POTY Awards Sunday 6th May 2012

O'Rourke

Heard tonight that the club are set to announce that this years POTY awards do will be at the Stadium on Sunday 13th May (the day of our final league match).

Numbers will be restricted to around 200 with tickets costing £25 (£15 for under 16s).

There will be a buffet, all bars will be open and there will be an opportunity for fans to see behind the scenes at McDiarmid.

Stuart Hutton is to co-ordinate the function and any enquiries should be directed to him at Saints.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard tonight that the club are set to announce that this years POTY awards do will be at the Stadium on Sunday 13th May (the day of our final league match).

Numbers will be restricted to around 200 with tickets costing £25 (£15 for under 16s).

There will be a buffet, all bars will be open and there will be an opportunity for fans to see behind the scenes at McDiarmid.

Stuart Hutton is to co-ordinate the function and any enquiries should be directed to him at Saints.

Must be more than this

Club will review numbers depending upon demand and age profile but the Muirton Suite (where it's expected to end up) will limit the numbers unfortunately.

Let's make this a great success and reward the club for the initiative.

2 fingers

how dae you ken this ?

I saw last year AFC Telford had their POTY at the stadium.... marquee on the pitch this would be worth considering for Saints. Doesnt have to be the main pitch plenty of ground available at McD. Take it all in house all profits go to club. Marquee could seat as many as you want then all bars open even matchday snackbars converted to serve drink for the night. could be agood night.

The fakes did this last season, as we were outside waiting for the train you could hear their tannoy guy reading out the awards

They might have done some awards that way, but they host their Player of the Year in the Normandy Hotel, Renfrew, every year.

Looking forward to this years event!

Now thanks to the SPL granting us Glasgow Rangers last ever game at McDiarmid on the 13th of May, the POTY do will be on a date yet to be confirmed.

Where did you get this from?? I thought there was a meeting this Monday night?? Every thing set for 13th and now your saying it's not .

WTF is going on??

WTF is going on??

The club want to stiff you for £25 for a buffet when guys like you have been shelling out every week home and away when everyone knows football is very expensive. I think they've got a brass neck and I think you should invite your chosen players to your club in their own time. HTH.

Now thanks to the SPL granting us Glasgow Rangers last ever game at McDiarmid on the 13th of May, the POTY do will be on a date yet to be confirmed.

I heard that the POTY awards will now take place in Northern Ireland following the first tour game......All parties that have awards to give and cannot be in NI should hand them to someone who is going and they will do the deed for you .

I heard that the POTY awards will now take place in Northern Ireland following the first tour game......All parties that have awards to give and cannot be in NI should hand them to someone who is going and they will do the deed for you .

The trophies would be lost or bust before we got on the ferry.

Where did you get this from?? I thought there was a meeting this Monday night?? Every thing set for 13th and now your saying it's not .

WTF is going on??

This is ridiculous. The Club obviously view this as another excuse to **** everyone out of another £25 rather than make it a celebration of, what will hopefully become, a very successful season.

The party at the Supporters Club on Dunkeld Road when we last qualified for Europe was brilliant.

And it never cost a penny!

I would hope the board take note of this instead of hitting the hard-pressed fans in the pocket again.

Somehow I doubt it.

POTY ticket prices are : £25 aged 18+

£15 aged 13 - 17

Free for U12

Dress code is smart but casual.

Tickets will be available to purchase soon. Supporters may also order tickets through the various supporters' clubs.

£15 aged 13 - 17

Free for U12

Tickets will be available to purchase soon. Supporters may also order tickets through the various supporters' clubs.

Given the frankly idiotic stating time for this I can see a lot of folk at the Hearts game in Smart casual.:laugh: Can't believe the think you can get back from Edinburgh in a hour. FFS it takes half an hour just to get out of the place.

At least they have finally got it sorted though..

£15 aged 13 - 17

Free for U12

Just out of interest, does anyone know what exactly the £25 covers?

A meal? Some free drinks?

Not moaning, but does seem bizarre that we are having it the POTY awards on a Sunday night straight after an away game? Would directly after the Dundee United game or the Sunday after the Motherwell away game not be more appropriate?

Personally, I though last years format worked very well.