In Memory of Dear Departed Saints Fans

soulfulsaint

My uncle Billy Cosgrove - a big Saints fan - past away last week. He had a seat in the middle of the East Stand and remained faithful to the very end. He first introduced me to the club when the team read like poetry: Taylor, McFadyen and Lachlan...I was proud to be able to pay back the debt I owed to him when I took him to Vassa and Monaco. He was one of the last into the stadium in Monaco having been on the lash all day with an old friend George Mason, another East Stand old boy. George had been a turnstile attendant at Muirton. and passed away recently too. So we have lost two precious fans that stuck by their town and its club to the end.

I'd like to dedicate this thread to Bill and George and to hear from the others who have lost family and friends who had Saints in their heart.

RIP Uncle Bill.

My uncle Billy Cosgrove - a big Saints fan - past away last week. He had a seat in the middle of the East Stand and remained faithful to the very end. He first introduced me to the club when the team read like poetry: Taylor, McFadyen and Lachlan...I was proud to be able to pay back the debt I owed to him when I took him to Vassa and Monaco. He was one of the last into the stadium in Monaco having been on the lash all day with an old friend George Mason, another East Stand old boy. George had been a turnstile attendant at Muirton. and passed away recently too. So we have lost two precious fans that stuck by their town and its club to the end.

I'd like to dedicate this thread to Bill and George and to hear from the others who have lost family and friends who had Saints in their heart.

RIP Uncle Bill.

Really sad to hear of the passing of Willie. knew him most of my life, great man. met him in Vassa having a great time.

R.I.P Bill

Sorry to hear that Bill passed away. My mum worked with him at mccash and hunter. Nepotism got me a summer job there one year and I spent most of the time sitting chatting with Billl, the other Bill and Keith. I'm still not really sure what work we were meant to be doing. Also bumped into him and shared a beer with him in the square in vaasa.

Rest in peace Bill.

I was devastated to hear the sad news of Billy's passing SS. A true Gentleman and a true Saintee. I had some great times in the company of both him and George Mason and the joy you gave him by inviting him to the European games was priceless. They were guaranteed never to miss a game. A sad loss to the Club, Perth and most of all his family..

RIP Billy...

RIP Uncle Bill.

Im just glad the club are doing family days like today to bring in the young fans to keep the club going when we are long gone.

Im just glad the club are doing family days like today to bring in the young fans to keep the club going when we are long gone.

Sorry SS to go a bit of thread and condoleneces to your uncle Billy, i played with russell at bankfoot.

My Dad & Mum still with us both season ticket holders although both struggling but still make the games, but today the old man could not keep going on about the ormond stand looking like the old days, and the kids enjoying the game again and how we used sit there, for them all the family sons,grandsons, granddaughers, 15 at one time, it def was ray of light.

There used to be 3 generations of us in the Ormond too. Perhaps a cheaper family ST is something worth looking at for the Ormond as it makes a huge difference having people in there

Agree ryan, or just let the kids in for free, accompianed with an adult, If we could sponser free season tickets for the kids it's a bit like the old lift over the turnstile. It makes a big difference to have the four ends open and also to have three ends of home support :)

RIP Billy. Good times.

I know Jimmy Adamson died this year too. I always liked Jimmy, he was involved in an accident at the TA when he was left unable to stand or walk just about to embark on the verge of everything. He stayed in a wheelchair for the rest of his life but it didn't stop him starting and running businesses, the last one very successful and still going. I remember him from the lunchtime sessions downstairs at the Plough Inn where he was in his element watching various members of several bands join together and explore their styles and as a result Nazerath, a section of the Average White Band and various Tayside bands. RIP Jimmy.

RIP Billy. Good times.

I know Jimmy Adamson died this year too. I always liked Jimmy, he was involved in an accident at the TA when he was left unable to stand or walk just about to embark on the verge of everything. He stayed in a wheelchair for the rest of his life but it didn't stop him starting and running businesses, the last one very successful and still going. I remember him from the lunchtime sessions downstairs at the Plough Inn where he was in his element watching various members of several bands join together and explore their styles and as a result Nazerath, a section of the Average White Band and various Tayside bands. RIP Jimmy.

Had a great send off for Jim at the Concert Hall last Friday some great Saints stories One of the speakers was called David Goodwillie I reminded the audience that all charges have been dropped. RIP Jim

Your not having such a great 2012 SS. Sad to hear such a staunch saints fan passing away. My two boys 21 and 14 both went to the "catholic school" in Perth but remain true saints fans...so there is a future !

Indeed there is SingSaint. Going to the game was the best tribute. Even had a few curses in the style of my Uncle Bill. He hated diving cheats and there was one particulary odious specimen on show - in a Maroon shirt.

Indeed there is SingSaint. Going to the game was the best tribute. Even had a few curses in the style of my Uncle Bill. He hated diving cheats and there was one particulary odious specimen on show - in a Maroon shirt.

More than one...our 'cup-tied' player was shocking, and then the waiter came on