys

Population 45,000

I went up to check out the proposal.

This proposal is only to gain planning permission for a "super market & petrol station" on the site of the old farm. Once/if the permission is granted the developers will sell it on at a large profit to the highest bidding supermarket!

They are also hopeful that the money they contribute to various road improvements will favour them with the council.

I doubt anyone that lives up that way wants more traffic lights, traffic or the additional noise this will bring!

They couldnt even have an upto date base map that had all the houses on it that are effected by the proposed development!

Also there is no benefit to this over the other proposal at the Dobbies site - which is the better of the two. This would also give a large supermarket to all the proposed new houses that will de developed in that area....... last page / pink shaded area - http://www.pkc.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/DA293134-FE22-4937-BCB9-DC8950DA90EE/0/ProposedPlanforweb.pdf