March 31st 1990

Wish i was Joe McGurn

Seeing Jimmy Bones greeting pus on the back of all the tabloids was a sight to behold, could have backfired on us sending it, thankfully it didn't, giving us MC Diarmids best ever game.

I know ...but a wee bit of me mourns the fact that there is a distinct lack of characters in our game right now...I also liked Bertie Auld & his larger than life cigars! They certainly brought colour to our game!

I've got a dvd courtesy of wee john too.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but when I think about this game I recall that track by Guru Josh.  You can hear it as the players leave the pitch at half time on the coverage.  Maybe Kevin could play this at the start of half time at the nearest home game to the anniversary?

I've got a dvd courtesy of wee john too.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but when I think about this game I recall that track by Guru Josh.  You can hear it as the players leave the pitch at half time on the coverage.  Maybe Kevin could play this at the start of half time at the nearest home game to the anniversary?

I always think of saints v airdrie game when I hear insanity by guru josh as well.. I put it on our saintees compilation for the cup final bus!

That was a great time to be around - Stone Roses and the Indie/ Manchester music scene, raves, scotland qualified for every World Cup, saints were averaging almost 6000 when they won the first division and heading back to the premier league for the first time in years, McDiarmid was still new and exciting, the pubs were full every weekend in Perth, at least 4 nightclubs in the town... Heady days!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...